Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

BF3 first day review

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

BF3 first day review Empty
PostSubject: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 am

Well i can say BF3 is totally a different beast. Way more realistic in terms of FPS'. I'm going to have to agree with Cod being an arcade version of FPS'. I got a few kills a died alot. Got in a jet and immediately blew it the fuck up and crashed. Got in a tank and ran into a wall. Got a sniper kill, snipers are alot harder to use in BF3 over CoD.

Im gonna stick this one out, as its much more exciting to play than MW3, everytime I put in Mw3 I am looking for excuses to log out. Aside from the occassional bullshit session with a few clannies on MW3 and hosting the WC Kotw's and playing FF13-2, Ill be on BF3. BF3 is kind of boring solo though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 am

BF3 is tough solo, especially if everyone else wants to go fly jets, helos, sniper or generally not play the friggin objective. A full squad of people who know what they are doing can completely change the course of the game.

Glad to hear you are sticking it out. Looking forward to running with more 30s as our quest for BF3 domination continues.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:44 am

A couple of things I didnt like was getting put on the wrong squad and the time of conquest games are pretty long. Also there is no back out feature, games just continously run over and over. To back out you have to quit and reinvite. Good note tho, I bought a set of the P11's turtle beaches and man the comms were awesome on BF3 switched to mw3 and loled at how bad mw3 chat is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:56 am

With 2 and maybe 3 in the squad, comms are usually quite clear (black ops-like). A 4th seems to hose up the comms for some reason. They've posted about correcting that, but I haven't seen a resolution quite yet.

Getting spilt up can be remedied by browsing the servers and finding a game with enough room to hold your squad. We've had more success that way.

BF3 is not perfect, but IMHO, it's heads and shoulders above MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

Just don't let Vegas drive.He gave me whiplash bouncing off shit in the tank.LMAO

On a serious note....I think I'm gonna like it.Battlelog is giving me shit by not letting me sign in,but I figured that I don't care that much for shit like that.If I fly I die.One thing I will say, I haven't informally quit on BF3 yet.LOL It doesn't matter how much I die, because 8'mI too busy. Laughing at everyone else blowing shit up around me.I will never have a kd over 1, but as long as there is some clannies there laughing at me, I'll continue to play. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:27 am

FiremanLFD525 wrote:
Just don't let Vegas drive.He gave me whiplash bouncing off shit in the tank.LMAO

On a serious note....I think I'm gonna like it.Battlelog is giving me shit by not letting me sign in,but I figured that I don't care that much for shit like that.If I fly I die.One thing I will say, I haven't informally quit on BF3 yet.LOL It doesn't matter how much I die, because 8'mI too busy. Laughing at everyone else blowing shit up around me.I will never have a kd over 1, but as long as there is some clannies there laughing at me, I'll continue to play. cheers

Oh you're gonna play everyday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 am

I had no problems getting in with you guys last night. Then you all left me alone after a few minutes. That was a shitty game though, had us basically spawn trapped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

That was some good games yesterday that we had. I had a very good time playing BF3 and i'm getting into the game and how it works. I love the tanks i think i took fireman on a joy ride and he was just laughing at how i can drive the tank so good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

Glad to hear you enjoy it Vegas.

Don't forget that you can switch teams and squads in game from the pause menu. You can switch teams if there are less than 12 players on a side and you can always simply switch squads by first choosing to "leave squad" and then just pick a new one to join.

Look for Hotel Squad as that is usually the one we try to get in and it's never populated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Good point Carl.

I tried to switch to join Vegas & Fireman but their team was full.

K/D means nothing in this game. I' be had plenty of games with negative and be on top of the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Truth... KD is NOTHING. The point is to win the battle. With that said however, I would really like to kill more people than I do right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:38 pm

DarkkerDaze wrote:
Truth... KD is NOTHING. The point is to win the battle. With that said however, I would really like to kill more people than I do right now.
Yup KD is nothing compared to SPM. My advise if you want to kill more people when on foot make sure you are running a suppressor and look for any kind of flanking routes. Obviously though some maps are so big that gun kills will be less. Ive had no problem killing people but my SPM was lower till i started capping more flags and killing more tanks/ifv's/jeeps/buggys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 2:45 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:
Well i can say BF3 is totally a different beast. Way more realistic in terms of FPS'. I'm going to have to agree with Cod being an arcade version of FPS'. I got a few kills a died alot. Got in a jet and immediately blew it the fuck up and crashed. Got in a tank and ran into a wall. Got a sniper kill, snipers are alot harder to use in BF3 over CoD.

Im gonna stick this one out, as its much more exciting to play than MW3, everytime I put in Mw3 I am looking for excuses to log out. Aside from the occassional bullshit session with a few clannies on MW3 and hosting the WC Kotw's and playing FF13-2, Ill be on BF3. BF3 is kind of boring solo though.
Glad that you are liking and sticking with it Vegas. Hopefully i can get some matches with ya coming up. Ill run solo sometimes but you're right its not nearly as fun as running with clannies. Think we actually had 7 on one team a few nights ago and that was a blast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Leaderboards are ranked according to SPM and not KDR. Even a neg KDR game can be rewarding since there are so many things you can do to work for the win that earn XP. 1 nade/rocket can blow up 3 tightly packed AT Mines. Blow up 3 mines and you get a Anti Explosive Ribbon for 200 XP. Destroying Equip is 20 XP for a total of 260. 2 kills is worth 200 XP.

I don’t use a suppressor as I prefer to engage people at range. Suppressor increases the amount of bullet drop so aiming at the chest leads to a lot of lag shots/hitting the cover the guy is hiding behind. BUT, Nixon’s KDR is better than mine so maybe I need to be paying attention…

Flank Flank and more flank. Avoid head to head gunfights as 1) most people are a better aim than you right now and 2) Chances are he has a buddy close buy so if you do happen to win the fight you will be at 10 health and get creamed by his squad mate in one pistol shot.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:55 pm

If I'm on tonight, don't forget I'm always willing to help out and play some Coop even though I've already unlocked all the coop weapons for multiplayer.

Missing out on some decent weapons though if you dont do the coop missions.

Granted to unlock all the weapons you need to grind. There are 8 coop missions but you will need to do about a total of 40 missions to get enough points. (40 total, not the entire 8 missions 40 times).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:57 pm

How many peeps can we get into co-op? Only 2?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Unfortunately only 2. Wish you could do 4. That would be the shizznit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:14 am

If you play with me you may wish wehad 4. I have yet to comlete a mission...

you at least have to do a co-op so you can get acess to assignments to start unlocking the 8 guns available there. I really like the second assault rifle available.

I have unlocked the revolver from co-op and it has nice power- 2 shot kill which makes it a real threat instead of the pop guns available as secondaries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:46 am

When your on winicott hit me up man. I really got the game just so I could play with you and the other guys. So far only me and fireman have been sucking it up as a duo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:39 am

I will try to get on in the next few days to hold your hands, pat you on the ass, and say good game. Little hectic around my house right now so it may be a bit until I get on. I will help with the CO-OP. I really want to get that SIG 553 unlocked for the engineer class. It is like the assault class HK416, but for the engineers so it is totally worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:46 am

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
I will try to get on in the next few days to hold your hands, pat you on the ass, and say good game. Little hectic around my house right now so it may be a bit until I get on. I will help with the CO-OP. I really want to get that SIG 553 unlocked for the engineer class. It is like the assault class HK416, but for the engineers so it is totally worth it.

I should have some time this weekend between work to hop on. I need to finish the co-op as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 11:57 am

Will do Vegas, glad to have you aboard. I was not on last night and only for a bit the night before. RL has demands apparently that if you ignore have RL repercussions.

I should be on this weekend and will look for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:40 pm

JxVegas702 wrote:
When your on winicott hit me up man. I really got the game just so I could play with you and the other guys. So far only me and fireman have been sucking it up as a duo.

If you can hook up wtih Crossfire, he's a great guide through the game. Carl, Nate, Wini et al will treat you right (cue Manic).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Yeah, had a great game started last night with Nixon and Crossfire, but all of a sudden crossfire
disappeared. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Im not looking for people to "Hold my Hand" <--- Sarcasm font!As it was so eloquently put. Im not gonna play solo in bf3 cuz I just die repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 first day review   BF3 first day review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 first day review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next