Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Am I Doing Something Wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:14 pm

I bought BF3, played it some... and honestly I hate it... I'm tempted to microwave the disk just to see the pretty light show they give. If someone can give me some tips on how to get better I'd appreciate it. I played all TDM using Assault... on PS3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:19 pm

MawnsterTard wrote:

Am I doing something wrong?
simple answer ...yes, your playing BF3 lol!

BFBC2 was nothing but a coaster with a hole in it for me......
Which is why even as awesome as BF3 looked I resisted the temptation to buy it...
It just does not feel as fun to play and I get tired of it within an hour....CODs I can play like I have OCD...

I would suggest playing the conquest (i think) mode. Whatever is the domination like game.
As the the opposition should be easier to anticipate when they are moving on objectives.
TDM is a random type game..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:01 pm

I never played team death match, But I really couldent see that TDM being that fun in BF3. When I had it I only played ....... Ca't remeber the name but the one where you have to take the m-com stations then swap and defend them. It can be a marthon with matchs lasting a half hour+ But I usally had a good time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:06 am

@Sith...the games name is Rush.

@Tard...try to slow down. Anticipate where people are going to be. You can only do this after you learn the maps, which everyone else already know, so this is going to take some patience.

19hrs on that game and I sometimes still don't know where I'm at, but I'm starting to learn the points where I should avoid. It will get a lot better when you hook up with some of us in game, actual teamwork works wonders.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Playing with randoms on BF3 sucks. Working in a 4 man squad is a blast. Move slow, use an engineer class and stick to vehicles and laying mines. Assault class/TDM is about the worst possible combo to try and learn the game with. Stick to conquest (like domination) and stay close to your squad. move slow, use cover. If you rush, you will DIE!. dismount and move a little ways behind vehicles. You will be able to pick off the enemy engineers as they rush out with their RPG's trying to kill the tank/IFV, plus repair the vehicles for the crew.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:57 am

Mawnster- TDM? I have not even tried it. Big maps with no point to take? Frustrating!

Conquest is Domination. Rush is also an objective based game. Use these to learn the maps. Also you know where to go to find people to shoot. In TDM I bet they are hiding in every corner waiting for you to run by...

I think Engineer is a great class to learn the game with. You get a launcher to noob tube people/vehicles. In short order you also get Anti Tank mines wich will get you multiple kills a match when you learn where to place them.

On small maps assault is a great class to learn and generate XP. Throw down the med kit and get 20-30 XP per heal. On bigger maps I ont like assault as well since it is harder to stick with a crew to revive them and heal them.

If you stand in the street you will die every time. Every time.

If you run around you will die a lot.

Jump in a tank/LAV as the gunner. Let someone else drive since the vehicle learning curve is significant IMHO. Even if you dont kill the bad guy you get suppression assist points.

Send me a FR so we can group up. Playing with multiple clan mates improves everything a great deal. Call outs, ammo requests, revives all work better in a group. Crossfire and I held the deli counter in Metro for a good chunk of time. I revived/healed him while he killed things. I ended up as MVP due to high XP from in squad healing. Would not have been possible with randumbs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 am

Wini, you're full time BF3 now? I feel like we've broken up. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:12 am

We are not broken up, I am just seeing other people. Cool

With your sneaky playstyle you would do great in BF3.

*Sigh* I have more fun playing BF3 that MW3 for sure. The playstyle is slower than BO. Teamwork is paramount. Tactics are key. What player running what class matters. Anderson, N8 & I had some of the most intense (in a fun way) gaming defending a position before the new year. We lost the point eventaully after being overwhelmed, but we took out multiple armor units and worked as a group eliminating infantry as they approached. Once we were out of ammo and it was 2 tanks and 4 infantry we lost the position.

The reasons I joined a clan was to play a game like this one. I think BO approached this. MW3 misses the mark for me.

The good news is BF3 has improved my MW3 playing. I think I need to figure out a way to play MW3 more since that is where all my other friends are. I have 18 hours of ddbl xp sitting in my account that need to be used. Also there are times when I want to play a game like MW3.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?   Am I Doing Something Wrong? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I Doing Something Wrong?
Page 1 of 1