Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

DashBoarders Beware!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

DashBoarders Beware!!! Empty
PostSubject: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:08 pm

I have not seen this confirmed. But this guy is a legit youtuber.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:14 pm

hmmmm...doesn't sound like it's a set punishment...but more of a glitch...but very interesting nonetheless...

I myself have dashboarded a few games but only when I'm getting worked due to issues beyond my control like a really bad connection or when I'm very suspicious of what's going on with the other team like a possible lag switcher or aim bot...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Hhmmm...interesting. Now if they can just come up with a obnoxious music in the background blocker, and an annoying chipmunk repellant we would be in business...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm going to say it's bollocks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:04 pm

He's probably getting reset since the game isn't out yet and anyone who gets XP SHOULD be reset. How does the host have one red bar? He is FOS. I'd hate to have my stat reset if my modem suddenly kicked out or I lost power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 pm

Maybe they have a way to tell the difference between a loss of power and a dashboard. Maybe they where testing a way to find the dashboarders. I can't imagine they will reset stats for a loss of power or internet drop. Of course people will pull the plug if thats the workaround.

But I don't believe they would go so far as reseting stats for a power loss. The CoD community would go insane!!!! No one would ever reach 10-80.

The temp ban is a neat idea to work on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:34 pm

I think a good approach to dashboarders is to impose a cool-down period on anyone that dashboards more than 2 or 3 games in a row in a certain period of time (say less than 15 minutes). The cool-down period would be 30-60 minutes where they couldn't do anything in multiplayer - no combat training, no special ops... but you could do Campaign. Or you could turn off your PS3/Xbox and clean your damn bathroom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:59 am

I think we to define dashboarding too. Is it anytime that someone leaves a game in session or when someone turns power off to their console? I thought that leaving a game was alright because it still recorded your stats and gave you a loss for that game whereas turning power off to your console did not and that was what dashboarding was.

If that is the case then I do not see how they can stop it without hurting people who lose power or have a connection issue.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:15 am

I bet this guy dashboards a lot more than he says he does. How is he playing MW3 before the release? I am confused. I know there was the Kmart mistake, but that was a very small number of copies. I think it is a pre-release glitch erasing of his stats. There is no way that your stats are removed if you shut off your system and I think this guy is making something out of nothing in order to continue to have topics of videos to post until Nov 8th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:40 am

I've seen quite a few youtube videos from Woody and he is generally informative. I'm not exactly sure how all these youtube guys get the early copies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 am

They don't. It's BS. If he did why's he not posting his commentary over a MW3 gaming clip.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:30 am

Yo...everyone go check out youtube. The videos are already pouring in from Way to Early it was An Accident Release...

Remember many retailers and whatnot have these games/dvds/music at least a week prior to launch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:17 pm

I've never dashboarded so that doesn't matter to me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:36 pm

It's actually pretty easy to get pre-release copies if you're a reviewer or hooked up with someone in the media, or in retail. I've gotten several copies of games before release back when I was managing a video store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

I think in the strictest sense, dashboarding is "rage quitting when you are the host". On the PS3, that means hitting the PS3 button and quittign the game prematurely. If they can detect that and differentiate between that and losing a connection then I am all for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DashBoarders Beware!!!   DashBoarders Beware!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DashBoarders Beware!!!
Page 1 of 1