Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

RIP Panic Knife

Go down 
AuthorMessage

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Well I finally had enough of dying as a result of panic knifing. I should have compiled a YouTube montage of my greatest fails. Comedy gold.

Last night I decided to finally switch to tactical layout. It's a work in progress but I can see myself improving. Now when I round a corner I drop shot like a sumbitch. Not because I'm trying mind you, but because it has taken the place of my signature "flail and fail." So now you won't hear me say, "goddamn panic knife."

I know many of you are deeply saddened by this news. Don't worry. I can still bitch about quickscopers.

I tried a few matches of tac layout on blops but abandoned it in short order. This time I'm committed.

I'm curious what the preferred layout is with you guys. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Tactical all the way. I am not ashamed of my drop shotting. It's what I'd do IRL if I was getting shot at, well not really, I would go fetal but there is no button for that. Plus in MW3 it is much harder to kill someone laying down than it was in Black Oops.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm

FMG9s or G18s will take out a drop shotter with no issues Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:32 pm

I find it the opposite. I struggled with drop shotters more in Black Ops. Maybe it's being used to people doing it.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:37 pm

tactical layout for me please. jump, wiggle, dive, duck, dip, dodge....whatever you can do to stay alive is my motto. Panic knifing just got me killed more than anything.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:44 pm

i use tactical as well, FBD. It takes time but stick with it and it will improve your game. I rarely won any corner knife-fights so I said what could it hurt?

My natural tendency is to jam the R3 button anyway, so now I dropshot almost all the time. It saves me probably 3-5 times a match and gets me the same amount of kills. Once in awhile I drop into a headshot, but lots of guys run sensitivity levels of 8 or higher and they have a hard time accurately sighting their gun down into a smaller target. Not to mention if you're going uphill, dropshotting WILL save your ass.

Advantage: you. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:51 pm

I think I just figured out what "tactical layout" means I thought it was some code word but you mean the way the buttons work... lol

I will have to look at it and see what the differences are
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:54 pm

I will have to try the tactical layout. Hated it in BO. I have always used the default layout since MW1 so it will take some adjustment.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I haven't had much trouble with panic knifing in MW3 so far, Blops I did all the time. I'm scared to try anything different, so many years of COD with the standard layout, my muscle memory is set in stone.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I have heavy thumbs apparently. And it's getting worse. Maybe the resistance on my thumbstick has worn out or something. They are probably 5 years old. I feel like I'm barely using pressure yet I have been "flail-failing" with greatly increased frequency.

@KJColby- The only difference is R3 is crouch/drop instead of knife lunge.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:34 pm

I tried the tactical and didn't like it, but in all fairness I only used it for about 10 games and gave up on it.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I switched back in BO for the same reason. Now that I've gotten used to tactical, I only really miss the panic knife when i get panic knifed.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:05 pm

I prefer tactical, but my KDR is lower than yours so take it for what it is worth.

With your sneak and lurk approach I figured that the tactical would be better since you are spending time behind things while your lurk.

Tried to switch back to default for zombies, but could not do it. Tactical for life I suppose.

Good luck with your new habit.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:08 pm

I always run tactical, however I also get knifed an absolute ton even while shooting people which is what I hate about the knife to begin with.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:09 pm

The panic knife has not been an issue for me in BO or MW3, I tried the tac layout and could not get the hang of it.....my brain is already programmed I guess Very Happy
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 6:45 pm

I ran tactical for a long time in Black Ops due to the panic knifing. It was handy dropping prone with a panic encounter. I then switched back to default about 6 weeks ago because I wanted to improve my knife work. I have only panic knifed once in MW3, and I have survived a few times by virtue of a knife that I wouldn't have been able to do with the tactical set-up.

I replayed the campaign in Call of Duty 2 three weeks ago (I was desperate at the time), and that screwed-up the nerve pathways for a couple days. I occasionally revert back to that button programming for some unknown reason even in MW3. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 pm

CaptainHammer420 wrote:
I switched back in BO for the same reason. Now that I've gotten used to tactical, I only really miss the panic knife when i get panic knifed.

That's why I don't use tactical, because hitting the B button to do a knife takes too long and will result in my death. The number of times I panic knife has continually dropped with experience anyway.
Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 1:25 am

i use default when i rush, which is almost always.

havent gotten to the ARs in mw3 yet, i will probably start to use them after about prestige 3-4, but for now its all about smgs and my GOLD Striker, so until i use ARs i will use default, whenever i make the switch to ARs and try to keep my enemies at distance i will use tactical for drop shotting and crouching behind cover.

To Each Their Own, i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RIP Panic Knife Empty
PostSubject: Re: RIP Panic Knife   RIP Panic Knife Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP Panic Knife
Page 1 of 1