Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Stuff you never use-what and why?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Stuff you never use-what and why? Empty
PostSubject: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 am

Last night I experimented with all sorts of different loadouts, and had very mixed results.

First of all, the Striker was useless to me. Granted, it was level 0, but all hitmarkers, no kills. I need someone to fill me in on what the hell to do.

Besides that, I tried to use lots of different attachments to level grind faster, but it was counter productive. I figure it's an easy 1000xp to get 40 kills with the Acog, or Holo, or Hamr, but you might as well be running around blindfolded. I had some truly horrible games trying different and unfamiliar attachments.

The only plausible reason I can see for any of those is to camp a point and watch it from afar while ADS, which I get bored as hell doing.

I tried Acog on the MP7 last night and it was utterly ridiculous. It shouldn't even be an option on an smg. I'm going to just go back and run my tryhard classes. I'll earn far more XP by just using what I know works.

Here's a brief list of crap I'll never use again. Look forward to your contributions:

ACOG
Holographic
Thermal
Grenade Launcher
ANY handgun other than five seven

On another note, I think I'm going to always run IMS on Arkaden and Village. Place an IMS inside the double doors at A and you get 4 kills every time. Same on Village...hide one behind the truck at B or just outside the little tunnel at C and watch the +50's keep rolling in.

Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:54 am

I would agree about the handguns, grenade launcher and maybe even the holographic sights. A thermal scope on the ACR, however, is equipped on my sniper class. Can't use sniper rifles but with a silencer, Assassin, and portable radar, an AR works pretty well. I can imagine the T-95 working well in this role as well but have never unlocked the thermal for it.

Also, the Hamr scope for SMGs works well on a rush class if you mostly hip fire. Good for locking down choke points at a distance on Hardhat, for example, while still allowing you to rush. I think it works best for me in HC when I find ARs laying in wait for run-n-gunners. No need to swap classes to compete.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:21 pm

The 1 good use I can think of for a thermal scope is in Drop Zone....when you're lying in the smoke it really helps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:39 pm

the burst fire weapons are pointless in this game with the amount of lag.

The striker sucks until you get a grip for it. It is a true spray gun, I never look down the sites and took me a while to adjust to the fact that's it's over powered. Through trial / error I figured out how close / far away you need to be. Once you get that it's a pretty bad ass shot gun.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:46 pm

I usually try to use all the attachments on each SMG to max out the XP. I've gotten all of these to max proficiency in my prestige and a half - MP5, UMP, PP90M, and P90. I have about 40 more kills for 500 with the PP90M, then I'll start over with the PM-9.

My own personal thoughts:

Most attachments are fine: Xmag, RDS, Holo, Rapid fire. However...

Thermal - I find this disorienting and hard to use. This is the only one I don't use.

HAMR - I'm always switching to RDS as I find the zoom not very useful with an SMG. So it's also jarring when I forget to switch, because then I ADS and suddenly can't move because I'm zoomed in and the guy I'm aiming for as run right past me and killed me.

ACOG - However, I am able to use the ACOG relatively well for some reason. Is the zoom less than the HAMR?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm

I have been trying to run every weapon just to maximize xp. The attachments get to me as well. I find myself jumping over to hardcore when I have a crappy weapon or want to max out an attachment I hate like grenade launcher or underbarrel shotgun. Much easier to get kills with these. I haven't yet run the thermal scope. I just hate it without using it. The hybrid also pisses me off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:20 pm

lumm0x wrote:
I have been trying to run every weapon just to maximize xp. The attachments get to me as well. I find myself jumping over to hardcore when I have a crappy weapon or want to max out an attachment I hate like grenade launcher or underbarrel shotgun. Much easier to get kills with these. I haven't yet run the thermal scope. I just hate it without using it. The hybrid also pisses me off.

I'm the same way, hybrids are only bearable if you turn off the mag scope part, you just have to remember to turn it off every time you spawn.

HC handguns only is my favorite, the only trick is getting the lobby to use handguns.

Full auto in HC is for pussies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:36 pm

I never use the HAMR scope zoomed in. I rarely use the ACOG scope and have only used Thermal once. I guess I wouls use the thermal if I was playing Drop Zone. I don't really notice a difference in my killing in using the RDS vs. the holographic sight.

I'll never use the SMAW again...too underpowered for air support killing though good for Juggs. And I can't ever see myself using the revolvers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:52 pm

C4 just because I didn't know the >30< way to use it. Now that Stream has given some good tips, I'm looking forward to unlocking it and giving it a go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 pm

There's no reason ever to use the M16A4 when the other burst weapon is the Type95. It's not even close which one is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:05 pm

Acog scopes...I just never really play in areas with long enough lines of sight to require them...usually if there is a spot stream is around with his sniper rifle so it's all good...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm

I retract my statement on not being able to use ACOG on ARs. My Recon Pro class is basically either an M4 with 2 attachments - ACOG + GL or ACOG + Extended Mags (or it's an ACR/G36/etc. with the same attachments).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am

I don't use any sights other than iron or red dot. They impair you field of vision. I haven't used noob tube or shotgun, no reason just don't. I haven't used tac insert but I think it would be great in drop zone. I agree with deadmyt the type 95 is no comparison. It's the only rifle that I have used that has a single trigger pull kill. Not for every map for me though, only medium to long range firefights. couple of other tactical items I haven't used but will be trying out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 1:01 am

I use the ACOG on all my long ARs (FAD, MK14) with Marksman, and I have a class of MP7 with ACOG for the longer shots (and I do not want to tote the bigger guns).

They work great for me on the maps:
VILLAGE
INTERCHANGE
BAKAARA

And to get the people out of the sniping rooms on LOCKDOWN.

These are my Sniping classes basically.

I hate thermal and heart-beat. They are both too distracting for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:39 am

I have had some of my best games with the thermal (it's much better than the one in Black Ops BTW). I'm trying it out on more maps having only used it on Bootleg and Outpost, especially if we are against lower ranks that don't have Assassin - they light-up nicely. I picked off one guy at C on Lockdown last night seeing only his bright foot through the wheels of the truck. I wouldn't see it at all otherwise. I'm getting close to the next prestige, so I'm going to lose it for awhile. Sad

I used the hybrid for the challenge, and it sort of grew on me. I don't like the obstruction and narrow field of view with the scope on it, but it's handy to be able to change back and forth. I wish it would switch faster. I can switch weapons faster than switching the scope.

I don't use underbarrel attachments, or the heartbeat sensor. I can't let go of other attachments that are more useful to me. Plus, I find underbarrels distracting and I always seem to have the wrong thing selected. I don't like to use silencers on shotguns - the reason I use a shotgun is for the BOOM.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 am

deadmyt wrote:
There's no reason ever to use the M16A4 when the other burst weapon is the Type95. It's not even close which one is better.

^^This

What I don't get is the M16 in MW2 was my absolute favorite weapon. I was very disappointed the first and only time I used it in MW3. Day one out of the box, never again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuff you never use-what and why?   Stuff you never use-what and why? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuff you never use-what and why?
Page 1 of 1