Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Share | 

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
TydenWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 am

Its in Bridge mode, only thing changed was the stupid techs about 3 months ago locked up my modem/router and I couldn't do anything and had to call back to get it unlocked. They locked it up during a call that was for no service. As for the NAT its a crapshoot I may have open/mod/strict while the others are the same as well. But I never had all say strict or mod at the same time. Its just the ISP and I was able to change some settings that hopefully helped but tomorrow will be the real test since I was told during my second call today that I am having issues with the fact that my throughput or something like that is all over the place and that they are going to be checking something out at the pole also they might be bringing me a new or different modem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/TydenWolf?feature=guide
BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:46 am

With it in bridge mode it should act dumb and just pass network traffic as if you're sitting on the Internet - anything plugged into it should simulate a DMZ essentially. If you have an xbox plugged directly into the cable modem that is bridged and you're NOT getting an open NAT type there isnt much you can do - you're at the mercy of your ISP.

There is an option somewhere in the ubee that you can verify / try to see if it makes a difference.

From the Web UI: Login to Web UI. Click GATEWAY tab. Click Advanced Gateway Options on left. Uncheck “WAN IP Blocking”.

Also one thing I forgot - if you run the actual network test on the console itself does it pass everything? If you're receiving moderate nat type in bo2 will it show the same for mw3 or any other game that'll display nat? It may be an issue with your ISP doing some shenanigans with a COD server IPs or subnets - thinking they're "bad" or some stupid shit.

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TydenWolf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 18

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:53 pm

I am good to go. The changes that I made have appeared to correct the issues that I was having. Also the cable dude today corrected a mistake that the prior tech made with the installation there was two splitters in the line prior to the cable modem now there is a direct line from only one splitter to the cable modem essentially doubling my signal strength which what the tech was talking about on the phone that the signal strength of my service was all over the place. So now it seems to be better. I shall see hopefully in the next few days.

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:06 pm

wow you dont get much in terms of techs for 8 bucks an hour now do ya Smile

glad you got it straight - if you ever need something else just shout
Back to top Go down
IronKneebone

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I'm goping to sift throgh this thread, which originally read like Samarian Tablets, and see if I can improve my connection/lag/

This week I dropped almost 10 in my kdr and have been killed by runners with knives while emptying complete clips into them.

I had originally been doing pretty good with this same wireless connection (Verizon FIOS), but lately don't even want to play with clan mates because of how horrible I've been doing.
One thing I have noticed, which is new, is that I see screen motion glitching, or skipping, during combat. It seems that all is smooth until I begin to fire on someone...then it gets sketchy. I will quickly check my connection and will usually see 4 bars so...I really don't know exactly whats happening.

Thanks for all the work in the thread though BlackDeath

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Teach him to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/user/ironkneebone
BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:49 am

Yeah we spoke about this a little bit last night. The first thing you should do is test your connection. Pingtest.net is a good resource because you can select test servers all over the US and Canada - try a few different ones out and check your results.

If they come back good (50ms or less) there isnt much you can tweak - unfortunately you're at the host Sad If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 am

I read the first couple pages, but I don't want to read this entire thread.

I know my NAT has always been strict, but what does that really matter? Seems to only affect communication.
And can I prioritize my ps3 so if someone else is using the internet it won't cause lag. Cus I'm positive t interferes.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:11 am

Typically a strict NAT means you're not connectable from the outside world (to some if not most) this is going to effect making party's and having ppl join your party as well as slow down matchmaking.

Traffic shaping (aka QOS) needs to take place in your router. Download and search the user manual for your specific router, look for "traffic shaping" or "QOS". You can then assign a priority to a device (your console) so its data gets to cut in line of the rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

Hi All,.
Just upgraded from basic FIOS with old router to Fios Quantum 25/50 with a Actiontec GigE Wireless N router, MI424WR-GEN3I, firmware 40.20.1, version I. I have perused the forum and have some questions about my setup to improve my speed and quality of gaming. My wireless ping averages 26 and 32. I believe my XBOX 360S is already Wireless-N capable, so I don't need to add a wireless-N adapter? I was thinking of hard wiring to the router. I would have to run approximately 50-60ft of cable. What kind of cable (Cat5,Cat6, Cat7 etc) and would the length of cable diminish the gain of being hard wired. Any suggestions will be looked at.

Combatcop04
Mike
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Thu May 16, 2013 1:26 pm

You will always see better results wired vs wireless - in terms of latency and packet loss. Granted the difference is miniscule but wired will have the advantage.

CAT5e is more than enough. Ethernet typically can successfully transfer data at a unamplified range of 100m. I cannot stress enough NOT to purchase this from stores like Best Buy who will ass rape you. Look at Amazon or eBay - I just found a 50 footer for $8 bucks btw you DO NOT need 'plenum' wire unless you plan on passing the cable thru some sort of channel that is subjected to heat / cold (like hvac or chimney chases).

http://goo.gl/WrFtJ

fwiw The xbox wireless adapter only supports 802.11a/b/g and NOT n. This doesn't mean anything really it still gets the job done.

Back to top Go down
pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   Fri May 17, 2013 1:17 pm

If i may interject, combatcop, the times when you want stuff like cat6 or such is when you are needing high speed such as streaming media and such from a pc to your tv. Point in case, I had to change out cat 5 and my router to gigports on my router because i was streaming 1080p video. For most people you wont need more than just cat5 but you are halfway there with the router you have having gig ports on it.

PostSubject: Re: The Ultimate Network / Router Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Ultimate Network / Router Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Welcome to the Over 30 Clan :: Technical Help Area-
Jump to: