Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?

Go down 
+11
birddotcom
DeathByAK
SouthPawDraw
Nely
lateralus73
invisible843
evandadda
FiremanLFD525
ParryHotter_
TheCanisDirus
bob
15 posters
AuthorMessage
bob

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Empty
PostSubject: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:54 am

So next week's release of Ghosts will be my first ever midnight release. What should I expect? Do I need to be really early, or can I just show up close to time and get in line? Do they generally keep the store open until the line is gone, or do they shut down after a certain time?
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:02 pm

Game releases on Midnight aren't that bad... Console releases on the other hand, ugh they suck! In my experience you'll be fine... they'll stay open until everyone gets their copy.
Back to top Go down
ParryHotter_

ParryHotter_

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

I believe they use a group system similar to gamestop to insure an more orderly fashion
Back to top Go down
FiremanLFD525

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:27 pm

Be prepared in all ways. Eats,Drinks,Entertainment, and Sleeping arrangements for a sidewalk.
Back to top Go down
evandadda

evandadda

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:44 pm

Ive been to 2 midnight releases, one in Tennessee, the other in Virginia. What always annoys me the most is that a single line is formed outside the best buy. When they open the doors the line splits into people who preordered and people who just show up to buy the game. The preorder line is massive and moves slow while the other line is smaller and moves quicker. So why preorder?
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:52 pm

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
Be prepared in all ways. Eats,Drinks,Entertainment, and Sleeping arrangements for a sidewalk.
I'm not sleeping on the pavement!!!!!! I'll probably bring some chairs so we don't have to stand, but if the line is stupid I'll just come back in the morning when they open.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:53 pm

evandadda wrote:
Ive been to 2 midnight releases, one in Tennessee, the other in Virginia.  What always annoys me the most is that a single line is formed outside the best buy.  When they open the doors the line splits into people who preordered and people who just show up to buy the game.  The preorder line is massive and moves slow while the other line is smaller and moves quicker.  So why preorder?
Wow, that sucks.
Back to top Go down
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 2:07 pm

I've been to a handful and the key @ gamestop is to go early get your group number then sit at home till 10 tuck the kids in kiss the wife, then join the mob.....FYI the first 15 people to get a copy at best buy get a shirt lol
Back to top Go down
lateralus73

lateralus73

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 pm

In my experience, Best Buy does NOT do a grouping system. You should get there around 11 PM (could be earlier, could be later depending on how busy that location is) and you are usually let inside the store so you can finalize any payments, etc. or pay outright if you didn't pre-order. They will then split the line into two lines. One side for PS one for XBox. While in line they sometimes hand out raffle tickets and give away door prizes to keep things fun and entertaining while you wait for midnight. Last year they gave out some Hardened Editions of BO2 and also gave away 1 Prestige Edition. There are other vendors there as well that hand out coupons and other items. They then do the final countdown at midnight and quickly yet efficiently hand out the games and get everyone out the door. Last year as we were walking out they were also handing out free 5-Hour Energy drinks for everyone that was going to be rushing home to play all night. It was a nice touch!. You should be fine. The big box retailers like WalMart and Best Buy have this type of thing down to a science for the most part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lateralus73?feature=watch
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:00 pm

Go to Walmart or Target. Won't have to wait outside
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:01 pm

My imagination says something like this...

midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Crying-1
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:11 pm

^^ LOL +1 to you sir for the chuckle!
Back to top Go down
birddotcom

birddotcom

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 32

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 8:19 pm

I went to Best Buy last year for BLOPS2, got there at 11:45 and waited in my truck until the line started moving. I was out of there by 12:25, pretty easy. Maybe 150-200 ppl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/birddotcom?feature=watch
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 am

Same as bird ... got to BB about 11:30 ... they started handing them out at Mid-night. Was out of there by 12:20pm. Went a lot quicker than I thought seeing as how there were about 200 people ahead of me.

Back to top Go down
UncleHubb

UncleHubb

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:53 am

What was funny ... is I drove by BB about 10:00am that morning and there were about 20 kids that had set up tents and sat all day freezing their asses off (this is Wisconsin) - they spent 14 hours waiting and got their game at 12:05. I waited 30 minutes and got mine at 12:20. Silly kids ... especially the ones who were too 'cool' to wear winter clothes ;-)
Back to top Go down
bouyah61

bouyah61

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 11:24 pm

as a general rule, always be ready to elbow and shove your way through the place... oh, that's an everyday rule, never done the midnight release. Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:33 am

Thanks for all the info guys! We'll probably show up around 11 and scope out the line. As long as I don't get turned away for showing up late it really doesn't matter to me where I am in line.

Another question: Can you buy other things while you're there for the midnight release? I've been thinking about picking up some Astro A40s. Can I do that at the same time, or should I go this weekend?
Back to top Go down
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Midnight release at Best Buy... this is how I picture it.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 5:58 pm

OMG...............thats going to be one BIG ASS BBQ!
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 6:00 pm

So, what Hawxx is saying is that you should expect to see Willie & Si & Jase...?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?   midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

midnight release at Best Buy; what to expect?
Page 1 of 1