Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Blitz strategy

Go down 
+11
TheCanisDirus
ZJ75
Criptic Wolf
invisible843
SwollenCamel
Dagger Asp
Vidzjunkie
DeathByAK
o RED ARROW o
ArcaniX
bluehound000
15 posters
AuthorMessage
bluehound000

bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:42 am

I know i stated and anybody who's played with me knows that I HATE blitz, its only fun for the offense(scoring) players, pretty much sucks for defense...especially when YOUR TEAMS ISN'T GIVING CALLOUTS OR KEEPING TO ONE SIDE OF MAP!!!!  And its basically a race to score 16 goals, you won't win by playing slow because its not possible to stop the other team from scoring unless they suck really bad. You have to push as many players to the other goal as fast as possible, and the defender just has to make a few plays and you'll take the lead and just keep the pressure on.  In order to keep the pressure on, and give your defender the best chance to make plays, the offensive(yes this includes you slam...you are offensive) need to play in a way that help their defender by giving some predictability of where the enemy will come from.

I've drawn up a map of Warhawk to illustrate the spawn control types of strategy that you might be able to use to have success.  Spawn control is important, just like hardpoint and CTF was in BO2, where you spawn is an indicator of where the enemies are.  If you spawn out they are in our base.

Blitz strategy Aflagb10

Blitz strategy Cflagb10

I know in that Flooded map, you can't let them into the parking garage for that side, otherwise you'll spawn in the building across the street and have ZERO ability to defend your goal. And its a forever run to get there. Control the garage...and that means controlling hallways leading to it(chokepoints).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 1:09 pm

My idea is less strategic but more of a tactical one and is probably usable combined with your strategic ideas...  (and I know you were with us through some of the rougher matches, blue - Blitz on Strikezone is bloody chaos!  Defending is super difficult on the A-Dom side and only moderately easier on the C-Dom side...  But trust me, this served us well in many other matches of blitz played last night!)

I've built a class specifically for this that I call my:

"Blitz Goalie"
Pri: Riot Shield w/ Personal Portable Radar
Sec: (player preference PISTOL: I use P226 w/ TacKnife)
Lethal: I.E.D.  (although, Throwing Knives could be very effective if you're accurate with them)
Tact: <n/a>
Req'd Perks: Reflex, Blast Shield, Extra Lethal
Optional Perks: Ready Up, ICU     (I'm not 100% sure one these ones yet, still honing the class...  Thought ICU would be more useful than it is...  might swap it back for Amplify)

Streak: Support - Support Squadmate, Juggernaught Recon (your 'upgraded' goalie class... Smile ) and optional 3rd support streak.

Important: for your secondary, I *strongly* recommend sticking with a pistol; anything else the weapon swap animation out of the shield is too slow to get the kill (this includes ground pickups, just keep your pistol...)  Also, keeping the pistol allows you to swap for slightly faster running speed (to get back to the goal if you get downed).

With this class, we played 1 goalie, 1-2 defense and 3-4 forwards (attackers, jump-in-the-holers, etc...); # of defense req'd depends on map/side and how aggressively we're being pushed.  (when things got hot, forwards would drop back to defend; when things got quiet, 1 defense would move up to mid-field).  With this setup, your defense folks are critical; the goalie is not scoring many kills (except with those well-placed IEDs), but the attackers almost always focus on you with the riot shield 'cause you're in their way, but not your defenders with the guns...

As the Goalie, your main job is information and being a distraction/blockade; move up in your "crease" (you want your port radar to pick up incoming attackers as far away as possible) and call out EVERYTHING that moves within it (your riot shield radar is personal; it's not painting those dots to the team radar).  When things were a little quieter around the goal, I'd pull up the pause menu to see where our team was positioned and guess roughly where the enemies are spawning, call outs to which lane ways are unguarded, etc...

Fair Disclaimer: this is not a super exciting class to play; I realized quickly that I was happier with low deaths than higher kills; I posted quite a few 2-5, 3-8 games, but they were wins!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 2:27 pm

As the Goalie, your main job is information and being a distraction/blockade wrote:
I also think of that role as the "Quaterback" calling the plays. Arcanix, you did a great job with your callouts. There were several times when I was already on my way to the their hole when I heard your call out and did a 180 and fell in behind an attacker and killed him before he got to you.

For those of us that will continue to play Blitz I suggest everyone builds a 'Goalie" loadout based on your loadout above and take turns learning the role. We need multiple experienced goalies. That will give everyone a chance to rotate roles so one person doesn't gets stuck as the "Goalie" all the time. There will also be days when you aren't able to play and we will need someone else to take that role.
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:27 pm

I like this. We're actually talking strategy & tactics to WIN! cheers 

I have played VERY little Blitz - think most of it was in an FNG-type lobby with knife only (that was fun btw!).

I'd be happy to play whatever role is needed in order to win. I don't give 2 shits about my stats as I've only every cared about Obj game modes so i'll gladly play defense/goalie....or whatever is needed.
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 3:33 pm

Im with your Bluehound..I hate blitz too... for all the reasons you just about posted...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
Dagger Asp

Dagger Asp

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 11:38 pm

I would recommend for the defenders to use extra lethal and danger close with IED's. Also the opposing team CANNOT score if someone is prone on the hole. Must kill prone defender first so if you have a few defenders one should be prone on the hole. This will give the other defenders enough time to kill the attacker and prevent the score.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 8:56 am

If this helps................played the other day and you can't get "in" with a trophy system on the hole.
Back to top Go down
invisible843

invisible843

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 am

During the last MLG, they only had one player going for the hole the others stayed back, I like the build of this but see to ways to maybe work it better 3 on defence, one player in the middle of the map( to help with D and call outs) and two runners working in together to score
Back to top Go down
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:04 am

@invis: Yeah, I watched them too; I can't help but feel the 4v4 instead of 6v6 has an effect on this strategy, though...  (Oh!  and anyone who HASN'T watched any of the MLG Columbus footage; I challenge you all to watch a few matches and 're-acquaint' yourself with what 'acceptable defending' looks like at the MLG level; I've been called a camper I don't know how many times for waiting a doorway proned out because I knew enemies were nearby, and that EXACTLY what a LOT of these MLG guys do...  no tents involved!)

I feel the worst position we've ever been in during a blitz game is when the enemy's have literally swarmed and taken over our base, forcing our spawns outside of the base area.  This forces our team to recover control of our base area, taking the heat off of their goal and making captures super-easy for them while they 'defend' us out of our own base.

I think the worst I've been dominated in Blitz was when 2-3 attackers would take up OUR defensive positions at OUR base and keep US out of it.  Then, the 1 guy on their team running captures just needs to avoid our respawn areas and walk straight in, over and over...

Going back to the hockey analogy, do you want the main scrum going on inside your blue line, or the enemies?

No one strategy will win all matches, either; we need to be able to dynamically shift the # of players on D and on attack, although 2 defense and 4 attackers keeping the fight near the enemy goal. Awesome discussion, though! Let's keep it rolling!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
bluehound000

bluehound000

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:31 am

ArcaniX wrote:
I've been called a camper I don't know how many times for waiting a doorway proned out because I knew enemies were nearby, and that EXACTLY what a LOT of these MLG guys do...  no tents involved!)
Its amazing how much peer pressure there is to play a game "like its supposed to be played"  No camping, headglitching, or hardscoping.  Anybody who is good at the game does all those things when they need to without guilt or shame.(let the kids rage...I just smile)

But the way the pro's play the game usually doesn't work in pub matches...because you can't count on the opposing team playing intelligently when its against randoms.  Kind of like how S&D is played when its pros vs. pubs.  The pub guys will run around willy nilly, take foolish routes(that you aren't expecting so you don't defend against it), and if you set up on a headglitch at the bomb site you likely will get swarmed by rushers.  You have to put them in a position to do foolish things...and let them do it.  My map above I gave an 85% chance when the players spawn by the fence they'll run up it....not a smart thing to do...they should rotate back to their base...but they won't(unless its an intelligent team).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
Criptic Wolf

Criptic Wolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 33

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:10 pm

My strategy is to run like a mad man toward the hole and get 10 caps lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/thecripticwolf
ZJ75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 1:13 pm

I was never a fan of CTF in previous CoD titles, and Blitz has taken that spot for my least favorite mode. I have played some games where people call out and really work well, but other games, it ended quickly and painfully. This game mode comes down to strategy and role playing, just like any other mode. If you get a solid team that knows the specific roles and positions before going into the match, then you will have a greater advantage. The other issue is trying to get 6 to stay the course and play lots of games. You will only narrow down a solid strategy if you practice it. Take it easy.

ZJ
Back to top Go down
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 3:51 pm

I haven't played much of this yet, but I would think it's very similar to CTF in strategy.

The best CTF strategy is to lock down 1 side of the map so you can control spawns and freely run flags with teammates watching cut-offs from their position along the "line" their holding to control that side of the map.

Don't see why that wouldn't work with Blitz.  It's pretty much exactly as blue lays out above, just take control of all the spawns on 1 side of the map and force them to the other side.  With Blitz you should be able to be a bit more aggressive towards their base since you don't have to guard a guy running the flag back to your base.

More than anything these type modes take communication & coordination.  Regardless of which strategy you choose, if the team is talking and working together - you'll beat 99% of assorted randoms.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 pm

You guys with your huddles and strategies... so cute with the ass slaps as well Razz 
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Wait.........................We can ass slap?
Back to top Go down
YellowGeeHawd

YellowGeeHawd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 34

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Only if you have a sexy Australian accent.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 10:08 am

*Crikey!
Back to top Go down
TheDataman72

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 1:16 pm

I like these strategies. I have played with Red before and these do work. Great info on the trophy system on the portal, that will be in my perk list when playing blitz
Back to top Go down
gpfreak

gpfreak

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:23 am

I have been having good success scoring (free fall) using quick reload and an udermounted grenade launcher. If you fire 2 consecutive shots, it pretty much clears the defense and defensive countermeasures.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gpfreakps3
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 1:02 pm

gpfreak wrote:
I have been having good success scoring (free fall) using quick reload and an udermounted grenade launcher.  If you fire 2 consecutive shots, it pretty much clears the defense and defensive countermeasures.

Like the use of the noob tube! lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Sponsored content

Blitz strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blitz strategy   Blitz strategy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blitz strategy
Page 1 of 1