Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Empty
PostSubject: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 12:15 am

Hey everyone. So my BlueAnt Q1 died earlier this week (the speaker fell out b/c the earpiece broke). The mic still worked but I couldn't wear it. So I was using my wife's until I got a new one, also used for my phone. In between this my PS3 did this thing where the fan went into hyperdrive when I turned it on, then the system shut off, and the red light was blinking. I understand this is a precursor for system death.

So I got a new BlueAnt Q2 and tried it tonight (sorry to NCFishboy, SpiderPlant, and BigDee plus whoever else joined us as they couldn't hear me but we still kicked butt....especially against those Striker douches on Carbon). I paired it like normal, registered the device on the PS3 XMB which it found the device and then the blue dot showed it was connected. The headset itself said it was connected but I had no audio. I went back to the Q1 and it also didn't work. Anyoen got any ideas?? I hate playing and not being able to communicate.

I've led this into a precursor with the wife that something along the line of a set of Turtle Beaches would make a perfect V-day gift... So if I get a set with a wire, I shouldn't have any issues I'm guessing but I'd worry that a wireless headset may have a similar issue. Thanks guys and goodnight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:08 am

When I used to use a BT, I would on occasion have to disconnect and reconnect the BT, then adjust the volume up or down on the settings screen. I found this is also a way to check if your mic is working and connected.
If it is truely connected you should see your voice reflected on screen in the bar graphs. I ran mine at level 3 so that the mic does not pick up as much ambient noise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

No problem bro. We all have technical problems from time to time. I don't think we lost a match all night. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:38 pm

Go into settings and under accessories disconnect and then reconnect from the menu. Then go back and make sure input and output devices are set for your bt. As sno noted you'll see your voice indicated on the screen if it's working. Also be sure you didn't accidentally mute your mic. I've done that already. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Already tried resetting the bluetooth and re-pairing. Also turned it off, turned off the PS3, turned it back on and connected. Said it was connected but no little speaker/mic emblem next to my name like everyone else Sad I contacted the company but still waiting to hear...can't find anything about a firmware update on their website.

Thanks Spider. Yeah, we owned those matches last night. I left b/c I had to go and somehow I didn't extend my win streak....I thought we had played more than 12 matches. Hope I'll be back on this afternoon/evening with working mic or not.

And thanks FBD...I did the disconnect/reconnect thing but I'll have to go check the input/output device settings. Hopefully that will work!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 1:48 pm

All the more reason to get mrs old school to buy you the new cans!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:44 pm

You need to do some system maintence becuase of the hyperdrive cooling fans kicking in. If you are adventurous you can disassemble your PS3 and clean all the lint, cat hair, dried toenail clippings and other various assorted junk from it. If you are handy at all with electronics you can really get into it and replace the thermal compound. If not at least open it part way (assuming it is over 1 yr old so as not to void the warrenty) and blow out the vents with compressed air as much as possible to let it breath. there are some good walkthroughs in the technical help section of this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 2:52 pm

make sure the new device is selected as input & output

XMB, Settings, Accessory Settings, Audio Device Settings

Input Device
Output Device

that fixed my problem

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/audiodevice.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:36 pm

+1 to FBD & Dead_Eric for the solution! thanks!! BigDaddyN8....I'm a vet b/c I suck with electronics....I used to be smart with computers and then I started taking chemistry, biology, and anatomy. I can repair a cat or dog way easier than dismantling and rebuilding a computer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2   Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bluetooth headset not working, BlueAnt Q2
Page 1 of 1