Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Empty
PostSubject: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Curious about the use of DSL Vs Cable Vs Fios in here as well as internet equipment setups.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I have Charter cable and pay for 18mgs download and 2mgs upload. Nothing outrageous or anything. I know having a top of the line router as well as having replaced every wire/cable/splitter in my house with high end stuff helps. Ive tried to do anything i could do to avoid interference and keep a stable connection and i physically saw a difference numbers wise after i changed everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
I have Charter cable and pay for 18mgs download and 2mgs upload. Nothing outrageous or anything. I know having a top of the line router as well as having replaced every wire/cable/splitter in my house with high end stuff helps. Ive tried to do anything i could do to avoid interference and keep a stable connection and i physically saw a difference numbers wise after i changed everything.

Good to know. I just did a ping test and it came back clean. I run the PS3 wireless, but thinking about putting it on a cable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:13 pm

I had switched to DSL a year ago pre Black Ops and just switched back to cable, about the same quality as Nixon. I have 4 bars more often than not and it has made a noticeable improvement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

Hardwired will give you the best results hands down. Alot of the time i have my neighbor playing BO wireless off of my connection too and it doesnt slow me down too much. If we are both online its better for both of us to be in the same lobby to avoid any lagging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:34 pm

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) 1403772308

My connection sucks. Just got rid of the faster one that runs 30/3...b/c their service was horrible...and I had not played BO in a couple months. I somewhat regret that decision.

Although I still have 4-5 bars on a regular basis, the ping could be a bit better.

People in some countries like Japan have great broadband speeds. If you would like to be jealous read this: http://www.websiteoptimization.com/bw/0711/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:51 pm

Hardwired with the shortest wires necessary is the best you can do. If your on cable take a wrench and make sure all connections are TIGHT. Finger tight can cause problems.
Slow uploads can be an issue, when you shoot, your uploading that info. When your shot at thats coming via download. Most internet services are built to download. That was what most people do with the internet is download things. The upload side is something that is neglected by many providers. But is crucial in online gaming.

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) 1403834063
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:55 pm

Still prolly not fast enough to beat Nixon. That 1 look sensitivity setting is suspect in my mind...

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) 79446582
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm also wired most of the time. Before I start Blops, I always check my PS3 internet connection speed. Regardless of what my home network runs (30/5) the Sony servers mostly run about 8/1.5-2. Every once in a great, great while, I'll get a good Sony speed check (20/3), but that's really rare and it doesn't help with the lag issues this game has. I'm always wondering to myself "Who are the lucky bastards that have the great server speeds if I'm always lagging?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm

Another thing to keep in mind about the lag is distance between many of us. We have parties that are literally spread from coast to coast. And across seas. I notice a difference when there is a WC host versus an EC host. When you run solo the game will try to keep distance to somewhat of a minimun. But we eff that all up with our parties. In the early evening I have alot of tough games because I am playing with the EC guys mostly. Later once it's most CE and WC guys I can kick some ass. I also notice ECers that were crushing people in the early games are not knocking out the big games like they were earlier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 am

I wish I could have a connection that good. I have AT&T DSL. It's about 4 to 5 mb down and .40 up. That's the fastest I can get around here at this time. Also running wireless. LAG + LAG = LAG

Last edited by usandthem1 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 7:27 am

Good connection or not, Nixon is just a straight up great player so don't expect to beat him! Very Happy

Definitely use hardwired if you can, wireless is great for surfing but for gaming you gotta go wired if you can.

My connection is cable and it's actually really good at the right time of the day. The problem is that I live in a area with more young people so in the evening the network gets clogged with people chewing up bandwidth, likely bittorrents. Somedays it'll be great and I'll even pull host once in awhile....other day I'm ready to go down and choke someone at the cable company.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:46 am

I agree with SnowR1der in that sometimes its tougher to have big games with a mixed lobby. Its just that fraction of a second lag/delay that its hard to over come. Last night i went like 42-7 with 4 bars and next match with almost the same lobby and 3 bars i was like 31-15. My playstyle is slower at 3 bars compared to 4 too. I get more defensive and try to keep the ADS up as much as possible. I even flip flop weapons too with connection. 3 Bars ill run the famas with the higher fire rate to try to compensate for the lag otherwise ill run the gaili if i have 4 bars. I wish i could have the upload speeds some of you guys get. My 18 download is basically plenty but 2 upload is not enough for me. How i host often is beyond me. If i could get sometime like the 8 or so Snow gets id be happier than a pig in shit. Maybe i should call Charter and see if somehow i could upgrade just my upload.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 am

Come the fuck on... Nixon could have a red bar and he would still fuck us all over
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 9:53 am

My connection is hopelessly awful. DSL is the best I can get and it's like 3mbps. If the host is WC, I'm farked. If I get 4 bar connections, I usually have decent games...31-9 or something like that (which would be a bad game for Nixon). My typical game with a WC host is like 18-15 or some other crap.

I wish you could change KS on the fly based on connection. I have been running SP, Napalm, Chopper lately, but getting past a 7KS is impossible with a 3 bar for me.

Living in a rural area is great for almost everything. Lots of wildlife, peace and quiet, tranquil sounds of a forest brook in the evening...but getting a good connection to blops? Not so much.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:24 pm

SN0WR1DER wrote:
Hardwired with the shortest wires necessary is the best you can do. If your on cable take a wrench and make sure all connections are TIGHT. Finger tight can cause problems.
Slow uploads can be an issue, when you shoot, your uploading that info. When your shot at thats coming via download. Most internet services are built to download. That was what most people do with the internet is download things. The upload side is something that is neglected by many providers. But is crucial in online gaming.

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) 1403834063

A ping of 8ms!?!? Wow...I'm so jealous. Is the cable node attached to your house???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:46 pm

I too am jealous of your small ping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 12:48 pm

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) 1404783801

My connection is okay, I could not beat Nixon with the best connection on the planet. I have wireless via Charter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm

Now I think I see why my K/D ratio goes to sh!t when I play with some of you. My Internet just can't keep up. Besides me not being the best player in the world. Like last night I know I put 6 rounds in one guy and he killed the sh!t out of me. This was ground war also. That doesn't help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Yeah I think part of my problem is who the party leader is because I will sometimes have horrible connections but if I back out to play on my own, I usually am able to find pretty good connections overall.

Nothing will beat that one Ground War game a bunch of us got into the other day. Besides the host, both sides played with 2 yellow bars...and a few red almost the entire match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm

CerebusArdvark wrote:

Nothing will beat that one Ground War game a bunch of us got into the other day. Besides the host, both sides played with 2 yellow bars...and a few red almost the entire match.

That did sux0rs!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Wha's the most important factor? Download, upload or Ping? My down is 3, Up is 1 and ping is 24ms. I know that sucks, but just how bad does it suck?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 pm

Ping is the most relevant stat. But these tests can be misleading. They are ping tests to a dedi server. Mine is done to a server 100 miles away, so my ping in that test is great. When I test to an east coast location my ping drops. Speakeasy.net allows you to select the city you wish to test your ping to.

In the game the bars represent ping.

4 full bars = less than 100 ping
3 bars = 100-200 ping
2 bars = 200-300 ping
1 bar = 300+ ping
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 6:09 pm

Unlike SN0WR1DER who has a direct connection into a server switch, for me the ping over the pond to the nearest test location (Vancouver or Bellingham) for me yields around 80ms. Not too many more hops before I go to three bars...

I have a 25/5 connection but obviously that means little.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Just signed up for a new offering from my current cable provider. They've got a special promotion for a 50 down/3 up connection which will wind up being cheaper than my slower connection. Not holding my breath that it will improve things, but a guy can dream!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)   What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of internet connection are you using (or How can I beat Nixon?)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next