Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Soooo Skyrim...

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 9:28 am

I thought I'd start a thread for Skyrim since I know a few of us here play it.

So how are you liking it so far? Well I'll be quite honest at first it started out real slow, then having the dragon glitch at the beginning of the game had me weary, but I read so many good reviews on this game I had to push forward.

What are you playing archetype wise? I'm going to try to strive for a pure mage build but Battle mage is looking pretty damn tempting. Every MMO I've played has almost all been dedicated to pure melee builds and Mage is good for change. I really wish this game had some version of co op so I could play with some clannies.

Getting killed by a trap door was pretty hilarious to, walking around minding my own business than bammm, dead. hah. Overall I'm liking the game but am kinda overwhelmed with all the function. Also would have loved to see a skill bar where I can click powers but I guess thats not how this game goes.

Anyways tell me thoughts on the game and discuss the game.

Vegas
Back to top Go down

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:09 pm

I opened this Xmas morning and am so far enjoying it (having to split my time between MW3 to give the wife a break from the commentator in matches...see my Turtle Beach thread...and I haven't even touch Assassin's Creed Revelations). I've been killed by one random dragon coming out of Bleak Falls Barrow and despite reloadinging and changing strategy a few times I still couldn't kill it so I fast travelled out.

I've also been killed by a Frost Troll b/c it just doesn't seem like my fire spells are doing enough damage. I'm playing as an Argonian b/c I like the mix of the stealth with ocassional melee.

Things I'm not liking:
* nowhere early on to store stuff that I carry...keep getting over-encumbered
* getting gold is hard...the value of reselling weapons is crappy even after smithing to improve them
* the markers on the map...I preferred the Oblivion set up with red, green, & blue....not either white or light blue
* I miss the subtitles when the NPCs are talking to you...b/c I can read faster than they can talk and I'd rather spend my time killing and exploring than talking to some random NPC that has nothing to add to the story (is there a way to turn this one?)

Things I'm liking:
* the leveling up and the perk trees
* lockpicking is improved from Oblivion I think
* the new abilities to craft weapons, armor, items, etc.
* not sure about the Alchemy yet...I did kind of like just making potions whenever but now I have to find a table...

I'm only a few hours in so I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts or advice as well!
Back to top Go down

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:49 pm

OldSchoolNESfan wrote:
I opened this Xmas morning and am so far enjoying it (having to split my time between MW3 to give the wife a break from the commentator in matches...see my Turtle Beach thread...and I haven't even touch Assassin's Creed Revelations). I've been killed by one random dragon coming out of Bleak Falls Barrow and despite reloadinging and changing strategy a few times I still couldn't kill it so I fast travelled out.

I've also been killed by a Frost Troll b/c it just doesn't seem like my fire spells are doing enough damage. I'm playing as an Argonian b/c I like the mix of the stealth with ocassional melee.

Things I'm not liking:
* nowhere early on to store stuff that I carry...keep getting over-encumbered
* getting gold is hard...the value of reselling weapons is crappy even after smithing to improve them
* the markers on the map...I preferred the Oblivion set up with red, green, & blue....not either white or light blue
* I miss the subtitles when the NPCs are talking to you...b/c I can read faster than they can talk and I'd rather spend my time killing and exploring than talking to some random NPC that has nothing to add to the story (is there a way to turn this one?)

Things I'm liking:
* the leveling up and the perk trees
* lockpicking is improved from Oblivion I think
* the new abilities to craft weapons, armor, items, etc.
* not sure about the Alchemy yet...I did kind of like just making potions whenever but now I have to find a table...

I'm only a few hours in so I'd be curious to hear other's thoughts or advice as well!

Thanks for the reply. First off I'd like to say, I'm sure the dragon you are talking about isn't random. It's the first dragon you have to kill. Its by the Western Watchtower right? I died the first time too. Here's what I did tho. Wait until he lands... I had healing on my left hand and frost on the right. I kept healing going nonstop and kept frost on him. He'll rise and fly away eventually but he comes back and lands on the ground rinse and repeat. Also you can buy a house in whiterun, well at least I can at level 4 for a crazy price of 5k gold. Im currently sitting on like 1500. Im loving the game so far but as stated before a bit overwhelmed as this is my first Elder Scrolls game. I dont know how everything works but in time I'm sure Ill get it down. Man I wish we could do some co op Sad
Back to top Go down

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 pm

I have and I kinda shelved it until they could get some of the bugs fixed. It sounds like they have now... Every time I prestige I keep telling my self all right time for a one week skyrim break.

I had a nord warrior class I had going. but acidently saved over it when I wanted to set up a thief and look into what the thieves guild was all about.

I really enjoy the game overall I think in the 15- 20 hours I put in it felt like there was still large chunks of the map I had not yet made it to yet.

@ Ol N.F I think you can turn on the subtitles, I want to say I did that. Also when dungeon crawling you kind of have to look at the gold to weight ratio of all things you pick you up. Armor is never usally worth the weight.

The one thing I really miss from oblivion is the arenna. that was my favorite quest lines.

Over all I really wish it came out over the summer so I wouldent have to make the tough choice.
Back to top Go down

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 7:44 pm

I am playing a thief, but mainly up close and personal with daggers even though I sunk a few points into archery perks.

I'm a Khajiit, and made it look like my sister's cat Pounce, so I named him Pounce. Which is pretty hilarious when you find thugs after you and they're carrying a Bounty for "Pounce" who is a dangerous thief, etc.

I think my sneak stat is maxed out (100) and I'm around Lv 49 now. It's pretty fun to dungeon crawl and one-shot everything with the 15x damage from a backstab perk and the 2x backstab gloves from the Dark Brotherhood quest line (so backstabs while Sneaking do 30x damage). I don't mess much with magic other than Restoration, Alteration and Illusion. An easy way to level magic is to cast stuff while you're travelling when you have it on your favorites so it's easier to switch to.

Also have Smithing 100 + the perks, and I'll get to work on maxing alchemy & enchanting so I can get some nice weapons & armor going. Right now I usually wear Nightingale stuff and the Dark Brotherhood gloves, but I forged a Dragon Scale set with decent enchantments, I have the Thieves Guild armor, etc.

My save is around 9MB and at times it will freeze when loading a new area, so I save frequently (I turned auto-save off).

There's just so much crap to do in this game, plus the Radiant AI quest system so you can pretty much do random quests as long as you want. I haven't finished the Companions quest, the Mage's, the Bard's, Imperial/Stormcloak, the main quests, the Dark Brotherhood. Only one I've finished really is Thieves Guild. I have the Breezehome in Whiterun but also bought & fully furnished the house in Solitude, where I'm currently living with Muiri, the alchemist helper girl from the Hag's Cure in Markath. I accidentally killed my housecarl Lydia from Whiterun about 2 minutes after I got here... and didn't notice for an hour or so... most of the time I roll solo without a helper/companion because they just kind of get in the way plus with me sneaking it doesn't always fit with what I'm trying to do when they suck at sneaking around.

I think there is a Skyrim thread already where Fishboy & I were talking about it a bit along with a few others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soooo Skyrim... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooo Skyrim...   Soooo Skyrim... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soooo Skyrim...
Page 1 of 1