Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

MAVs for spotting

Go down 
AuthorMessage

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 pm

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624823532788/

Perhaps more Recon would help our squads.

"Anyway I throw in my two cents regarding MAVs. Up until about 3 weeks ago I had been using exclusively the TUGS which I'm not sure people are aware of can be picked back up and re-positioned. Now coming from BFBC2 using the sensors that were on a timer was a money upgrade. So I didn't see the use in the MAVs or really understand the value of them especially for RUSH but for any match.

Now I have to give credit to someone that I happened to run with brought this to my attention how powerful these can be and that any good squad has eyes in the sky at all time. Its an absolute tactical advantage that 9/10 is the difference between a loss or a win. I have joined matches that were already in progress and within minutes of joining helped turn the game. Now for anyone that runs in a organized platoon/squad with comms this is most likely old news but for those of you like me that run solo most of the time with PUGS I never realized how valuable these can be.

Depending on the map I will position in a hidden place instead of driving it around which will allow me to run and kill folks while taking an objective. Tanks make great places to hide MAVs when they destroy parts of buildings that no one can get to but open up a room that I can land and hide from other MAVs.

MAVs also can target other MAVs, Respan beacons(forget official name), TUGS and destroy them. So if there is another MAV taking out theirs is your first priority if possible. This I have found can be a problem were there is a low ceiling on the map (aka no helo/planes) If their MAV is at max altitude you can not target them since your aim is just slightly below horizontal."
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 3:02 pm

I agree they are an underused, powerful tool.. If I plan on actually using them (flying them around) I'll typically spawn as support.. toss some ammo.. off myself.. then spawn as recon. Easy way to make sure you have another if it gets shot down. You can get a ton of points for nothing and make sure your team always knows where the enemy is.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 pm

FYI...Javelin's lock onto MAV's. They are worth taking out, but are only worth 20 points and one of your precious rockets will have been used on something other than a large target that is at least worth 50.

Thought I'd share...
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 pm

I hate those damn flying insects, this guy killed me 3 times in a row with that damn thing and I could do nothing to kill it. I still have not unlocked that gizmo, but I would love to get 20pt for every javeline. The other night I sent 5 towards a tank and still did not kill it, I never even got a disable or anything.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:26 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
I hate those damn flying insects, this guy killed me 3 times in a row with that damn thing and I could do nothing to kill it. I still have not unlocked that gizmo, but I would love to get 20pt for every javeline. The other night I sent 5 towards a tank and still did not kill it, I never even got a disable or anything.

Played SQDM today at lunch and saw someone use their MAV to push my squade mate off the roof. Then when I was setting up a shot with my sniper I was crushed by the same MAV. BS if you ask me that you can kill people with it. I do like the idea of using them as how they were intended...

Good to know about the javelin vs. MAV. Well worth the rocket, esp in SQDM where they are flying all over the place and up to no good.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 pm

I'm just a few rounds of Recon away from the MAV. I think the personal elevator and death by MAV issues should be patched.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:33 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
I think the personal elevator and death by MAV issues should be patched.

LOL Also saw another guy throw out his MAV and then immediately get on it and fly to the roof of the building next to us...
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Tehran Highway is one of the worst as well. Take MAV up, set Spawn Beacon, snipe, get killed, repeat. Even when I do very well (sniping), I never finish in the top half of the game unless the points are immediately capped and held by our team.

Snipers are necessary, but IMHO, no more than 2 people on an 12 man team should be sniping.

Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Tehran highways is where I gained the MAV knowledge...yes that place is a problem. Once I started with Recon, and set to looking for the snipers the damn game ended...I wanted revenge. Sad

Nice sig Erik...I'm not going for one to match...my stats suck.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I was wondering how those A-hole were getting up on the overpasses. Thanks for the heads up. Sitting up high in the air will always lose the game for you because in Conquest you have to have boots on the ground in order to capture the objective.
Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 5:37 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I was wondering how those A-hole were getting up on the overpasses. Thanks for the heads up. Sitting up high in the air will always lose the game for you because in Conquest you have to have boots on the ground in order to capture the objective.

Agreed, and after we cap the points and get killed, we counter-snipe. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAVs for spotting Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAVs for spotting   MAVs for spotting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MAVs for spotting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Battlefield-
Jump to: