Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

God of War: Collections

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

God of War: Collections Empty
PostSubject: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:43 am

Hey PS3 peeps.

I just started on the PS3 a while back and have been looking at Playstation exclusives to play on the PS3.

I started with the Uncharted pack and I really enjoyed playing both UC1 and UC2. I'm still waiting on another price drop prior to picking up UC3. In the mean time, I was looking at maybe trying out another famous Playstation exclusive, God of War.

God of War: Collections is the HD remaster of GoW1 and GoW2. Can somebody give me some background on these games? What game that I may have played are they similar to? Are they worthy of purchase? Should I skip them and go straight to GoW3 instead?

If you were just getting started on God of War series, would you go with God of War: Collections (GoW1&2) or would you go with the God of War: Origins (PSP GoW games redone for the PS3).

Somebody point me in the right direction please.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 11:45 am

Start with collections, start with GOW1. It is a GREAT series.

What is it like, well nothing it started a new type of gameplay IMO. A lot of games have copied its style like Dante's Inferno and Castlevania Lords of Shadows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:32 pm

I'm a fan. Played them all. Get the collections and the origins collection. Then GOW3. You can skip Betrayal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:00 pm

I played the first 2 and found them to be entertaining. It's just a slash and hack gameplay, but it'll keep your attention for a while.

I was fooling around with Metal Gear Solid 4 a few days ago...man that was an unbelievable game. I bet it's like $10 now too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah, like they said. Play GOW1 and 2 first. The first was good, the second was awesome. I'm only part way thru the third, but I'm liking it. The first paved the way and the second was just brutal. Found myself saying "no way, that was crazy" alot while playing the second one.

There are a few frustrating parts though.

I know it's not exclusive but if you have not played Dead Space, give it a try as well. You could pick it up cheap.
Back to top Go down
WREG

WREG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:17 pm

I have never played the GOW series, but I've heard good things.

FBD mentioned Metal Gear Solid 4. I love that series. Keep Metal Gear Solid 4 on your radar. It is Just awesome. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:33 am

Gow games are awesome i love them. I would play them on the psp since i dont got a ps3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 11:00 am

I did pick up a God of War game over Easter. God of War 3.

And let me just say.......holy crap is it fun.

It is sorta like Uncharted on steroids.

Worth picking up if you can find it under $30 imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:55 pm

FightingOkra75 wrote:
I did pick up a God of War game over Easter. God of War 3.

And let me just say.......holy crap is it fun.

It is sorta like Uncharted on steroids.

Worth picking up if you can find it under $30 imo.

GoW 3 is on sale at gamestop this week for $20, FYI for anyone looking to pick up a copy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:57 pm

Just got Demon Souls from my brother in law....is it worth giving it a run?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Stream_Man wrote:

Demons souls is a beast of a game! It is VERY difficult and can be frustrating with a huge learning curve. That being said I loved it after the first 10 hours of play, I put over 80 hours in just to finish the main story line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:29 am

Stream_Man wrote:

I liked it. It is a hard game. It is strangely addicting and rewarding at the same time. I have some time logged in on it, but didn't have time to do 2 games at one time. The multiplayer is interesting and different, but I am not sure if the servers are supported since the new version is out.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:49 am

I picked up GOW 1 & 2 on the cheap right b4 GOW3 came out. All I can say is damn!!! One of the best game series ever hands down. Played the first 2 through in about a week. And was hooked. Rushed out and got GOW3 as soon as it came out and loved it. All 3 were epic on scale and graphics. Traded them in after I was done as I do with all games. My have to go pick em up again and play them through myself and maybe give em to my son for a run through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:56 am

God of War 2 was just epic. Beat it on God Mode and will say hardest game I ever played. The battle with Ares was so ridiculous, just one of those game bosses where you have to make every strike PERFECT to get your powerups and plan ahead to the next battle stage. And if you miss one tiny detail you have to just restart the fight because there's no way you'll last and you know it, LOL.

GW3 was better looking, but not as addictive. I didn't bother going through the two higher modes because I just wasn't as interested in trying to conquer them. The running around in the dark at the end was just a HUGE pain in the ass, even on regular difficulty.

I'm getting bored with Der Riese though, might pop GW3 back in, we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God of War: Collections   God of War: Collections Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

God of War: Collections
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Other Games-
Jump to: