Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

External Hard Drive

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

External Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 pm

So i know some of you have an external hard drive and want to know how to make it work with you're ps3 well here is some info on how to do so..

1. Purchase your external hard drive. Any hard drive will do. ( 1000GB w00t! )

2. One you have your external hard drive is purchased, use the USB cord provided to connect it to a COMPUTER (not your Playstation 3).

* IMPORTANT* Once your external hard drive is connected to your computer, go to START, CONTROL PANEL, ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS, COMPUTER MANAGEMENT, and select DISK MANAGER on the left hand side options. Select the external drive and read the "File System" type. If it says "NTFS", right click the disk and select "Delete Partition".

3. The reason you needed to delete the partition is because it MUST be FAT32. However, Windows XP will not partition a hard drive into FAT32. You must instead go to DOWNLOAD.COM and search for "Swiss Knife". Download the program that comes up (CompuApps SwissKnife V3 x.xx) and install it when the download completes. Once the install is complete, run the application and select the external hard drive you need to partition. On the top select the following settings: (Partition Type: Primary), (File System: FAT32), and (Volume Label: [whatever you want]). Then at the bottom, select "Create" and you're done.

4. One you are SURE the partition is FAT32, open "My Computer" and double-click on your empty external hard drive. Now, you will want to create a folder system identical to that on the Playstation 3. Right click to create a new folder and name the first folder "Photo". Do this for "Music", "Video" and "Game". When you are finished, you should have 4 folders total in the hard drive. Each folder should be empty.

5. Now, you can load all the music you want into your music folder, all the video you want into your video folder, and all the photos you want into your photo folder. Your game folder should still be empty(duh).

6. At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, left click the green arrow in your icons list and select "Safely remove..." Once your computer tells you "XXX drive can now be safely removed", unplug the hard drive from your computer.

7. Now, you can connect the hard drive to your Playstation 3 and use the extra space to save information and access all your extra content saved on your external hard drive.

8. Congratulations! You now have turned your 20gb or 60gb PS3 into a Monster 1 Terabyte PS3!!!(or whatever yours is...)

Tip: Just like anything else that gets hot, make sure it's in a well ventilated area. Hard Drives can get pretty HOT. Also it deppends on the Hard Drive you buy. Some come with fans, some don't, so my advice would be not to put in on top of your PS3, maybe a foot away or so should be alright. Last thing, try to make sure the USB cable isn't to close to the exhaust fan of the PS3. ...that can't be good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Thanks for the post. This will be made a sticky and I will move it into the PS3 General discussion area. +1 to you for the assist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Good info..+rep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Thanks guys.

Took me over an hour to copy all my videos off the HD lol. But took me under a min to format.

Wonder if its possible to download PS3 games and put them on the HD
Back to top Go down
Severed Digits

Severed Digits

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 26

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 pm

Say now, that's dangerous thinking. Though I do like the idea of having lots of room for my legitimate purchases. Let me know if you learn anything else this interesting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Socom3D34D

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:50 pm

If you need more room for legit purchases, it is actually very easy to replace the internal hard drive on a PS3. They take a standard laptop internal HD. When my 80 GB reached capacity, I replaced it - now I have an original fat PS3 with a 500 GB drive.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm

X-DGMr3coilZ-X wrote:
Thanks guys.

Took me over an hour to copy all my videos off the HD lol. But took me under a min to format.

Wonder if its possible to download PS3 games and put them on the HD

You can't play pirated games period. This would require a jailbroken Ps3. Either way you look at it you would not be able to play them. If you do jailbreak your ps3 you will not be able to get online.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: External Hard Drive   External Hard Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

External Hard Drive
Page 1 of 1