Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Thanks for being patient.

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Thanks for being patient. Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 9:26 am

Love you guys, well in a manly non sexual way that is. So as the few people I played with last night on BF3 will attest I was a little pissy. I know crap about the game and if your just running around with randumbs its fine, but I want to learn a little more about the game and improve. Well I SUCK! Sorry for the constant "Where the F is that guy or I just want to see someone before I get shot". Well TDM is not my game I couldn't kill anyone or do anything, thank god for the medic kit or the ammo kit. Well I started to play conquest "DOM", well I still suck at that game. Hey there goes fish and he is running around with an rpg (ubber noob). I finally found some lmg I could actually kill a couple of people with and drop ammo for people. Got to ride in a tank and some apc thing and got lots of points (thanks to whoever was driving) and a couple of kills to boot. Ended the night feeling much better than I started (MW3 lasted 2-3 minutes with 2 clannies and 3 randumbs).

Thanks again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 10:01 am

No problem. In retrospect, Conquest may be a better game type to become more familiar with controls and maps since it's slower paced than TDM. TDM is a bit faster and while can get you more kills (which leads to leveling up guns faster), getting killed quickly may add to the frustration level.

I recommend you stick with it, I find BF3 to be a game with much more depth and long term playability than MW3. Hell if you are starting to go positive after only 4-6 hours of play, you are doing well!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:29 am

Fish, No worries! The game has a learning curve for sure. Finding people is one thing and then killing them is a whole another thing. Lord knows as I was trying to show you some things and then went negative. For the games I was in with you I think you finished better than I did.

I agree with anderson on both of his points. BF3 is a more involved game with more to learn and more to do.

TDM in this game I imagine is a camp fest. Conquest is slower than Rush (the other objective game) and a good way to learn where everything is.

I also wonder if there is something to playing one map for the night, especially if we have some new people.

I am lvl 25 I think and I still cant drive a tank. Ride along with Nate or Crosfire. They both do well. It is a great way to open and unlock weapons since you are advancing your class XP, but dont have to run around with the opeing level guns and attachments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:21 pm

So I unlocked the defib to revive people and one of the assignments is to heal 10 people (done) and revive people. So when I equip the defib as gear or whatever it is called how do you actually revive people?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Hit the D pad (right I think. If not, it's left).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Anderson described how to switch to it.

On your radar look for the Circles with lightening Bolts throught them. Those are the guys who just recently were killed. Also look for Guys with Skull and crossbones over them as well. Those guys are almost ready to respawn. This is how you know who can be revived.

There is a little white dot. That is the 'healing reticle'. Get real close and put it over your downed squadmate. Hit the trigger button (R1) like you are shooting them.

*ZAP*

Revive. 100 XP. 110 (maybe 120?) if it is a squad mate.

I enjoy how it is worth the same as a kill. Revive will 'undo' a kill, meaning if you revive people you do not lose a respawn ticket.

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 8:17 pm

I've played a few TDM's on this, and as I recall maps like the docks were boxed off and much smaller so the camp fest is no so prevalent.

If the guy, whom you have shot gets revived, I think you still keep the points.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 10:53 am

After 1 weekend of playing with him, Fish has already got the feel and no longer finishing at the bottom of the rankings!

I tried to avoid laughing in 1 game I played with him where he kept dying and saying he had still yet to see a single enemy. Map was that one in the city with the river and B flag that sits on a boat.

Now he is kicking much ass and hopefully enjoying himself!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:43 am

I am glad fish was patient and is killing it now. BF3 has a much larger learning curve because it is so much more involved. Hell, I have been playing since Christmas and I still get confused as to where the hell am I when I spawn. The maps are that damn big. Learning MW3 consisted of:
1. learn the (in my opinion small) maps
2. figure out where the flags are
3. determine where the campers sit
4. rush out and run and gun in a duel style contest that depends on reflex/eyesight/lag

I do know that MW3 is more in depth than that, but it is how I feel about the game.

BF3 has huge maps to learn, tons of weapons to master with realistic recoil and engagment patterns, vehicles to learn, and rewards the strategy over reflex/exyesight/lag. It will, I repeat WILL, take you a much longer time to learn the weapons, strategies, flow of the game than MW3. I feel it is more rewarding in the long run though. I have been sticking solely to Conquest (DOM) because it is a much slower pace. The BF3 TDM has no vehicles, smaller maps, and is much faster/more chaotic so it is tougher to learn on, but you can level up your weapons faster.

Bottom line is, if you do want to try BF3 be prepared to get your ass kicked repeatedly for the first few days, don't expect to earn a lot of points as you learn the feel of the game, and have patience. It will come and one game it will click and you will say "Holy Shit! I kicked ass and had a great game, I think I found a combo I will stick with and level up."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Yup lots harder to get a hang of but O SOO Cool of a game. I still get lost a lot but once you get the at mines use them. Holly crap lay 3 diagnoly across the road and gets you doubles, triples, vehicle dissable, vehicle destroy, flag defends, and thats just for 1 or 2 going off, gotta love those little sandrails, they blow up soo nice.

Throw tons of ammo and health bags = lots of points, ride as a gunner with someone that knows how to drive = lots of points. I love finding someone that is good with the attack chopper and I can be the gunner (tons of fun).

I think it took me 6 hours of game play to feel kinda good about the game then by 10 hours I was really having fun. Still not sure how I can get snipe and die in one hit and it takes me 2-3 hits to kill anyone.

I tried to play rush to get the plants for the assignment and got my ass handed to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Happy that you're enjoying yourself Jeff. Spread the word and the infection. I need more peeps to play BF3 with...

I had the same problem with the sniper rifles. Tried out the SKS for a while, then I realized why I was not getting the kills, it's a 7.62x39 which is the same as the AK. So the hit-markers are of course going to be the same...maybe it's just my shitty accuracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 8:24 am

Rush can be a bit more chaotic.

The nice thing I like about Rush is that there is no spawn trapping unlike in Conquest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 am

Fish is good at this game. last time we played he was top half of board and getting buckets of kills. Glad you are liking it Fish and we are glad to have you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 am

I played a few hours of BFBC2 yesterday and even with randumbs had a ton of fun so im really considering picking up this game. I used to play all rush but tried some conquest and it was more my style. Only thing im worried about is how far behind on map knowledge/loadouts i would be compared to everyone else. I bought BFBC2 like 6 months after it came out and i got destroyed for weeks since i was so far behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:17 am

What? Say it isn't so! Wini, N8, Anderson, now Fish, Nixon...I feel like the band is breaking up! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:25 am

We are really starting to work well together and are now usually in the top half of the leaderboard for either team and are earning Ace Squad ribbons each game (basically extra experience for being the top overall scoring squad).

Really starting to have fun as more of us play together.

As I usually run Assault (with heal packs and defibrillator) I am a healing and reviving machine sometimes. Brings me back to my days following around Turp and saving his Second Chance ass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:27 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
What? Say it isn't so! Wini, N8, Anderson, now Fish, Nixon...I feel like the band is breaking up! Crying or Very sad

No breaking up, it's just a game with TRUE teamwork. We've always communicated well in CoD games for callouts and such but that's about where the teamwork really ends in CoD. Battlefield 3 offers much more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 am

i bought it before christmas and Im still learning the maps.

and I still dont understand why you have to be in a game in order to quit that lobby Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:29 am

The band isn't breaking up FBD. It's just moved venues. BF3 has been the after work stress relief I need as compared to MW3. I was one of the first ones who swore I would never buy BF3 becuase I didn't have time to play both and felt that BF3 was crap based on previous EA/Dice games. I am glad I purchased it because BF3 is a different animal. Their version of Dom is so much smoother and better. Never any random spawns, no penalty for triple capping, never any lag because of dedicated servers, and playstyles abound. You can snipe, flank, rush, assault, support, drive vehicles, choppers, jets, gun.

My favorite playstyle is setting up ambushes and interdicting the incoming forces that are heading to our flags. Strategy is rewarded. The game moves slower and I like that. If you want Chaos/pure rushing with no vehicles than you can play TDM. I prefer Conquest (DOM). The best part there are no kill streaks so you don't get retarded boosters unleashing high end kill streaks. And for you my friend there is no pedophiles running second chance.

I haven't given up on MW3, but damn I sure am having fun playing BF3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 am

Yea, what N8 said. I had no idea there could be a game 12 on 12 mind you, with NO lag. Wow what a great idea, yes there are still some things to hate about the game but + far outweigh the - in this game. For the striker fans out there just grab the Urass with the frag shells (usas), bout the only gun I hate to come up against in this game by the way. I am in love with the at mines for conquest, love all the points they bring you.

I was also one that swore I would never buy BF3 because I hated BFBC2 but this is a lot better, higher learning curve, getting you ass kicked for 8hrs is tough but now more games than not I am loving it. If I try to force myself to do something for an assignment I will have crap games, but if you adjust to the opfor and work as a team its great. Yes the randumbs are still stupid but thats ok, just run around dropping ammo or medic kits. I will say that squad death match is tough with randumbs. 4 teams of 4 all shooting at each other, maddness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

I still need 4 more Squad Deathmatch wins to unlock that last Assault rifle Sad
And somehow manage to destroy an enemy vehicle with my repair torch for that last Engineer gun...sigh.

We should give some Rush a go sometime though so we don't get stuck on Dom,Dom and more Dom.

All the shotguns are actually decent without being too overpowered except the USAS with the unlocked frag rounds (lots of nerf requests on the official forums for that one) and the LMG's (if you run the Support class) are actually worth using.

I think what most of us enjoy about Battlefield is that MOST (not all) the things we bitch, whine and complain about in MW3 do not exist in BF3.
-crappy spawns ...you control where you spawn in BF3. At a set point or on a squad-mate
-lag ... lag is a very, very rare thing in BF3
-quick scoping ... doesn't work
-hit detection ... good in BF3
-run around like a retard with machine pistols ... will get you killed in BF3
-aim assist ... doesn't exist (or work as it does in MW3)
-knifing ... only a 1 hit kill from behind an enemy in BF3 where you slit their throat
-weapon variation ... the weapons in BF3 actually all feel kind of different, not just clones

Only annoying things I can think of in BF3 right now are
-have to wait for next game to load to quit out to main menu
-chat still kind of blows goats, but better than it was at launch time
-joining a game with a squad sometimes splits up the group even on other team. Not the end of the world as you can swap sides and then all join together in a squad, except stupidly if both teams have the max 12 players. Have to wait till next game to switch sides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:25 pm

I vote that we work on the SDM matches as a team so that we can all knock them out for the unlocks. Tonight (Tuesday) will be my last unregulated night of BF3 play since the family comes home tomorrow night (Wednesday). I'll still be playing, but it won't be for 4-6 hour stretches to level up Smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Wait for me wait for me!!! I need SQDM matches as well! I was reading in the BF forums that it is a hard game win when in with randoms.

CrazyNixon7 wrote:
I played a few hours of BFBC2 yesterday and even with randumbs had a ton of fun so im really considering picking up this game. I used to play all rush but tried some conquest and it was more my style. Only thing im worried about is how far behind on map knowledge/loadouts i would be compared to everyone else. I bought BFBC2 like 6 months after it came out and i got destroyed for weeks since i was so far behind.

Get it.

When we are not kicking ass (or getting kicked) we are having a lot of fun. Like laughing about stuff in game.

It released 1 mo before MW3 I think. I picked it up About a month ago (Maybe less? I forget) I am technically behind on map knowledge by a couple of months. I dont notice it that much. On the smaller maps I counts a lot more (Sein Crossing & Metro). Those maps play more like MW3 IMHO. You need to know where to look before you stick your head out around the corner and you need to knwo where they bad guys come from so you can anticipate. I think Fish's assessment that it takes abotu 10 hours to not feel like a total idiot is pretty accurate. The maps are big but that does not mean you can not get kills not be successful with out knowing every corner of the map. In MW3 and BO the maps are so small that after 9 months of being out you need to knwo exactly where to put the reticle as you come around every corner or you will get owned. BF3 you need to play careful, but not in the same way.

I played on the New Karkand map pack when I finally got it (again not when it first came out) and even not knowing the map that well (heck I still dont know the names of them all) I am able to hold my own and do OK just by playing carefully.

Your slower BO style play will be rewarded in BF3 immensely IMHO.

fatbrowndog wrote:

One thing I miss the most about MW3 is the people. I love playing with you guys (and the new guys I have not met yet). I think you would like BF3 FBD as it fits your FFA style of play pretty well. Thinking in a tactical way and moving carefully is the way to win.

Squad was getting smoked over and over by a guy who knew how to use the helecopter (without crashing every time). It is a very powerful vehicle when used right. I would argue the best in the game. After getting smoked overn over Anderson and I finally decided to take care of it. He brought out the Lase designator and I brought out the Javelin. He spotted and I locked and fired. After a few tries we finally nailed it. I was a enjoyable gaming experience working together and taking out a significant problem on the board. The feeling I knwo I had was the same feeling I would get playing BO on a well fought game of Dom.

I dont miss MW3 that much. One game I go 19-8, the next I go 15-30? Success is not based on my ability but on the whim of the Connection Fairy? I do miss the MK14 as that gun was just plain fun.

When you get it be sure to get the version where the Karkand map pack is included.

Last edited by Winicott1001 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 12:45 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
I vote that we work on the SDM matches as a team so that we can all knock them out for the unlocks. Tonight (Tuesday) will be my last unregulated night of BF3 play since the family comes home tomorrow night (Wednesday). I'll still be playing, but it won't be for 4-6 hour stretches to level up Smile.

Just remember Anderson that "tomorrow is the perfect day to start any project", you have now been corrupted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

carlmuir wrote:
We are really starting to work well together and are now usually in the top half of the leaderboard for either team and are earning Ace Squad ribbons each game (basically extra experience for being the top overall scoring squad).

Really starting to have fun as more of us play together.

As I usually run Assault (with heal packs and defibrillator) I am a healing and reviving machine sometimes. Brings me back to my days following around Turp and saving his Second Chance ass!

I think you brought me back like 5-6 times the other night...you're such a lifesaver Carl. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanks for being patient.   Thanks for being patient. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thanks for being patient.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Battlefield-
Jump to: