Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Empty
PostSubject: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:38 pm

I don't know how many RPG enthusiasts we have here, but I've been a big fan since pen and paper and twenty-sided dice.

I simply cannot describe the awesomeness of this game, but I will say that this game is everything that games like Fable and Elder Scrolls tried to be. What is better about KoA when compared to those juggernaut franchises?

Writing: Kingdoms of Amalur was written by R.A. Salvatore (creator of Drizzt Do'Urden) and Ken Rolston, with creative and artistic contributions from Todd Friggin McFarlane (I know that's not his real middle name). What results is a cross between western fantasy RPG and heaven, with boobs mixed in.

The graphics are not the best (especially for the almost laughable enemy models), except in the background/setting and ambiance department, where I think they delivered an immersive world.

The sound really draws you into the world more with top-notch voice-acting. Unlike Fable games and Elder Scrolls games (yes, all of them) the people you will encounter in Amalur convey the proper emotions when they speak, whether fear, arrogance, stupidity, or authority, they just sound right.

The gameplay is where this game really shines though. The combat is as fast and responsive as it is in Fable games, but more balance in my opinion, because you can viably choose any abilities to suit your playstyle and not be gimped as a character. The combat in elder scrolls games is bad to begin with, so I will not compare the two in that area.

The menus and interfaces in KoA are MUCH more user friendly than the nightmare menu system presented in Skyrim, and features like collapseable menu items and "add to junk / sell all junk" makes navigating the boring part of the game easy and fast.

Getting long, but there's more;

Amalur is almost completely open world from the very beginning of the game. After fighting your way through the introduction/tutoriol part, you can immediately start exploring, gathering, collecting, and completing some dungeons. On one of my characters playthroughs, I was level 5 before I completed my first quest. On another, by level 5 I had already been given a house as a quest reward.

Play this fuckin game. Then thank Hammer.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 4:29 pm

how would you compare this game to say dragon age origins?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 pm

I thought the visuals were a bit more colorful in KoA, a bit more realistic in Dragon Age. I enjoyed alot about Dragon Age. The concept of having to begin the game multiple times to get all the different story lines was cool for me because I like to give a game multiple fresh runs.

In combat, there is no comparison at all. Dragon Age combat was clunky, and based around pausing to issue orders between your party. In Kingdoms, the combat is fast-paced (not a button masher either, you will do much better using tactics than hacking away) and there is plenty of opportunity to mix up your playstyle.

I feel like Kingdoms keeps me busier than any other RPG i've ever played. You are literally ALWAYS within sight of something you can fight, pick-up, destroy, gather, collect, unlock, or talk to. It's the reason my MW3 disk is cold.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:11 pm

I've played KOA: Reckoning, Skyrim, DA: O, DAII, and I like them all for different reasons.

The only drawback to KOA for me, was wandering around finding lorestones and doing the same type of fetch quests over and over. And lastly, fucking spiders popping out of the ground 24/7. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Games :: Other Games-
Jump to: