Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The perfect squad for Dom

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

The perfect squad for Dom Empty
PostSubject: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:21 pm

I have not done any formal research, but have developed a hunch theory on the perfect squad for Dom. It has to do mostly when I am in groups with the following guys: Nixon, the1, Savvy, Wini, and some others. It's not because I feel these are the best players in the clan, it's because I think our style and classes are most complimentary.

For instance, Wini, The1, and Savvy almost always run FJ, cap a lot of B flags and generally cause a commotion in the middle of the map. Nixon is the master edge creeper, and I consider myself an apprentice. I try to push just a tad past B and lock down a choke point. We all run KS that suit our styles...the rushers drop a shit ton of Napalm, and keep SPs up all match while the creepers try to work for Attack choppers, Hueys, Blackbirds and Dogs.

We almost never lose a match unless there is a horrible connection.

I have plenty of other good games with other clannies, and it's because we all take on the aforementioned roles. The games we lose are generally poorly communicated, where not enough guys are running the FJ (B capper) class. And we have guys basically playing FFA. I know there are a lot of new guys to the clan who may be unfamiliar with the common strategy, but perhaps we should all take a brief moment to discuss the classes/roles/KS in the party lobby if there are some new guys.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:28 pm

I run more interference roles when we have players capping B. My job seems to be keeping the enemies from getting to the flag while it's being capped. I'll take a death for the sake of them capping that flag, but I'm sure to take at least 1-2 of the enemies with me. Another role is to make my way behind them if they are pushing hard. If they're pushing hard they will most likely get that B flag which means I need to get to A or C and cap it to keep our 2 flag cushion. Even a flank blocker has been played. It's all about adjusting to the rooms players
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:31 pm

Sounds good. I too find my play style works well when mixed with The1, Nixon, wini, FBD, Savvy. Not saying I only want to play with them, but I always seem to win, win, win.

The one role I fill consistently is counter-intelligence/support. I always run Counter spy plane with hardline pro. This keeps it up pretty regularly. I always save one in case the enemy gets a blackbird and I am always willing to flip packages for the squad with the hardline pro. I generally plant jammers, knock spy planes and choppers down to keep the airspace open for when the big boys bring in chopper gunners. I pop up sentry guns as much as possible on B or to block an avenue of approach to funnel them more towards the kill zones set up by the guys patrolling B. That play style works for me becuase it is a cold day in hell that I get four bars and the difference in 3 to 4 bars is just enough that I lose most one on one encounters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:33 pm

I play the B flag with FJ. And like BigDaddyN8, I like to keep the airspace clear, so I always have strella equiped. Damn the KDR...I like the win. I'm usually bottom of the player list, but I have fun, unless the connection is bad. That's when the potty mouth starts and my usual phrase is "THAT WAS BS" or something similar, so I apologize for the jsavvy rants Razz Maybe I should become a master edge creeper like Nixon. But playing with the clan is the $hit. Enjoy the hell out of it. Beats the hell out of playing with a bunch of randumbs. Teamwork is the key to winning objective games and >30< is great at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 pm

I am not a very effective rusher, but I usually excel at holding down the B flag by running ghost pro with a silenced weapon and shifting around my vantage point to keep the kill-cam chasers away...my defends usually greatly out number my captures..

This enables me to keep a steady stream of SP in the air as well as usually two attack choppers per match...usually too much action around B for me to reliably get past a 7 kill-streak though
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:13 pm

I used to run FJ and hang around B a lot. Now I run LW/Marathon and run just past B and try to knife and hawk them before they get to B. I figure if they never get to B then they can't possible Cap it. If they are running a lot of sp then I will switch to ghost/marathon. I mostly run SP, CSP, Napalm (sometimes a chopper or something to do with a contract).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:21 pm

I'm still working to find my niche but I' typically am found running FJP, SOH, & TMP and mixing it up on B. I run low killstreaks typically RCXD, Napalm, and Helo.

If we're getting schooled, I switch to Ghost and creep the map edges.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I dont have a preference for who I play with within the clan as 9 out of 10 games whatever party I am in we win... I think it's just the fact we all work together and communicate and are all well versed in the arts of black ops... I am never worried going into a match that we are going to lose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks All! Great compliments. I like playing with you guys as well. I feel like my knowledge of the games exceeds my skill on any given night, but I have my niche I feel. We have been playing together for so long I would hope we would have some sort of success at this.

I think that almost anyone can play the B capper role. I started doing this because I knew I was not good enough to actually kill people, but I could run to B and lay on it pretty effectively. The good news is I feel like I have a decent feel for the flow of a match; that is, I don’t see people at X, I know my guys are at X, therefore they are going to come around that corner in 3, 2, 1… At times this can offset the need for any real skill, contributing to the adage “every dog has his day” which a

Side lurkers are the most important role IMHO. It is the side lurkers and the floaters that keep guys where they belong, that is in their spawn and causing general disruptions away from B. If you can get 2-3 guys running away from B to attend to something else, like the disruption near their spwan, or the route other than directly to B, then that keeps B clear for me to cap or camp like a automatic weapon wielding boyscout at Jamboree. On any given team you need to have 2 guys who go 25-4 or whatever to get the big killstreaks that really messes up their game. Side lurkers make sure no one ends up behind you.

Perfect Team? Some of the players I see who do really well are those mentioned above by FBD. Add VisciousVi and Ardvark (when his connection isn’t giving him a hard time). Those 2 consistently have games where they get a goodly number of kills and also caps and the all important defend. They both run Ghost Pro, thus getting those silent caps.

The issue is I can’t really do a side lurker role no matter what we talk about in the lobby. I can so it some on Discovery, but that is about the only map, and even then I usually am outmatched by their own side lurker and his lag switch. I am not a guy who will get Chopper gunner 3x/night. If I get 3 Napalm I am happy.

I think we can experiment with some role discussion in the lobby, Like Player X,Y,Z are in charge of getting B. Other guys are in charge of funneling the other team into B. I think of it like concentric circles. At B are me and 2 other guys capping/defending/dying/watching the routes leading into B/calling out who killed you and where they were going when you died. The next circle out is 2 guys controlling the popular side routes. The 3rd circle is not expected to cap or defend or whatever. They are to get cheap kills the whole match and can go where ever they want to accomplish this.

The main key is communication. All day long. Tell people where the campers are. Tell people you cleared B. Tell people you killed the guy overlooking B on Zoo. Tell people where you spawn. Tell people where to look as a heads up. This is as important as any roles IMHO.

What I have seen the last couple of nights is somewhat of a breakdown. We get the announcement that someone is taking B and then we all leave our spots to kill the guy on B. Now no routes are protected and bad guys are pushing to places where we would prefer them to not be. Worst is when some ghost goes back to cap A and then 4 guys run back to kill him. We kill him and then are all looking at each other with satisfaction while the other team is capping B with 3 guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 4:43 pm

I start out every match as a B-capper...sometimes I will use LW/Marathon to try to push past B a bit and take guys out...but at the beginning of the game my sole intent is us getting B. After that, I like to move into a sneaky edge worker role...I switch to ghost pro to defend and try to put up some SP/CSP. I'm also very open to hanging back at A/C and guarding against guys trying to flank us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:06 pm

I have learned alot by following nixon around, I am the guy who harrasses the other team with counter spyplanes and I always shoot down all the aircraft that i can find. I do my best to watch the b flank for the guys with ghost that are trying to sneak around. I have found it to be very effective when i am watching after B to lay a jammer near it cause it really seems to mess the other side up.
but the key to winning dom is just calling things out to your team, no one person can win Dom. I have seen alot of the newer guys play dom and i have whatched some of their games and they are playing TDM and it hurts the team. But i have had matches where i go for the flag the enitre time and have two captures cause I was playing a crappy game.
but the honest with you guys we seem to win dom 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 5:45 pm

ZombiePatton wrote:
I have learned alot by following nixon around, I am the guy who harrasses the other team with counter spyplanes and I always shoot down all the aircraft that i can find. I do my best to watch the b flank for the guys with ghost that are trying to sneak around. I have found it to be very effective when i am watching after B to lay a jammer near it cause it really seems to mess the other side up.
but the key to winning dom is just calling things out to your team, no one person can win Dom. I have seen alot of the newer guys play dom and i have whatched some of their games and they are playing TDM and it hurts the team. But i have had matches where i go for the flag the enitre time and have two captures cause I was playing a crappy game.
but the honest with you guys we seem to win dom 90% of the time.

Our most dominant games we have 1 or 2 caps and very few defends.. thats because we are keeping the guys off the flags and pushing them back constantly.. I have no set class for our games, I kind of pick one that I feel like running... sometimes flak with a AR and tube... sometimes lightweight with a SMG.. I like using different weaponry each round or two to keep it from being boring
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah I will switch it up ever once it a while
every now and then the m-60 must come out and then carnage starts

the other key is to keep a and b or c and b, and if we have a large lead go after the third cap then,we seem to get messed up if the the other team or some one on our team flips the spawn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 6:49 pm

Screw you guys, I'll go 1V6 DOM against all'y'all. Razz

I know what you are saying though. Certain guys play key roles, and if we don't have the right mix, it can be tougher to win. I noticed that last night we were losing the back flag quick because no one was guarding it as they were playing other the roles. So I tried, and failed miserably.

My W/L has been moving steadily upward since joining the 30, from a 0.7 up to a 0.95. Just 100 more wins to get even. And having good team-focused players protecting my back and teaching me to be a smarter player has stabilized my KdR too, not that it means anything.
Back to top Go down
Mason32nd

Mason32nd

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 9

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:58 pm

for the last 3 years i've pretty much practiced every Monday night with my squad,
its to the point now where i know exactly where everyone is at all times.
All our squads have the same tactics , so regardless of who we play with , we are all on the same page

And on a side note... for the last week or so i've had a blast running with you guys
i'm usually a floater between A and B, although when i see we are winning by alot , i do on occasion push past B....even though that goes against what i'm used to....

sometimes i'll flank around to cap the back flag if we really need it , and for that i always run ghost...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:21 pm

This "lurker" is back from the boredom of Vermont and looking to make up for the kills ive missed the last 4 days. I do agree though with the right lineup we can stand up to anybody out there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am

I have learned alot in the month I have been with the 30...ty u all for not only being a awesome bunch to play with(that didn't sound right)...and also great teachers...I find myself now always running to B to cap it then disappering into the mist of the map to cause CHOAS around the map on purpose...allowing the team to get set up to keep the prerimiter line. There have been a few games I didn't even cap anything because 4 of my team was behind me going to b while the other was getting A or C...I run past B to provide a buffer to allow more time to cap B..I have no problem in taking a few death's as long as the mission gets done( A WIN). With that being said I think most whom have played with me know I rush and rush HARD(play hard or go home). Most of the time I can get 3 caps and a few defends and I normally pick up alot of offence medals..but like when I had my 54-15 run I didn't Cap a single flag..they were playing TDM on DOM so Iknew if I caused enough HAVOC then the team could Cap easy...so I did jus that. Guess this is why Manic has called me a Beast.. and I thank for that along with him saying others have comendned my ruthlessness, which is good but also at the same time not always good for the team...I to have watched my KDR climb upward since being here which is good but I would rather see my W/L climb more as it is the gateway to a great team.. I normally run LW Pro/WL Pro/and Marathon...but have been known to switch to Ghost, Ninja, and WL Pro...also pull out my FJ and the chugger,chugger from time to time just to push the other team back into their spawn areas. the past weeks matches almost always net me 3 Naplam's and more than enough SP and CSP....I always ask the team " I got Naplam where do u want it?" only toward the end will I just drop randomlly based on our SP above, unless I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's needed on B. If there is anything I can improve upon pls let me know I am up to learn anything and do anything as long as the TEAM WINS!!..... bounce

Last edited by ReaverofSouls77 on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:04 am

Welcome back. I've noticed that we've had fewer Hueys in the air the past few days... I'm sure that will change.

I have actually been getting a few chopper gunners myself lately...up until recently I never considered myself patient enough to go for the 8+ ks rewards, but I saw there was a contract and figured I'd give it a go. Funny thing happened...I actually started getting them! Once you make it to 8 and get a BB up, it almost assures you get to the 9th or 10th. Dogs are my next project.

I've been having much more success anticipating the enemy movement. I used to just go where I wanted to go, and get killed as a result. Now I go where I think the enemy will be and predict their routes. I am now regularly running SP, BB, and CG, and it's been working fairly well. I still have my clunker games, especially when there is a WC host, but having fun nonetheless. Whenever I'm getting killed for being impatient and stupid, I just take a breath and think WWND? (What would Nixon do?)

I'm going to sell little bracelets in the clan store. Sure to be a bestseller!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:12 am

Interesting point on your skills improving FBD. I have always shied away from the 8+ kill streak rewards because I never seem to stay alive long enough to get them. The way you describe it I bet my skills have improved enough to give it a try. I usually keep the low killstreaks up for the team like CS/care package/Sentrygun and once I pop up my sentrygun I usually play very loose so that if I die I can start rebuilding care packages.

Sorry I haven't been on much the last few days. I miss playing dom with you boys, but I am having a lot of pressure outside of the fun world of COD and don't have the time to sit down and fire up the playstation every night. Hopefully, I will get my COD fix tonight. I am jonesing pretty bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:24 am

We ran a few games last night. I know FBD and Savvy were in there and a few others that unfortunately I can't remember. The other team was playing Deathmatch, so it was easy to keep the flags, but I looked up at one point and noticed all 6 of our guys were set up, meaning we were all in a position, spread out but not too far away from each other, and it was going to be really hard for them to get through if they decided to start playing DOM all of a sudden. I was so proud I almost shed a tear. Not really, but I thought it was awesome.
If we could figure out a day to practice tactics and positioning on the different maps, we wouldn't worry so much about facing an entire clan of 15th prestiges. This clan is the exact reason I got into playing FPS games. GAME ON!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:27 am

N8, your philosophy is EXACTLY the same as mine used to be. I'd usually always go SP, Napalm, Sentry, and then lather, rinse repeat. There was no real incentive for staying alive past that. Now, by shooting for higher KS rewards, it pays to stay engaged, which in itself, helps the team. Also, having to toss smoke to bring in crates takes you out of the action. It also seems Sentry guns are less and less effective unless you're playing against newbs. Most veterans will take them out with a concussion and a LAW in short order.

For some reason, my Attack Choppers have been mopping up lately. I have no idea why they are not shooting them down, but I either park them over B or the enemy spawn and they routinely get 6+ kills.

And just to give props to all who run BB...this is absolutely the most selfless KS. Not only does it help you get your Huey, Dogs, etc, but it also greatly aids your teammates in getting their big KS rewards. It seems like whatever team is routinely getting BBs is the winner no matter what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 am

Yes. If the enemy keeps BB up with consistency we almost always lose and vice versa, if we have them up it is an almost guaranteed win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:46 am

I love the BB but honestly anytime I go against it, its easily stopped. I always run SP/CSP and always keep one handy for when an enemy SR71 is incoming, I know randumbs dont do this but its good for us when we have one. Whenever a teammates drops an SR-71 I use a CSP it makes it worse for them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 am

I will usually try to throw a CSP up in HQ to mask where the HQ is or if we get a attack chopper up. It makes it more difficult to know where to shoot it down at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 am

I play tdm almost exclusively, so I struggle with domination. I think from now on I'm just going to camp the b flag with flak jacket and drop tactical insertions. Hopefully I'll be able to keep gettin xp while hovering around a 1.0 kdr. Last night I was getting curb stomped and had to t rage quit before I went George "The Animal" Steel on my headset.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The perfect squad for Dom   The perfect squad for Dom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The perfect squad for Dom
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next