Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3 for OB

Go down 
AuthorMessage

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:13 pm

OBXJ wrote:
I miss the guys at BF3 but I suck so bad at the game, I hate playing it. Im not sure what im doing wrong but I just cant get the hang of the actually killing other people part.

Wanted to post here so I did not hijack Fireman's thread.

Getting kills I think is harder at first. The guns act differently. More recoil. Sights obstruct more of your view. Hitmarkers are harder to see IMHO. There is also a small delay between the last bullet kills them and when you get the indicator which is confusing as well.

So this is what I do. I am no superstar. My SPM is around 255 which is not horrible, but it is mainly due to revives, vehicle disables, spotting bonus, healing, resupply points. My KDR is .89 I think.

Run Engineer all day long. Run Engineer and kill tanks and jeeps and LAV's. The reason why?
1)Shooting at vehicles is easier since they are bigger and they move slower.

2) Blowing up vehicles gets you kills since the guys inside will die.

3) Using AT Mines is the bomb. If you put 2 mines next to each other one will disable and the second will blow up the vehicle. Triple and double kills abound when you do this. On Conquest the vehicle routes are predictable so you get big time fun kills.

4) If you do damage to the vehicle people will bail and run from it or attempt to fix it. They are in the open with no cover. Easier kills. Engineers using the repair tool are easy kills. since they are not looking around at all. This teahes you how to shoot since you are in situations where you are less likely to be in a head to head gunfight against someone with more XP than you and is likely a better shot.

5) The rifles are carbines, so they dont have the power of the assault, but the recoil is less. I think they are easier to keep on target. In Close to medium range fights I am not sure if there is a big differance in killing power. At longer ranges there is a lot of bullet drop. You can see how far they drop by the little white dot moving in a downward arc at it moves away. Aim High and Tap.

6) Most rifles have a semi setting. Hit Down on D pad and tap it for longer ranges.

7)Hide a lot. I creep all the time. Stay in cover and lurk. Running in this game gets you killed like no other.

Cool Dont be afraid to hipfire.

Support:
If you use this set up be sure to lay down and use the bi-pod as it greatly reduces the recoil. Standing and aiming is just crazy. The gun is all over the place.

Maybe you already knew all of this stuff Question

For me the fun of this game is the healing, resupply, spotting and vehicle killing. Most of these things can be done without shooting anyone.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 pm

I think I might gamefly this and pay the extra 10 to try it ou,t just to play with nate and wini, and if I like it Ill buy it if not oh well ten bucks isnt that much in the first place.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:36 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:
I think I might gamefly this and pay the extra 10 to try it ou,t just to play with nate and wini, and if I like it Ill buy it if not oh well ten bucks isnt that much in the first place.

Rock on. We would love to have you, especially since you are good at shooting things. I think the gunfights can be a barrier to people since they feel way different.

Keep in mind N8 and I have fun, but are pretty noobish. His superior tactical knowledge is sometimes not put to the best use since his teamates are not always able to execute Smile. He did teach me about a L shaped Ambush which I was able to replicate on another map to great effect. The good news is you learn how to use the spawn screen really well Smile

It is hard to beat the times when we are all working as a group defeading a flag and get kills and defends due to good callouts and teamwork that at times make up for our lack of skill.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 12:47 pm

I've yet to play with Wini. Got in with Anderson, Kagan and Nathan.

You could also level up quite well using the Assault (medic with an assault rifle) and never even get a kill. Simply playing Conquest (domination) or Rush (demolition with 1 team attacking, 1 team defending), dropping heal packs which you gain exp when team-mates heal and reviving (worth as much as 1 kill) and playing objectives.....the sentence seems unfinished somehow.

If you miss the chaotic nature of MW3, you can tackle some TDM which shrinks the maps and seems to have quite brutal respawn locations. TDM is a great way to level up though and gain weapon attachments as the gazillion attachments are unlocked based upon number of kills with each weapon.

I havn't even gotten into vehicles, leveling up vehicles and gaining additional equipment slots for said vehicles.

Nothing like capping a flag while the pilot hovers in the air above it and a few guys inside the chopper are watching (and shooting) enemies.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:10 pm

I found that running Assault got me the Famas quickly (Thanks for the tip Carl!).

OB, BF3 takes a mindset shift. I went way "negative" playing with randumbs, but since playing with the 30s, have started to dig out. I even had a 15-5 game the other night. Most games we're working together as a squad puts everyone in the top half of the scoreboard if not higher.

Wini hit the highpoints, and I'll add that C4 is the bomb, no pun intended. Place two blocks on a tank, run, hit the clicker twice and enjoy the windfall. Do it near a flag and not only do you get a vehicle immobilization pts, vehicle destruction pts, and the kill pts, but you'll also get flag defense bonuses. Each time I think I got somewhere around 450-600 pts.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:18 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:

Be prepared to pay the 10$ online multiplayer code to get onto the multiplayer if you rent it. It comes with the game new, but used copies and rental copies do not have it. It is EA's way of preventing resales without getting a little cut of the pie. DO NOT bother with purchasing a used copy. If you can get a limited edition copy for new it is worth it. By the time you pay the 10$ for the multiplayer and the $15 for the Karkand map DLC with a used copy you could have bought a new copy and had lunch money left over. Come play this game. IT IS AWESOME.

Like MW3 playing with randoms suck. Always stick to your squad, use the shadows/cover/concealment at all times. BF3 rewards strategy, not eyesight and reflexes. Big reason why it is not populated with little shits. Pick a class and work hard at leveling it. I find the engineer is best to start with. I took to tanks very quickly and seem to have a knack for using them. Anderson and I destroyed in a tank last night. Good times.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:28 pm

And a note...the Back to Karkand DLC is worth it.

Game has 8 maps, the DLC adds 4 more. Pretty big increase.

DLC also has 10 additional weapons (2 for each kit and 2 for all kits) that are unlocked during play.

That means either the regular BF3 + pay for DLC or see if you can find a new Limited Edition BF3 that gives you the Back to Karkand DLC for free.

Best single kill score I got was over 900 I think with Tema and his brother last week. Operation Firestorm B flag, enemy jeep with 3 guys in and I launch a rocket at it. Blows up, kills all 3 guys and I got those extra defense points for each kill as well, plus some suicide bonus as I was too close. Epic death.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:59 pm

So what time can I join in. Got SICK of MW3 for the one zillionth time last night and almost threw it out the window, but it was raining and I didn't want to get wet.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 pm

I am on @ 8:30PST so 11:30 your time. I tend to get on at the tail end with Wini, Crossfire, anderson are just getting off. Sucks. Someone needs to invent a machine that warps the space/time coninuem so we can all get on at the same time.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 pm

NCFishboy wrote:
So what time can I join in. Got SICK of MW3 for the one zillionth time last night and almost threw it out the window, but it was raining and I didn't want to get wet.

Fish, start when ever. We would love to have you.

I shoot to start 10 pm EST. I am able to consistantly play with Nate and Crossfire at those hours.

Anderson plays earlier I think. He is up late this week since his wife and kids have been sold to the highest bidder/ on vacation or something. In any case good luck getting him off Lego Star Wars.

I agree with Carl about the maps. They are at least as interesting or mroe so than the main maps.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 4:15 pm

If I'm on it's usually around 8pm e.s.t.

I can usually find a few other friends playing at that time including Anderson and Kagan. I've sometimes caught Nathan as well.

You remember Castle(plus bunch of numbers) Fish? He was in the clan originally and he plays BF3 on a regular basis as well.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 pm

I was torn when the game first came out. There is definite fun to be had in the game that you just don;t get in COD games.

I will admit to getting pissed off the last time I played BF3.... there is(was?) a pretty reproducible bug where I would fire an AT get a hit on the tank reload and fire again and the second fire would lock my system up so hard I had to unplug is from the wall. I lost all my progress from the hour or so in the game.

It's funny, I was one of the first to get it and could only manage a few games with Kagan before MW3 came out. I need to get back into it with Over30's so I can finally earn some of the fun weapons (10K away from the mortar). I have in-laws at our house for the next week and change, so my online time will be SEVERELY cramped. I may try to jump onto BF3 late tonight to see if you guys are on.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 5:14 pm

sounds good. I was wondering where our fearless leader of the over30 BF3 platoon has been at.
Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:02 pm

hockalees wrote:
I was torn when the game first came out. There is definite fun to be had in the game that you just don;t get in COD games.

I will admit to getting pissed off the last time I played BF3.... there is(was?) a pretty reproducible bug where I would fire an AT get a hit on the tank reload and fire again and the second fire would lock my system up so hard I had to unplug is from the wall. I lost all my progress from the hour or so in the game.

It's funny, I was one of the first to get it and could only manage a few games with Kagan before MW3 came out. I need to get back into it with Over30's so I can finally earn some of the fun weapons (10K away from the mortar). I have in-laws at our house for the next week and change, so my online time will be SEVERELY cramped. I may try to jump onto BF3 late tonight to see if you guys are on.

That's right. We have a co-op to finish. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 for OB Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 for OB   BF3 for OB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 for OB
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Battlefield-
Jump to: