Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Winning Dom Game Strategies

Go down 
+7
The1UrLookin4
Repo_Dog
Dog_soildier
Kamea6
walldoggy
DELTAxDOG
Ogbunabali
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Winning Dom Game Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 am

This is just my opinion but I hink Savvy should chime as we have both played ALOT of Dom.

Flags you need to cap and hold to win by map:

Arkaden- A & B.....Do not cap C!

Village- B & C...Triple cap will work if someone is holding the small bridge and stationed at B & C

Seatown- B is a must A & C are interchangable

Interstate- B & C and do not venture to deep into the A spawn or you will flip the spawns

Mission- B & C...Do not cap A!

Dome- B is a must C & A are interchangable

Bakaara- B & C....Triple cap sometimes will be ok here if they decide to camp all the buildings

Downturn- Any two flags will honestly work here as B is not AS important as most maps

Resistance - B is a must and C is preferable but you can make a B/A combo work as well but much tougher.

Bootleg- B is a must but A & C are interchangeable

Hardhat- A & B is the easiest to defend

Carbon- Own B and win the map (only way to win on this map)

Lockdown- Just like carbon own B and you will win

Fallen- A & B is preferred but B & C will work. A and C is a losing combo (too far apart)

Outpost- this is the tough one...You must own B and have at least one peron covering the road in the middle (where the porch is) and 1 personcovering the route from A to C (hanger route). This map at least 1 person needs to camp the "home" flag also as it is to easy to flip the A & C spawns and leaves the guys hanging out to dry at B.

Underground- A & B is the preferred combo but B and C will work as well....Lose B and lose the game.

Again theses are just my opinions on observations but I am confident that these are sound strategies to win most matches unless the connection is horrendous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:29 am

I dunno, lately all the players Ive been playing with have been capping everything everywhere anytime...

::ranting::
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am

The only one I disagree with is Dome. I've found that a good team can take and hold A & C and keep the other team spawn trapped in the B building. Then your team is covering two exits with relative ease.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:35 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:
I dunno, lately all the players Ive been playing with have been capping everything everywhere anytime...

Exact reason for this post, time to slow it down and have a strategy before the match even starts. When playing with randumbs and they cap A on mission I simply back out if we lose C, I will not do that when playing with the clan. I have been getting slightly frusstrted lately and I wanted to enlighten everone on my observations as I have alot of time invested in Dom and some sound strategy IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:

People are doing this strictly to gain streaks but to be honestly once you cap all three flags you have no idea where people are coming from. Im a fan of Cap A AND B, CAP C AND LOSE ALL THREE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:37 am

What are you trying to say Kyle?LOL It confuses the whole team on which ones to try and hold....HAHA

Stream, I believe you are right on cue with flag capping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:39 am

plus 1 to stream man for bringing this up and I share your frustrations...

btw, on Mission I have found it is ok to cap A on your way up the ravine toward C, then you flip it at C and retake the map, that way you arent falling way behind without having a flag
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:45 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:

btw, on Mission I have found it is ok to cap A on your way up the ravine toward C, then you flip it at C and retake the map, that way you arent falling way behind without having a flag

Same with Arkaden but once you flip it do not take the other flag back again EVEN if you are spawned there its a losing combination. Sometimes for some strange reason they spawn you at the enemy flag, I believe its IW's way to create in game chaos and it usually happens halfway through a match along with the infamous "mid game momentum change" we have been observing. I believe this is intentional to make the matches more competitive. I have spawned near A on mission when we had C & B and on ogf the x30x was sitting up by C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:48 am

Stream_Man wrote:
kjcolby1978 wrote:

Same with Arkaden but once you flip it do not take the other flag back again EVEN if you are spawned there its a losing combination. Sometimes for some strange reason they spawn you at the enemy flag, I believe its IW's way to create in game chaos and it usually happens halfway through a match along with the infamous "mid game momentum change" we have been observing. I believe this is intentional to make the matches more competitive. I have spawned near A on mission when we had C & B and on ogf the x30x was sitting up by C.

wow I feel like this is me speaking through you haha...

I could be quoted last night as saying "what the fuck happened" or "what the hell is going on???" .. actually screaming it... midway through matches
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 11:49 am

kjcolby1978 wrote:

If I play dom unless ppl say not to take a flag (because they have a strategy) I wont, but my motto has always been.

"Kill everything, take everything" I get kind of bored just holding 2 and it doesn't suit my play style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 12:00 pm

Very nice Stream_MAN.

IW will spawn you at the opposite end of the map if the other team is in your far flag and not capping it. A sad effort to prevent spawn killings.

VILLAGE - You can have all three if you take A last. Watch all the exits to the cave AND NEVER ENTER IT. The only way they spawn at C is if you go in the caves. They can sneak to C along the back path and no one likes to watch that one but it would be great to have two at each exit.
Also on Village there is a bad spawn by the oil trucks. It is a C spawn but really close to B so if the other team on ly has C that is where they will spawn. C is a must on this map.

DOME is chaos. A and C is fine just don't go into the B building and cover all the exits.

OUTPOST - B to C is a clear line of site to defend both. The defender should have a T95 or MK14, or something with a big scope. Best to have one at C, two between B and C and the rest can push up past B towards A and/or watch the back flank between B and C. *Remember that you can cap C by sitting in between the cab and tank of the truck. 'Impact' should prevent this.

HARDHAT - If you have A and B you will need atleast one guy at each pipe to keep them spawning behind C or they will spawn by the cement pallets near B. The middle is a must and there is enough action there for two atleast. I love the guys that defend A, I'm never there, thank you. It is also permissible to go into C spawn without changing the spawns. You can run a lap through there and get 3-4 kills as long as the above conditions are also met.

I think the big key to Dom is to control the spawns. This game is very sensitive to erratic spawning if the flags are always changing hands randomly. If we lose a flag it is better to get it back than cap the other flag. Sometimes there is no other choice though.

I'm not so sure that it's suicide to take all 3 like it was on BlackOps but if there are guys on higher killstreaks we jeopardize them when we triple cap. So just out of courtesy to our teammates it's best to just grab 2 and defend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 1:55 pm

audiopile wrote:

I think the big key to Dom is to control the spawns. This game is very sensitive to erratic spawning if the flags are always changing hands randomly. If we lose a flag it is better to get it back than cap the other flag. Sometimes there is no other choice though.

agreed sir. i think it's ragingamish that has detailed primary and secondary spawn locations in his map videos. I have only watched the Mission video but it's spot on. knowing the flags we have capped and where i spawn tells me where the enemy is and where i should be.

2 designated home flag campers per match would leave 4 on the flag with the most action. this way we are not running back and forth between flags. Trust me i hate camping a flag and i usually skip the home flag at the start of the game to get a jump on B but i hate taking an L more than camping. After B is under control i usually fall back to the home flag and patrol. This doesn't fit my game play style but I've notice it's one of our weaknesses. I'm totally up for rotating camper duty.

Also, we need to rely on OUR communication of losing flags, not the games. yes this requires eyes on the flags but it's better than 4 of us rushing C only to have the guy/s there kill them and now B is exposed and being capped with no in game notification.

Simple thoughts from a new guy...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:12 pm

Yup, flag flash is the only thing thing we can rely on to tell us if the objective is changing hands. The in-game play-by-play announcer is usually pretty drunk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Great thread and a lot of good info.

I agree with the announcements. On several occasions I discovered a flag got taken before I even hear that we're losing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah always call out if you see a flag flashing as not everyone may have noticed even if they are very near by. Another thing is if you clear a flag to also call out that you cleared it, or if you died, try to give as much detail....ie "Two guys headed toward A". If I'm on my way to help defend but then told the enemy was cleared, I'll go back to patrol mode and keep the area clear as a result.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Verry helpfull info guys, this thred should be a sticky Exclamation
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Also call outs for the enemy sentry guns, ims, and SAM's are helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:44 pm

I think we need more of us going for the B flag. If we have 3 or 4 of us tring to take the B flag at the beginning of the match it would help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 3:51 pm

usandthem1 wrote:
I think we need more of us going for the B flag. If we have 3 or 4 of us tring to take the B flag at the beginning of the match it would help.
Yeah, we lost motivation when capping A is now worth 150XP and a notch towards the pointstreak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:08 pm

We could take turns. 3 go to B this time and the next game the other go to the B flag.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:17 pm

Great points in here! Stream Im in lobbies with you often, so I started to kind of see how this was coming together.

Usandthem, good point, I find it's best to have 2 guys go to the start flag and 4 go to B.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Ok, I admit it. I'm guilty of going for 3rd flags. Normally, I only do that if we're handily ahead, but still, the comment about screwing up other's streaks has made me reconsider. So I'll dial it down a notch for now. Of course, if we only have A and are getting mowed down at B, I'll try to flank to C and at least take some pressure off B.

With regards to splitting up to take flags, it might be good to say who is going where. As opposed to the generic "I'm going to B", maybe it can be something like "Me, Audio and Freak are going the B, everyone else stay at A." Or something like that.

By way of example, yesterday, Bee, Tema, Sith and I were playing vs another 4 on Hardhat. We started between A and B. I said "2 to A and 2 to B, I'm going to B." Everyone agreed. So what happened? Those 3 guys went to A and left me to go to B all by myself. OOPS! haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Stream, great post! Your frustrations echo mine, especially when someone caps a flag that they probably shouldn't.

As for who goes for what flag at the start, some people have classes set up to take that first flag and some don't. Most of the lobbies I'll hear someone say "going for B'...if there are enough going for B, stay behind with the spawn flag.

Another point...if we refrain from capping that third flag, the game will be longer. So we'll be able to pad killstreaks more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:22 pm

What if .....and just going to say theparty leader as he is the easist to distinguesh.. Was the leader or "calller for the match. Would just help direct traffic. except the tiny maps u can get away with. One guy on bavk th lag. Three on b flag and two rovers. If we have some one directing traffic or we just decide before we get in the lobby who wants to do what. :end rant:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Sith_Miester wrote:
What if .....and just going to say theparty leader as he is the easist to distinguesh.. Was the leader or "calller for the match. Would just help direct traffic. except the tiny maps u can get away with. One guy on bavk th lag. Three on b flag and two rovers. If we have some one directing traffic or we just decide before we get in the lobby who wants to do what. :end rant:

No F*cking Way am I gonna have jsavvy barking orders at me all night. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winning Dom Game Strategies   Winning Dom Game Strategies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winning Dom Game Strategies
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next