Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread

Go down 
+3
walldoggy
Severed Digits
Repo_Dog
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Empty
PostSubject: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:21 pm

I know many of you are aficionados of craft brews, which I enjoy as well, however this is not the place to pine about the 365 minute, gluten free, trippel bock magic elixir infused with roasted apricot pits that was brewed by Svengali in a Himalayan yurt.

This is the cheap date thread...a place to profess your love for (gasp) mass produced swill and even light beer!

I'll start by sharing my experience with the new Bud Light Platinum. I went to the beer store last night after winter ball practice and was prepared to pick up a case of regular Bud Light when I spied this stuff. I didn't even know it existed, but I bit. Brought it home and cracked one open...first sip...not bad! VERY smooth, and didn't seem to have as much carbonation as regular Bud Light. I'll jump ahead 10 hours...

Next morning I go downstairs and see only 8 empties on the counter to discard...why did I get so damned hammered? It's then I notice on the empty blue bottle 6% ABV! Sweet mother of all things holy! I normally have 8 before I go out just for a primer! This stuff got me whacked! And it's still cheap...$23 per case of bottles.

Please share your cheap beer preference. I'm on a mission to find the best under $20 a case beer in America and I need your help.

Give me some suggestions to try on my next excursion to the beer store. And never be ashamed of your love of light beer!!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Thanks for the review FBD, I saw the ad for that stuff during the Superbowl and was curious, I might give it a try this weekend.

When I am in the cheap beer mode I usually go for Bud Light Lime, low calories with a decent enough taste, but lately Corona Light has been under $20 around here and I have been swilling that stuff pretty regularly.

I love the microbrews and our hometown Samuel Adams, but the cost and calories keep driving me back to the cheap light beer Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:29 pm

jemenard wrote:
Thanks for the review FBD, I saw the ad for that stuff during the Superbowl and was curious, I might give it a try this weekend.

When I am in the cheap beer mode I usually go for Bud Light Lime, low calories with a decent enough taste, but lately Corona Light has been under $20 around here and I have been swilling that stuff pretty regularly.

I love the microbrews and our hometown Samuel Adams, but the cost and calories keep driving me back to the cheap light beer Smile

Funny, but I didn't even see the Superbowl ad for it...just the distributor display. Love the BL Lime. Awesome picnic beer. Corona always tastes skunky to me. You know it's bad when they don't even drink it in Mexico. You can only find it in the tourist places. It is, however brilliantly marketed.

I'm more of a volume guy, so the calories matter. I'd rather drink 8 light beers than just 4 regular beers. Same calories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:33 pm

when i'm slumming it with my friends back in NJ it's Busch cans (or Busch Hunters with the camo, "Hey where's the beer, I can't see them in here!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:35 pm

One of the downfalls of getting older is that it is harder and harder to keep the pounds off. A couple of years ago I stopped drinking regular soda and for the first time started drinking light beer...the only significant difference is that it makes me run to the bathroom every couple of beers, goes right through me Sad

When I need that quick buzz because of a shitty day I still turn to diet soda and whiskey though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I will have to try the new platinum beer, I am a fan of coors light and high life lite. I can drink coors and play as my performance sucks when wild turkey jumps in the picture
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I have been drinking Keystone. Plus I love the commercials for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:08 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:

Next morning I go downstairs and see only 8 empties on the counter to discard...why did I get so damned hammered? It's then I notice on the empty blue bottle 6% ABV!

6% eh? Who holds your purse while you drink it? Suspect

I love you geek lol! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 5:34 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:

I'll start by sharing my experience with the new Bud Light Platinum. I didn't even know it existed, but I bit.

I got sample bottles at work 2-3 weeks ago, hasn't been out for long.

Love my crafts but Rolling Rock is my everyday beer. Nothing like rolling with a box of Rocks.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:24 pm

miller high life or miller lite if sluming it pbr.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 pm

Coors light almost always,, slummin or not.

If I want to crank it up, I go with Jack Daniels and Monster(green) on the rocks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:03 pm

High life with lime is nice in the summer. Taste just like any high end mexican beer. But my cheep beer of choice is olimpia. Have liked it since high school. Most days its lagunitas as my sister works thete and shares the free case a week she gets as a benefit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Haha, FBD, I knew this was going there as soon as I started reading. Yeah 6% light beer isn't a great idea. I think I'll pick some up for this weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 pm

u404398 wrote:
I have been drinking Keystone. Plus I love the commercials for it.

I'm Keith Stone....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:52 pm

And Anderson, don't worry, I still love and can handle my 10-15% cask beers aged in some nice oak bourbon barrels! A local brewery is doing their next batch in Makers Mark barrels!

Anyway, Bud Light is my cheap go to light beer. I tried the Bud select last week, pretty much taste the same to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:54 pm

Funny, my friends and I often drink Keystone light and anyone who is friends with me on Facebook can see my Keith Stone costume from Halloween this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Vodka....that's about all I drink....oh, and red wine. I'm a sucker for good red wine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:20 pm

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
fatbrowndog wrote:

Next morning I go downstairs and see only 8 empties on the counter to discard...why did I get so damned hammered? It's then I notice on the empty blue bottle 6% ABV!

BWAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:23 pm

When I was just out of high school, a local liquor shop used to sell what was left in the bottoms of kegs, in 1 GAL milk containers for $1. Granted, it tasted like shit but it was a cheap drunk.

I have to go with coors or keystone for a good cheap beer. Not much of a light beer fan. Diesel all the way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:26 pm

sgt tube socks wrote:
MiiisterAnderson wrote:
fatbrowndog wrote:

BWAHAHAHAHA

Haters gonna hate....6% for a light beer that I can slam is a good value proposition. Sure it's not as manly as your cask aged, quintuple hopped, angel tear infused craft brew du jour, but when I want to slam a dozen over the course of the night, I'll roll with 6% Bud Light ANY DAY!

What's the ABV of the Haterade you drink?

Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:38 am

DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:
And Anderson, don't worry, I still love and can handle my 10-15% cask beers aged in some nice oak bourbon barrels! A local brewery is doing their next batch in Makers Mark barrels!

Anyway, Bud Light is my cheap go to light beer. I tried the Bud select last week, pretty much taste the same to me.

Sweet Smile Boulevard has a Bourbon Barrel Quadruple Ale which we love!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 1:43 am

MiiisterAnderson wrote:
DEATH-THREAT-HxC wrote:

Sweet Smile Boulevard has a Bourbon Barrel Quadruple Ale which we love!

Nice, love em. Love the smoked beers too!
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 am

Smoked beers are a lie! I tried to smoke beer one time, I almost drowned.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 am

I prefer most microbrews. But n the regular I tend to have a case of trouges pale ale in the house. Its not too c heap not too expensive. And it taste great with steak dinner. Which is about the only dinner I seem to ever eat...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 12:07 pm

C'mon people...you can admit you like cheap beer once in a while...it's ok...Monsignor FBD is here for your confessions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread   Any other cheap dates out there?  The anti-beer snob thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any other cheap dates out there? The anti-beer snob thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next