Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Share | 

Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheZeroDivide

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 pm

I'm trying out a new method of improving accuracy and aim. I need a guinea pig or two (or three, or however many are willing) who's willing to dedicate an hour a day to practicing my methods. It doesn't matter which system, it should be universal. I'd need you to take a screenshot of your accuracy before you start, as a baseline, then after the couple weeks of "training" take another screenshot and use the weekly time frame to see how much improvement there is.

I'm hoping that within a couple of weeks you'll see a pretty good improvement in your aim as well as scores in games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 pm

O_o

Wish I could but can't dedicate an hour a day every day - what % do you think this method you are talking about will improve?

Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Here's the method in detail:

Using a private match, set up a FFA game with the following settings:

Game Setup -> Maps -> Strikezone or Warhawk
Mode -> FFA
Options -> Game Options -> Time Limit and Score Limit both Unlimited for sustained practice, 10min/30 points for quick practice
Options -> Player Options -> Max Health: Double
Bots: 7 for Strikezone, 11 for Warhawk
Bot Difficulty: Recruit

Use the following class setup:
Remington R5 -> Muzzle Break (can put an optic on the gun, just don't put grip on it)
MK 32
Quickdraw, Scavenger, Focus, Reflex

You're going to play the FFA, but with some self-imposed rules. With double health, each kill should take 5 shots.  You're going to only be allowed to reload after you've gotten three kills.  That will give you 8 shots per kill.  You are also NOT allowed to sprint around any corners.  

If you don't get three kills before reloading, or if you sprint around a corner, either pull out your MK32 and shoot it at your feet to kill yourself (this is why we have the MK32 equipped.  Regular grenades or C4 won't kill you with double health), or just let the bots kills you.

There's a reason for every setting and rule.  

The Remington is used because it has the lowest fire rate of the ARs, which will force you to maintain good accuracy to get the required 5 hits to kill.

Double health is to simulate unreliable connections in online play.  If you have to get 5 hit markers to kill, then you'll be forced to maintain accuracy for longer than the 3 shots it should take to kill with this gun online.  This will lead to more kills on a crappy connection, and easier kills on a good connection.  

Recruit bots are used to start because I want the initial focus to be on ACCURACY, and not speed.  Doing it right is more important than doing it fast when you start. After a couple weeks of doing this, you can increase the bot level.  It's important to get the basics down before anything else, so start on recruit.

Killing yourself if you don't get three kills per clip is again to emphasize the importance of accuracy.  Negative reinforcement. Killing yourself if you sprint around a corner is to teach you not to do that.  That's a huge thing that people do that get them killed online. Breaking bad habits and replacing them with good ones is one of the reasons for this method.

Last edited by TheZeroDivide on Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:04 pm

xXx MiGs xXx wrote:
O_o

Wish I could but can't dedicate an hour a day every day - what % do you think this method you are talking about will improve?

I'm hoping for someone to get an accuracy of around 25% by doing this.
Back to top Go down
Maverick9227

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 19

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:18 pm

I can volunteer for some of that action.

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:24 pm

I can give u an average 5 to 6 hours a week. Cant commit to and hour a day. With my schedule right now not many people are on when I'm getting if work so i was well work on something other then just playing with randos

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:29 pm

Rule #1 No drinking....

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
jdhilk

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:55 pm

No drinking?! Damn. Guess I'm out.
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:03 pm

Sith_Miester III wrote:
I can give u an average 5 to 6 hours a week.  Cant commit to and hour a day.  With my schedule right now not many people are on when I'm getting if work so i was well work on something other then just playing with randos

Anyone can do it, you don't need to dedicate the hour per day to it. I just want to try to get some consistency so that I can actually say "Hey, this works!" rather than "It worked for me, it might not work for you."

Back to top Go down
bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:34 pm

hey Zero, are you able to change the filter duration on your accuracy to something other that "All Time"?  Because I can't.

I'm afraid with that much of a record, it will be difficult to change enough to draw any conclusions.  Would work better if we could change the filter to monthly or weekly to track any progress.

Right now I'm at 20.98

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

Joseph Heller,

Catch-22

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
o RED ARROW o

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:40 pm

Your system sounds very similar to the system advocated by Xclusive Ace on youtube. I have tried his method just once so I can't say if it works or not. I would like to be a Guinea pig. My accuracy is around 8%, near the bottom of the leaderboard.

"Red Arrows Never Glance though hell burns in advance"
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:25 pm

bluehound000 wrote:
hey Zero, are you able to change the filter duration on your accuracy to something other that "All Time"?  Because I can't.

I'm afraid with that much of a record, it will be difficult to change enough to draw any conclusions.  Would work better if we could change the filter to monthly or weekly to track any progress.

Right now I'm at 20.98

No, there isn't unfortunately. I was just personally going to write down my hits and misses at the start of doing the system, and then do the math myself when I wanted to check it.
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:34 pm

o RED ARROW o wrote:
Your system sounds very similar to the system advocated by Xclusive Ace on youtube.  I have tried his method just once so I can't say if it works or not.  I would like to be a Guinea pig.  My accuracy is around 8%, near the bottom of the leaderboard.

Wow, it is really similar to his system. I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I'll have to make sure I credit him when I start making videos about it. Damn, he even recommends the same gun.

Back to top Go down
Denar

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:37 pm

Just use sniper rifle, I had 20% accuracy last week, per my latest ghost stat updater. :-) lol
Back to top Go down
FightingOkra75

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 pm

25% accuracy would be nice.

My kid sits at the top of my friend's list leaderboard with 21.86%. He claims the AK 12 is the best gun. Oh, we need to turn our sensitivity way up too. That's what he says......

lol

Mine is up to 13%

I'd be happy to hit 15% myself.

Back to top Go down
bluehound000

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:07 pm

TheZeroDivide wrote:
bluehound000 wrote:

Right now I'm at 20.98

No, there isn't unfortunately.  I was just personally going to write down my hits and misses at the start of doing the system, and then do the math myself when I wanted to check it.

We gotta do math and shit...I dont know, that sounds way too complicated Suspect 

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you”

Joseph Heller,

Catch-22

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2jYqvIwfMp5exPh0sYjnGQ
jdhilk

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:18 pm

My wife teaches first grade if that helps. LOL, jk
Back to top Go down
friedferretfeet

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:16 am

What time of day are you looking to do this Zero?

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22 am

Base line on 17% just did my first session and it made me realize how ocd i am about reloading after each kill. Got over that hurdle and had some fun with it.

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:51 am

I've been working on a large project Since December and haven't played at all. I'll be finishing up in the next week and will definitely re-visit this thread before I go to online-play.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ironkneebone
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:59 am

I would do it if you were on the Xbox one..

You know I'm always down to help test/train/practice
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:51 pm

I think anyone can do this on any console, right? It's not limited to PS4 or XB1, since it's not like you are playing with others. Just run your own private lobby and you are good to go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheZeroDivide

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:52 pm

Guys, this is something you do on your own. It can be done on any system.
Back to top Go down
Vidzjunkie

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 pm

Gotcah

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/x30xvidzjunkie
Resolute02

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:18 pm

I'm in. An hour every day might be hard though (esp during clan wars).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.   

Back to top Go down

Who wants to get better? I need a volunteer.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: COD Ghosts-
Jump to: