Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Ps4 to xbox1 convert
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
    Google Ads

Very shady tactic on HC HQ.

Go down 
    2 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage

Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Empty
    PostSubject: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:16 am

Last night we somehow ended up in a match of 8 vs 3 HC HQ on Convoy. 6 30s and 2 randumbs vs 3 guys with HUGE stats 4+ W/L, 3+ KDRs. 75 win streaks, 50+ killstreaks, etc. Oh, and they were unprestiged level 50s. And they topped it all off with some classy racist comments in the post game lobby.

So we're thinking we should mop up if there's no host migration, and it turned out to be one of the most frustrating matches I've ever played. We won pretty easily on the scoreboard, but these guys were kill whoring like crazy, and they were capping the HQ! I think we were all negative or close to it.

So I naturally go back and view the match to investigate and watch all 3 of them using tac insertions right next to the HQ. They would essentially camp it for kills, and then when they got killed, they would instantly spawn right near it and revenge kill 3, 4 of us at a time with a quick spray while we were capping. Since none of us were using TI, they would sneak in and get a quick cap while we were trying to get back to the HQ.

Shame on us for falling victim to it repeatedly, but I have never seen anything like it. Oh, and they were all running FJP because I set claymores down next to the TIs a few times and got no kills.

Technically this is not cheating, however in my opinion, this is exploiting a broken game feature. ESPECIALLY in HC, where one clip can take out 5 guys. This ability with TI and the obvious use in boosting leads me to petition for this cowardly piece of equipment to be hopefully eliminated from MW3. Play the fucking game. If you spawn on the other side of the map, so be it. Fight your way back to the objective. I'm so tired of these cheap ass tactics. If you're better than me, good for you. If you live in your mom's basement and watch youtube all day for shady ways to get an advantage, get a life.

/rant over
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:42 am

I was not in this game so I can't comment about the play. But I will say that 7 out of 10 of my classes have a tac insert as an equipment. I love not having to run across the map in order to kill someone. I will usually drop my tac insert on the outside of the hq in a corner or other hidden area. I think in HQ it is essential to have a tac insert as you spawn so far away. If you want a higher SPM or total kills then limit the time you have to run in order to find someone to kill.

So as someone who uses tac inserts I hate when people will camp my tac insert for an easy kill, yea its part of the game but I still hate it. I will still keep using it as I see nothing wrong with it or it being cheap in any way, it is just another tool to use. Any tool in the hands of someone hell bent on evil can become a bad thing.

So now we can add tac inserts into the class with noob tubes, pro tubes, second chance and ghost just to name a few.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:46 am

My opinion is mixed by the use of the TI in this way. I am a little jealous that I did not think of it first...

I agree that TI is pretty easily abused as evidenced by the vid The1 took earlier this week. I also think this example is a pretty good use of the TI. I try to use TI on HQ matches from time to time. I attempt to get a insert 'tacticly close' but not 'too close' so I dont get spawn killed. That never works out the way I thini it is.

It seems to me that planting it in the room is a bad idea since one nade takes out all the TIs. In core I think this would be a non issue since nading into the HQ room is standard practice. In HC this seems like a good way to accidently team kill the whole group.

You won, that is the good news.

Last edited by Winicott1001 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am

you really must give us all "The Handbook of Playing CoD According To FatBrownDog"...

Many of our respected Clannies use TactInsert...does this make THEM cowards as well?

I know I'm notorious for my "charm" but in this instance I am making a simplistic point that all equipment is permissible and it's up to the players themselves to be ready for any and all obstacles as well as having the ability to adapt and learn 'on-the-fly'...

You have to expect the other side to kill you in anyway they find able... Now it's True I can't stand the killwhoring of Headquarters and Demo but when we are being bested I can only blame ourselves and not the other side for them being able to fuck us over first.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:15 am

I'll write that FBD handbook if you promise to publish "How to Be a Gigantic Prick in Black Ops."

You are a bird of a different feather Manic, I'll grant you that. I don't think we could have a more different opinion most matters.

I would just prefer the game be designed in a way to promote gun on gun infantry tactics. And (wait for it....) Fair Play! Not magic green lights that allow an entire team to materialize in the enemy's back pocket. At least create a zone immediately around an objective that would prevent dropping it within a 10 meter radius of an objective. Or prevent them from being placed on top of each other. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

For the record, I don't have a problem with tubes. It's annoying to be repeatedly killed by them, but they have their place in the game. It's a realistic representation of an infantry weapon. They try so hard to nail every detail of virtual combat in these games, and for the most part they get me as close to combat as I want to be, but some of the things they add into the game don't belong.

I hear they are bringing in the Giant Eagle from Angry Birds as a 20 kill streak in the next patch.

Flame on.

Let me guess, you were a big fan of One Man Army and Danger Close in MW2?

Last edited by fatbrowndog on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:17 am

I need to add that there is no room in the game for the use of tac inserts for boosting or boosting in any way, kids do it but crap on them. But to use the tac insert near an objective in order to get kills, I love it.

I also love to drop a tac insert just behind the other flag in CTF after killing the defenders.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:25 am

I agree with Fishboy. I have run the TI in HC quite abit. Especially in HQ and CTF. I think it is a great piece of equipment to use in objective games. Especially big maps or maps with long sniper sight lines like Array, Discovery, or Hazard. I die at B and pop back up near it (not on it) and can get back to defend it quicker instead of losing B to the A-hole that killed me and he gets 10 secs to cap while I hustle my ass back accross the map. I will usually drop it behind the enemy spawn on CTF so that when I respawn I can clear out the campers, grab the flag, and run like hell. CTF on Havana comes to mind as a map where a Tac insert is very valuable to have.

I too hate boosters, but like the equipment.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:34 am

I think if you kill the entire enemy team you should get at least a few seconds to try and cap without getting shot in the back by a group of TI spawners, but perhaps I'm alone in that stance.

FBD, use the tools available, right?

I can understand the love for it though, it does make it easy to get quick kills.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:36 am

I do so love it when you take the time to shower me with such eloquence and adoration...but I will ignore certain commentary for "fairness of play".

Sadly my CoD history began with Blops so I'm a tad at a lose for what you speak of concerning MW2...I take it you whined about that as well.

To address your yearning for "Fair Play"....maybe you should consider hitting up a few other Clans to have Private Matches so as to adjust the mode to your preferred liking... I suggest L4DY, TASC or BWAF, they'll be more then happy to oblige you and your conditional style of play.

Now keep in mind FBD...I actually do respect you, somewhat.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:51 am

Here is the beauty that was Danger Close/One Man Army. You would have loved it Manic.

You missed a few clan tags...how about PUSY? Or WUSS? Maybe that would best describe my disdain for exploited tactics. Why sit back and break controllers when it's so much more relieving to whine and post bitchy drivel on message boards?

I once invited a therapist to talk to my sales staff about focus and eliminating the distractions. He mentioned that there are 3 surefire methods for reducing stressors. Talk about them (whining), Write about them (forums) or pray about them. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    Back to top Go down
    The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Keep it civil guys please. I too use tactical insertion some, but I'm a fan of my claymores. I think that they could adust some of the coding and it still be an effective tool. Everyone has their own tactics. Everyone has their pet peeves and views of the game. You may not always agree with them, but not everyone is going to play the way you want them to. Things can be a pain in the ass, but you just have to get past them and play another game or lobby.

Civil discussions are welcome, but don't take them too far and start flaming or insulting each other. We are all family, some may be red-headed step-children but in the end we are all under the same roof.
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:04 pm

That was an awesomely cheap video shooting tubes into the air, why didn't I think of that. I used danger close a couple of times in MW2 but I never used 1manarmy. I also never got a nuke, got 25 kills a couple of times but never had the nuke equipped. I just remember scavenger and being able to get more tubes and claymores. Nothing like sniping in a building with claymores all around you and every time someone tripped one you went and set another.
    Back to top Go down
    The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Typed words are often mistaken in tone and texture, and may come across differently if they were heard and not read. Type carefully.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Look at you with your clever usage of compliments.

Yes, yes, FBD, We all get it...if it isn't YOUR way then it's just bullshit pussies who shouldn't be allowed to play the game because they are taking away from the Hyper-Realism of CoD.

FFS, yo... You don't have to be angry everyday, try taking the day off.

As for the Clans I mentioned they are very legitimate...I'll be more then glad to get their Captains to PM you.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

I used to play MW2 but stopped before the one man army became a big problem. I have heard of the glitch, but never seen it exploited like the video FBD posted. Wow. That is definately one way to take all the fun out of the game for everyone else.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:17 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
    Keep it civil guys please. I too use tactical insertion some, but I'm a fan of my claymores. I think that they could adust some of the coding and it still be an effective tool. Everyone has their own tactics. Everyone has their pet peeves and views of the game. You may not always agree with them, but not everyone is going to play the way you want them to. Things can be a pain in the ass, but you just have to get past them and play another game or lobby.

C'mon, man...It's not like I called all TI users pedophiles or anything. I reserve that for Second Chance users. ;-) I just wanted to vent about an atypical match that 6 of us unfortunately found our way into. Manic and I can take each other's jabs. Hell it's entertaining to get so many differing opinions.

As mentioned in many other posts, different strokes for different folks. Peace, Love and Happiness for all. Next time I'll type (sarcasm on) (sarcasm off) to make sure everyone knows I'm just busting balls... It's a game!

I post a bunch of rants to give people something to read while bored at work. Maybe there should be a hidden post section for my rants that you need a secret membership to view. Then I can post to myself for therapy.
    Back to top Go down
    The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

Stirring the pot is fine and welome FBD. I know that you venting. I just want to make sure that the venting between clanmates remains under a certain level. Insults should remain playful or joking at best. We all do it. I'm just trying to prevent an outbreak or misunderstanding.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:32 pm

Yeah...what he said. Why do you think I comment on your post, FBD?

(especially about the Second Chancers) <--- See, we agree on something and can still play in the same sandbox.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 pm

MANIC wrote:
    Yeah...what he said. Why do you think I comment on your post, FBD?

(especially about the Second Chancers) <--- See, we agree on something and can still play in the same sandbox.

A breakthrough! We can rejoice in knowing we stand united in our despise of SC users! (Sorry Turp. I love you too, just not that way.)

I sit at my desk and bang out ad copy and proposals all day...I need the change of pace to keep from losing my mind.

I wish more people would vent. Misery loves company! We could have a section for "Bad Beats" like in poker. Everyone can bitch about a particular match or player that just royally chapped them. Good therapy boys...try it on for size. Let the anger flow out of your body....

Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Z
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Well that means you werent dying to claymores at least...
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm

kjcolby1978 wrote:
    Well that means you werent dying to claymores at least...

LMFAO.......I love that you brought that up since so many people have issues with claymores too!
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:08 pm

The way my outlook is that as long as you are on my team, you are welcome to use anything you possibly want...Ghost, motion sensors, second chance, noob-tubes. You are part of my team so you are a team-player! Pull that when you are on the other team and you are a dirty, dirty cheater! Very Happy

The biggest gripe I think I actually have is just with straight knifing of someone. From behind, I agree that it should be a one hit kill, but if I'm pumping bullets into you, no way should someone just be able to lunge forward and get an insta-kill. Simple enough to me, if someone is facing you, you have to do at least 1 point of damage, plus the knife strike. From behind, it should count as an assassination type of kill where only 1 hit is necessary.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 pm

i will constantly during a round say "fucking ghost" or "goddamn claymore" or "douchebag running around with the ...."

but in reality everything has a counter in black ops, if you dont want to die to claymores then use flak jacket and give up scavenger or whatever else you use as perk 1... in turn, that guy using the tactical insertion is giving up the motion sensor or claymore that you cannot play without... etc. etc
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:27 pm

I just fought fire with fire in MW2 (regarding cheap tactics). Towards the end I was either noobtubing the tubers or Marathon/Lightweight/Commando tac knifing them.

It was the code hacking and "challenge lobbies" that made me quit for good.
    Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:59 pm

I loved Marathon/Lightweight/Commando tac knifing in MW2, since it was my first online game i have no skills it was easy just to run around and knife people. You could get a knife kill from like 20' away, it was great. I was also the ass with the .50cal thermal scope and a shotgun that would not move the entire game. I would like to think that I have improved at least a little from that.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very shady tactic on HC HQ.    Very shady tactic on HC HQ.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Very shady tactic on HC HQ.
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next