Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Back to Karkand for BF3

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Back to Karkand for BF3 Empty
PostSubject: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 pm

Just watch....

I still wonder why I play MW and Blops more when this can be so much more entertaining and team orientated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:16 pm

I've never tried it. It does look like a great game.

Maps look HUGE when compared to COD. Is it campy and boring? I'm so damn impatient if I don't see an enemy within 10 seconds I'm rushing around like a madman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm

Im planning on picking up BF3 after the holiday and giving it a try. Ive played BFBC2 and the BF3 beta so i have a good grasp of the way the game runs. Some things im not a fan of but having dedicated servers is the biggest selling point for me. I would be fun to play as a clan since its more of a team based strategy game. Im not giving up on MW3 but its burning me out quicker than any other COD ive ever played.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 3:38 pm

I downloaded and installed the Karkand patch Tuesday. I have played a little of both BF3 and MW3 in the last couple of days.

I really enjoy BF3... for a while. There are aspects of the game that are just freaking fun, and I read/hear about how MW players will "hate it because it is a TRUE team oriented game that rewards good teamwork". But my experience in the game doesn't support this. I RARELY end up in a game with anyone else rocking a mic, making it nearly impossible to coordinate or cooperate in the game. I have never successfully been able to join a squad of Over30s or end up on the same side even. Lone wolf in this game....sucks.

One annoying bug I have run into multiple times is that I have had the game freeze up (only way to unfreeze is to hold down the power button on my PS3 slim) when firing an AT weapon. It did it in the beta and still does it in the game itself, post Karkand. My disc is completely clean, there is no rhyme nor reason except that it is a shoulder missile firing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Cant team up with clannies? Can anyone esle confirm this?

Thinking of getting this as well for Xmas. MW3= studly only when the Connection God anre smiling on me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:10 am

Winicott1001 wrote:
Cant team up with clannies? Can anyone esle confirm this?

Thinking of getting this as well for Xmas. MW3= studly only when the Connection God anre smiling on me.

The issue is the small x30x Battlefield player base. If any of you remember Castle or Vantassel, they are both on.

And for FBD, you might get that issue of slow action sometimes due to map sizes BUT the ability to spawn on squad mates (or standard spawn locations) helps. You figure you are trying to take a DOM point, rest of the squad gets wiped out and you can run to hide, wait for the squad to all spawn on you and try to take the DOM point again.

It's far from perfect but it's a nice break from "run,kill a guy,get shot from behind,run,kill a guy,get shot from behind etc etc..."

It can also be a blast once you get a few teammates into a tank or something and roam around. And little things like spotting enemies so your whole squad knows where they are and adding suppression fire bonuses that work great with LMG's....the CoD run and gun mentality doesn't usually work so well in Battlefield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:08 am

I look forward to playing with more 30's on BF. I'll be coming back soon, after I finally prestige in MW. I have not had a chance to play that much yet...and I've only got like 16 hrs on BF.

@Carl You can add Aerwam (Jason) to that list of 30's on BF, he played with us on BO for about 2-3 weeks before BF hit the shelves. Not sure if he's on your list or not

He has apparently turned himself into a master of the tank since then...so he may be useful to hook up with in game. He told me he can now be the 3rd man in a tank and shoot rockets...sounds fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:27 pm

Hock says hooking up with teamates is impossible due to party system.

What is your experience Carl? How do you team up?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 12:45 pm

Winicott1001 wrote:
Hock says hooking up with teamates is impossible due to party system.

What is your experience Carl? How do you team up?

I am curious about this too...

I am on the fence about picking up this game in the very near future....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:00 pm

My experience is this.

It will work, just not all the time.

Seems like the game will take it into account that the party wants to be together. However, it says that I'm not going to search for to long on that want.

Example:
So 3 end up over here in a squad...the other 1 ends up on a different squad over here.

It's sort of like it fills up the squads first. So 1 guy was in a squad, 3 more were put in, and the other 1 is now by himself or on another squad.

Makes no fucking sense...why?

Because there are usually empty squad teams of 4 that it could fill up with just your team.

I'm going to have to search the net for any improvements that were made since Nov 8th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 1:51 pm

Switching to BF would definately take some adjustment but it does look to be more stimulating than COD. I'd be willing to give it a shot. BF was my intro to wartime FPS games so I have an idea what I'm getting into, it's just been a while since I played it (BF2142).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Might be something I will be looking into after the first of the year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back to Karkand for BF3   Back to Karkand for BF3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back to Karkand for BF3
Page 1 of 1