Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Party invites Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Party invites Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Party invites Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Party invites Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Party invites

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:02 pm

I've received several party invites the past few days and when I go to join, I've missed the boat. Sometimes I delay in joining if I'm having a really good game or the game is close and I don't want to ditch the team I'm on. Problem is by the time the game ends, the invite I received is no longer valid.

So my new plan will be this: regardless of the situation, when I receive an invite I will join immediately. I hate missing out on running with clanmates. The only times I will not reply are those where I'm about to stop playing, or the party does not have room for 2 of us as sometimes my son is playing with me.

Please keep those invites coming!
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:09 pm

I learned a long time ago...
If you get an invite, jump on it!!! Usually many more invites than spaces are sent out. If you want in you better move quik. Unless I am having an absurdly awesome game i join immediately. The party system takes a min to join the lobby, so I jump on them very fast to try to get a spot in the party.

Also....don't be afraid to start up another party.. If I see 3+ people rolling solo that means I can build a party of at least 4..And 1 of those guys probably has a friend or 2 thats not on my list. BAM full party!
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:48 pm

I quit a game I was 12-2 in the other day to join a party...yeah, you gotta be quick...
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:10 pm

Learned that lesson too. Hate coming in as #7 person and having people reluctantly say "ground war is okay". It's not. I'd rather run more smaller groups than play that.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:16 pm

And try to avoid playing with randoms if you're trying to party up. When I look at my friends list or the clan list on mw3, I check for two things if I'm trying to get a party going: 1. "at the main menu" in my friends list and 2. "in party" in the clan list. This is usually a good way to find other people who are searching for a party also so I'll send them the invites first. If you jump into a random game I assume your already in a party and I'll ignore you. If I do decide to play a game I'll jump into a lobby and play against a group of 30. A lot of times they'll pick you up afterwards and start ground war.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Ground war is NEVER ok....

/just sayin'
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

deadmyt wrote:
And try to avoid playing with randoms if you're trying to party up. When I look at my friends list or the clan list on mw3, I check for two things if I'm trying to get a party going: 1. "at the main menu" in my friends list and 2. "in party" in the clan list. This is usually a good way to find other people who are searching for a party also so I'll send them the invites first. If you jump into a random game I assume your already in a party and I'll ignore you. If I do decide to play a game I'll jump into a lobby and play against a group of 30. A lot of times they'll pick you up afterwards and start ground war.

This works well for me too. If I haven't played with them before I put on my elite clan tag, can't fake that. 1 of 2 things happen. 1, I get told they are full and I move on. 2, they back out and I get an invite. When I move on I'm kept in mind when 1 of 6 has to go.

PS I'm a new guy, joined 2 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 pm

Its true... More then once I have cursed dead erics name when he joins the other team. I always jump at invites. I woould guess a good 1/4 of my loss's have come from that but it is always worth it. I have tried latly to be more proactive about starting partys and will continue to send out mass invites , espieslly the 50 or so roster 2 breatren I have yet to play a game with.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:18 pm

btw...if when in a game and you get an invite you can join without taking an auto loss. If you press start, pull up the invite and join from in game you will get the result of the game on your record...
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 9:54 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
Its true... More then once I have cursed dead erics name when he joins the other team.

Thanks man, that's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:07 am

Either be quick or start a new party.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:16 pm

hoffyguns wrote:
btw...if when in a game and you get an invite you can join without taking an auto loss. If you press start, pull up the invite and join from in game you will get the result of the game on your record...

Really? Didn't know that... +1 for the knowledge Hoffy
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Recently I have been just hopping on for a few rounds at a time. Sorry if I have been ignoring unvites. Don't like getting in a party just to leave after a game or two. Next week schedule returns to normal. Look forward to accepting invites again. Let's get some win streaks going fellas!
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:39 pm

I think the whole invite thing (accept/ignore) is worthy of a sticky. I believe there are threads about getting into games for new guys, but it bears repeating for all.

Common theories abound, but suffice it to say there are different opinions on the invite/party process, and valid points to each. Perhaps a Mod could add some sort of helpful tips sticky thread for the uninformed.

Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 pm

I've sent all the new guys invites that I put on my Friends list from the thread I created. And Ill be honest here I feel like I wasted my time. I've invited everyone on that list to at least an all OG party to try to get people more involved with people that start lobbies to get you guys in the mix and every invite I sent out save Kamea6 got ignored, so I wont be doing that again. I tried, and I failed. So im done with that. Let the hate come in.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Atleast I'm not the time only 1 that tried.We've got the option of having up to 200 people that we can look if they are online or not, but yet we still can't get a mix going.
Back to top Go down
miggilly

miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 6:51 pm

When I said I had been ignoring, I should have said not accepting. I always reply with a "thanks, but....." Something message. Let's everyone no you would if you could. Courtesy people, its not that hard to figure out
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 8:27 pm

I've not really had a hard time lately finding ppl to play some clan games with...

Of course I've been over in BF3 land...what the hell is going on over there??? Do I need to come back there and start giving out hugs???

*Manic may get angry though...steppin on his turf...
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:24 am

Lol I've never had a problem getting into parties, I got Savvy to thank for that, for getting me mixed in with the regulars very early on. Thats all I was trying to do. Show the 30 love just like he did for me.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:25 am

Kagan...as long as I get to watch then I'm pleased as punch
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:43 am

JxVegas702 wrote:
I've sent all the new guys invites that I put on my Friends list from the thread I created. And Ill be honest here I feel like I wasted my time. I've invited everyone on that list to at least an all OG party to try to get people more involved with people that start lobbies to get you guys in the mix and every invite I sent out save Kamea6 got ignored, so I wont be doing that again. I tried, and I failed. So im done with that. Let the hate come in.

I wonder if this is from people not knowing that you can leave a game to join an invite?

If no reply too many times I delete people. I will gladly add you if I have room, but if you dont want to play with me I have no problem with that and will make room for others.

Sorry this did nto work out Vegas. I like the idea.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:56 am

I try and jump over when I get an invite. Sometimes I may not see it or I may just be on a hot streak in the current game. It's never anything personal, would always rather play with the clan.
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm

I try to respond to all invites, if I am in a middle of a game I can forget, when I signed on last night 3 full parties going on started my on and had a full team in 5 minutes , don't be shy to start a new party and invite people playing solo. Nobody wants to play solo when they don't have too
Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I tried to start up a party earlier today and could not. Would that be due to my NAT type being "moderate?" If so, is there a way to change it to "open" in a manner that does not jeopardize network security?

Back to top Go down

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:24 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:
I've sent all the new guys invites that I put on my Friends list from the thread I created. And Ill be honest here I feel like I wasted my time. I've invited everyone on that list to at least an all OG party to try to get people more involved with people that start lobbies to get you guys in the mix and every invite I sent out save Kamea6 got ignored,

I got the friend request but have not had the chance to play with you yet vegas. Look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Party invites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Party invites   Party invites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Party invites
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next