Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Wii U Making a Comeback?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Wii U Making a Comeback? Empty
PostSubject: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 31, 2013 7:21 pm

Because one week of sales data from a dubious source probably tells you exactly nothing.  But still, in case anyone actually cares about the Wii U...

Wii U Outsells Xbox One The Week Before Christmas According To VGChartz

Last edited by walldoggy on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Nely

Nely

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 28

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 01, 2014 1:10 am

Wii U Making a Comeback? Hmmm
Back to top Go down
http://www.ebay.com/usr/napafish77
FightingOkra75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 1:33 pm

Nice article.

I thought this quote was the most interesting.

“This is how it goes,” says Pachter. “We expect Sony’s and Microsoft’s new consoles to thrive over the next three years, with cumulative worldwide sales of 37.7 million PS4 and 29 million Xbox One consoles by year-end 2016. We do not expect Nintendo’s Wii U to fare as well, with cumulative sales of under 20 million by 2016.”

Looks good other than this.....

http://www.videogamesuncovered.com/news/a-bleak-future-ahead-macroaxis-believe-sony-has-79-chance-of-bankruptcy-in-2-years.html#.UsWisfRDuSo
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:26 pm

I just thought it was kind of funny that citing one week of sales data for anything might be construed as market changing. lol Especially with constrained supplies probably impacting sales anyways.

I couldn't read the VGU link on my work computer and in trying to find another site I could access, I cam across this article referencing the same Macroaxis site: http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

The article mentions that according to Macroaxis, Nintendo has a 22% chance of going bankrupt in the next two years. Ironic considering most people would consider Nintendo as the one about to go under, not Sony. MSFT only has a 1% chance, of course due to the fact that MSFT has Windows and Office to support it. One wonders what it would be like if Xbox was spun off tho...
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 3:32 pm

If you liked the original original XB1, consider this:

Would an XB1 without an optical drive have doomed it from the start? BGR seems to think so...

http://games.yahoo.com/news/microsoft-almost-fatally-sabotaged-xbox-one-172542269.html
Back to top Go down
FightingOkra75

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 4:22 pm

I can't wait for a console without disks.

I'd buy the X1 at 449 without a BR over 499 with the blue ray.

I'm not going to put a disk drive in any new computer I might build either. Not a DVD or blu ray anyway.

That stuff is going the way of the cassette and 8 track. Won't even be around in 10 years I bet.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm with ya Okra. Im completely digital on the PS4 and mostly digital on the Wii U. Fast switching between games is so nice.

And on topic... the Wii U is played almost more than the PS4. Right now the Wii U has better games and more to come (opinion). Love my PS4 but theres what... Ghosts and BF4... basically it.

Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros... much time will be spent with the Wii U this spring/summer.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 9:03 pm

my kid has fond a lot to play on ps4 ! ghosts , bf4 . need for speed ,(madden ,fifa 14) if you like that shit , injustice, angry birds, Assassin's Crap IV Black Flag , just dance , lego ,knack , killzone , pinball ,ufc ,
Back to top Go down
FightingOkra75

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:54 pm

walldoggy wrote:
I just thought it was kind of funny that citing one week of sales data for anything might be construed as market changing.  lol  Especially with constrained supplies probably impacting sales anyways.

I couldn't read the VGU link on my work computer and in trying to find another site I could access, I cam across this article referencing the same Macroaxis site: http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

The article mentions that according to Macroaxis, Nintendo has a 22% chance of going bankrupt in the next two years.  Ironic considering most people would consider Nintendo as the one about to go under, not Sony.  MSFT only has a 1% chance, of course due to the fact that MSFT has Windows and Office to support it.  One wonders what it would be like if Xbox was spun off tho...

Most business people who ran the numbers would not think Nintendo was near bankruptcy.

They make money on the DS and the Wii U. They made so much money on the Wii they can make bad choices for nearly a decade before getting in trouble seriously. Now, if the Wii-U does to Ninny what the PS3 did to Sony then in ten years they might be in the same boat as Sony.

Xbox isn't being spun anywhere though. It is MSFT's only hardware success to date and it currently makes money for MSFT as a division.

It isn't like Sony would go away if they went bankrupt anyway. Google or Apple or somebody else would buy the Playstation division if it couldn't be salvaged in the bankruptcy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U Making a Comeback?   Wii U Making a Comeback? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii U Making a Comeback?
Page 1 of 1