Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Share | 

Seeking NAT type help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FightingOkra75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Seeking NAT type help.   Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Blackdeath where you at?

So. I used to have two xbox's running and one would get an Open nat and one would get a Moderate nat.

This worked out ok.

Then I got a xbox one and then another 360 and added them to the network. Now, I have NAT hell.

I can get some Open sometimes on the X1 or one of the 360's. But, I get a Strict now on the others. Last night the X1 even got a strict.

I've been through a long process with ATT UVerse now. I'm just stuck but I think I have the information I need to actually make all this work....maybe.

I was told I'd need static IP addresses for the xbox's. It costs me 15 bucks but I now have in my possession these IP addresses. So, I tried to assign them to a xbox but it won't connect to the router anymore at all.

I'm not doing something right.

Anybody know how to set up a bunch of static IP addresses on the xbox? I haven't messed with it today because it gets frustrating.

Where you at Black?
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:57 pm

yea, the reason why is, you need to forward ports to an IP. The Ports that XBL uses needs to be forward to the IP of your Xbox. If you only have 1 xbox, its no big deal, but since you have 2, you can't forward the port to 2 different devices, so they want you to put a static IP on the other Xbox I'm guessing.

This makes sense as you can forward the same port on the other IP. Each IP has ports 1054-65000(give or take a few)....There are ports below the 1054 range but those are using reserved..like 21(FTP),22(SSH),80(web) and so on..You can still adjust them, but those are them.

Anyways, the bottom line is, you can't forward the same port to two different devices, so each xbox would need its own WAN IP
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
FightingOkra75

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:16 pm

So how do I give them their own WAN IP?
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:51 pm

Get another Static IP

When you sign up with your ISP, you normally only get 1 WAN ip address...usually when you purchase an extra IP, they give you 5 Static IP's...(you would only need 2 really), but you could use the others if needed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:23 pm

What router do you have because I can have 3 xbox 360, and an xbox one all on at the same time with an open nat and UPnP enabled with out assigning ip's to the xboxes.

You can try this.
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm

You shouldnt have to buy static ip's from your provider just to hook up multiple devices. Depending on your router you should have an IP range you can use to assign your xboxes static Ip's through your network gateway. Like whatever your router login is 192.168.1.1   then you should have 192.168.1.2-255 to assign to devices through your routers interface.

Now keep in mind you must have UPnP enabled and some router won't run UPnP and DMZ or port forwarding together side by side and play nicely with each other. So if you have DMZ or port forward set up disable it all and enable UPnP then assign the static IP's as shown in the link I gave you and try it.

Also make sure to reboot your xbox and run the test connection before signing in and playing a game once you set the static IP up.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com http://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT
bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:50 pm

Okra, I have a D-link router and had trouble getting a strict NAT on my XBone. Did a little googling and found out that for a D-Link you need to put your XBone in Evergy savings mode, so that it does a hard boot at startup(instead of always being in standby mode and doing a soft boot) Something about the XBone and its standby mode that doesn't work good with its routers and the UpnP.

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=56759.new

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

Joseph Heller,

Catch-22

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
FightingOkra75

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Winners wrote:
What router do you have because I can have 3 xbox 360, and an xbox one all on at the same time with an open nat and UPnP enabled with out assigning ip's to the xboxes.

You can try this.
http://portforward.com/networking/staticip-xbox360.htm

You shouldnt have to buy static ip's from your provider just to hook up multiple devices. Depending on your router you should have an IP range you can use to assign your xboxes static Ip's through your network gateway. Like whatever your router login is 192.168.1.1   then you should have 192.168.1.2-255 to assign to devices through your routers interface.

Now keep in mind you must have UPnP enabled and some router won't run UPnP and DMZ or port forwarding together side by side and play nicely with each other. So if you have DMZ or port forward set up disable it all and enable UPnP then assign the static IP's as shown in the link I gave you and try it.

Also make sure to reboot your xbox and run the test connection before signing in and playing a game once you set the static IP up.

The problem is ISP related and is just the way it is apparently with ATT Uverse and multiple xbox systems. ATT Uverse doesn't offer any routers that enable upnp.

It sucks but it is what it is.

I'm considering moving back to cable at this point so I can buy a Upnp. I've read a lot about this now and there is no real solution other than get a router with excellent UPnP implementation which is not supported by ATT.

Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:25 pm

ok before spending money on static IPs try this

inside your dsl modem / router ensure uPnP is ENABLED - this is exactly the scenario that this was invented for.  If a device needs a port mapping and is uPnP compatible it'll "figure it out" with your router.

Once you've established uPnP is enabled on your modem / router. Then disconnect all consoles from the network, reset the network config on all the xboxes, next reconnect one console at a time AFTER you tested its connection / NAT is open.  All three should come up open after they've  re-registered with the router (assuming uPnP is enabled / working).

How to Reset Network Settings on xbox:
Settings/System/Network Settings
Choose Wired or Wireless
Choose Configure Network
Choose Additional Settings
Select Restore to Factory Defaults
Select Yes, restore to factory defaults when prompted

edit:

fuck I just read your post about upnp being a no go.  

what is the exact model of your dsl modem/router? Are they still using 2wire's? Or is it a Dlink?

if that modem/router truly does not support uPnP  you'll need a new modem/router

i also found this - which talks about resetting network defaults on consoles to resolve the issue (in some cases) and enabling port triggering on your router (while having all other port fwd disabled and dmz off)

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/5628-using-two-xbox-360-consoles-on-the-same-internet-connection

My Ultimate Network / Router Thread **Updated 1/7/2013**
My HOW TO: Guide to Console Recording Thread

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
BuffaloCobra

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:00 pm

I work with computers and networking for a living and one thing i can tell you is that after you have resolved all port forwarding rules on your end, your provider can still mess with their ports and mess with your NAT from their end.

PostSubject: Re: Seeking NAT type help.   

Back to top Go down

Seeking NAT type help.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: XBox Division :: XBox General Discussion Area-
Jump to: