Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Empty
PostSubject: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:30 am

After playing some games tonight, someone asked how to get better. I know the general answer is "Play the game", and while that's true, if you just play the game mindlessly your progress will be very slow.

I'm far from the best CoD player out there, and coming from PC gaming to XBox 360 was a painful process. There are a few things I figured out through trial and error, and a few things friends helped me with. I figured we could use this thread for general tips/tricks, etc, to help all of us improve.

Turn on Auto-Center. Hit your Xbox button, then go to the settings. In settings, hit A on profile, then choose Game Defaults. In game defaults, choose Action, then make sure Auto Center is turned on. This supposedly reduces recoil in game.

For general aim improvement, go to Combat Training. Choose your map and make it a 1v6 with the bots on recruit level. What you're going to do is set your controller sensitivity 2 higher than you normally play on, and then turn Target Assist off. You want to concentrate on ensuring your reticle is centered on your target BEFORE you aim down your sights. Once this becomes second nature you'll notice that you win a lot more of those surprise gunfights. *SPECIAL NOTE* DO NOT forget to turn Target Assist back on. I went through a week of just absolutely sucking before I remembered to check it.

Don't stand still while in a gunfight unless you're behind very good cover. Always strafe to the left or right, especially if you're using a SMG. SMGs main advantage are their mobility, so standing still, aiming down sights, and trying to kill your target before they kill you doesn't work all that well.

This one is personal preference, but I use the Tactical button layout. Being able to use the right stick to duck behind cover or dropshot is far more useful to me than panic knifing.

If you're trying to get better, set a goal for a play session and stick to it. Examples would be "I'm going to use Steady Aim while I get better at centering my crosshairs before I aim down sight." or "I'm going to use 3-4 shot bursts on every medium or long ranged target instead of going full auto and praying I kill them."

There's a few from me. Share your tips!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:10 am

Eat your Wheaties.

Stop Masturbating (as much)

Slow down your game. Turn the sensitivity to 1 or 2 and then practice lurking or creeping. This makes it so you will see the guy before he sees you. It also forces you to anticipate where the bad gus will be and not react to where then are when they are shooting at you.

Use cover. Duck behind things. Relaod while on your stomach behind something. Work on exposing as little of yourself as possibel when shooting. I do pretty decent on Summit using this rule. Lots of plaes to dig in like a tick and use the environment to your advantage to make up for the lack of aiming prowace.

Focus on small parts of the map and not the whole thing. IMHO opinin if you learn one spot you can get a feel for the flow of the game. When peope spawn, where they go, when they get there. Again you are anticipating and not reacting.

What do you look like in the killcam? Yeah, dont do that again. For me I am standing out in the middle of the road. Yeah, not cool.

Play with people who are better than you. Watch their match in the Theater mode.

Donate time or money to a charitable organization that helps people who are less frtunate than you.

Hug a kitten.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 am

I always recommend starting out by placing a vinyl circle the size of a dime in the center of the tv for a while so you can learn point of aim much quicker.

Play alot of objective based games to start with becuase the flow of the game is generally repeatable and easier to get into.

Sensitivity of the controller is very player specific. Some players murder at a 1 and other murder at a 10 and some like me muddle along at 2 or 3. Try them all until you find a comfortable setting.

Single shot weapons like the FAL will teach you to slow down and aim before firing which improves your aim and shot skills. FULL auto LMG like the M60 will train you how to manage recoil and teach you to use 3-5 round bursts.

Take a shower and brush your teeth. You will play better when you feel better. I will occasioanlly rent a tuxedo for special COD nights when I really want to do well.

Contrary to Mr. Winicotts advice I recommend chronic, furious masturbation as a means to improving hand coordination and reflex speed.

That is all I can think of right now. Best of luck to you all.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:48 am

If you tend to loose a lot in 1 vs 1 I suggest to play a lot of wager matches. This will help you to improve your survival. My preffered game modes are sharpshooter/gungame. You'll learn to use different weapons etc. The other 2 are great to practice guns/hawks etc. You also get money to buy new pretty things!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 am

I'll echo the theatre mode. How do great teams prepare for other great teams? Film study. Watch your opponents, especially the really good ones. In doing so, learn the maps and how very good players utilize them to get good scores. You will see alot of predictability in avenues of traffic on certain maps and how certain players will attempt to lock down a particular area of the map rather than just run around aimlessly in search of kills. Alot of these players who score well do so because they anticipate where you are going and what route you are taking to get there and essentially trap you in your own making.

I've watched alot of killcams of me dying sitting there scratching my head wondering how the heck my opponents knew where I would be and eventually I understood. They assumed I was a typical player and I was. They also knew I likely wasn't communicating with my teammates (which will be my next main point) since I repeated the mistakes of my fellow average players and got suckered into the return to revenge death as well. Watching these games in theatre mode showed me that there were exploitable gaps in the defense of my opponents that I just failed to recognize and adapt to. I also felt very lured into many deaths.

And my next most important way to be better.....communicate with your team. If you see a guy taking a route and have no shot call it out. If you die, call out the location of your killer. If you see equipment using hacker such as a motion sensor, sam turret or sentry gun....call it out. Don't let your teammates walk into needless deaths when knowledge alone would be the edge they need. Communicating can also allow your team to develop a strategy of attack. Rather than 4-6 heads working independent and anonymous of each other, work as a team. With the combined knowledge of your teammates you can bring strength to the opponent's weakest points and break up their plans. Nothing is more enjoyable than seeing a team of players used to winning because of a single strategy get turned inside out and on their heels because someone has figured out how to counter their tried and true method.

And oh yeah....save the masturbation for during the connection lapses in the game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:08 am

For me all combat training did was piss me off. Recruit they are way to retarded and on Veteran they can smell you no matter where you go. Getting sniped through a house with an acog Wa2000 is just dumb. For me I just got in the game and slowed down my gameplay. You need to find out if you're a rusher or just like to creep around the map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:15 am

Many great points.

I'll add a simple one even though it goes against my retarded chicken with its head cut off approach...

Don't chase red dots on the mini map.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:11 pm

lumm0x wrote:

I've watched alot of killcams of me dying sitting there scratching my head wondering how the heck my opponents knew where I would be and eventually I understood. They assumed I was a typical player and I was. They also knew I likely wasn't communicating with my teammates (which will be my next main point) since I repeated the mistakes of my fellow average players and got suckered into the return to revenge death as well. Watching these games in theatre mode showed me that there were exploitable gaps in the defense of my opponents that I just failed to recognize and adapt to. I also felt very lured into many deaths.

Some very true advice there...it's so hard to say no to revenge killing. You just know some ass is sitting in his mom's basement laughing at your feeble attempts. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Play slowly. You're gameplay speed will increase with time but to get acquainted with weapons and tactics just play slowly. You don't have to constantly be persuing an opponent to be doing your job in the game, you can simply just sit there and watch a point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 pm

I have a revenge class for special occasions. Galil with Pipe, RPG, and Nova Gas for good measure.

It is so hard for me to resist revenge killing a camper...I wish you could change KS on the fly. Bitch buggies would be nice to flush out campers, I just don't like how long it takes to get a kill with them under normal circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:20 pm

When I first started playing MW2 I sucked hard. My first five games was like 0-to many before my first kill and only got worse from there until I slowed my game play down. Now I patrol and camp areas when in Dom and HQ. Bitch buggies are good one for campers like myself. Don't chase either it always back fires for me at least.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:35 pm

I like to rush around but if u rush u need to have purpose. U must know the spawns and adapt to the enemy. If u realize u are running into two or three guys moving together u should flank them. Stick to the edges of the map. NEVER run through the middle. If u have an smg. Use your weapon to your advantage if u have an smg try to keep to close quarter combat situations. Don't run down long hallways without flash or stun the area first these are equipment to be used to ur advantage. If u are camping a point or "defending an area" use a claymore or motion sensor I prefer claymores because they may not always get the kill but u will see the x mark on ur screen when someone trips it or hear. "They have destroyed ur equipment". This will give u a heads up of enemy location. Play to your style, rusher, assault, sniper. The best thing is find a weapon the feels good to you. Manageable recoil, fire rate, mobility. If u like to rush the m60 is not for you! Don't stare at the mini map but be aware of where players are which goes to map awareness if u hear a sniper and see the dot in a particular direction u need to know where he is especially if it is a popular camp spot. If u r not running ghost carry a strella or law with u to shoot down KS and uav.

I play to have fun and winning and doing well is fun! Losing is for losers which is not the way of the 30!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:38 am

Get in close, shoot at the groin as you run toward the enemy then stab them straight in the face for the killer blow.

Or alternatively pull the pin out of a frag grenade and run into the enemy spawn shouting Jihad durk ah dur!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:05 am

or you can just play the game endlessly and just get so fucked off with it that you just chuck it in the bin.

simples

bomber
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 am

I find try and use different wepons so you dont get used to a certain recoil or sighting technique, as they are all different.
I have tried the traing and that is just awful, found myself wosre at the game than when i started.
Just watch other players and try and aquaint your self with the maps : )

I found Domination was the best for improving score and map awareness.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:36 am

beckvillebird wrote:
If u r not running ghost carry a strella or law with u to shoot down KS and uav.

This should be clan law actually.

The only time I don't carry a launcher is when I'm using a sniper rifle or my Scavenger Pro class with tomahawks and ballistic knife. Even my silenced weapon / Ghost classes run launchers. What good does a pistol do me?
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:23 am

When I first started this game was uter poo I was worse then the target dummys!

I found these helped me:

1. Use the same gun (means you know how it re-acts when firing)
2. Watch the kill cams, see how they killed u (ie hiding spots)
3. Get to know the lie of the land.
4. Use perks which help u in X game type. (ie dom FJ, CTF Marthon as examples)
5. Be paranoid THERE IS SOMEONE BEHIND YOU!
6. If playing with randoms never take it that they will cover or help or infact play the game so be prepared to do it all.
7. Use the equipment so if you have flash grenades use them no good to you if your DEAD. Same for frag or semtex.
8. Build tatics up to suit your play style, stuff which will work for you wont work for everyone.

so nothing new from what everyone else has said.

I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma.
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:27 am

carlmuir wrote:
beckvillebird wrote:
If u r not running ghost carry a strella or law with u to shoot down KS and uav.

This should be clan law actually.

The only time I don't carry a launcher is when I'm using a sniper rifle or my Scavenger Pro class with tomahawks and ballistic knife. Even my silenced weapon / Ghost classes run launchers. What good does a pistol do me?

I have one class with a rocket and it's on my only ghost class, I will swap to this if no-one else is shooting it down. I love my pistol, but there again I have recently become a fan of SC it does realy piss ppl off. love it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 am

And if u don't run ghost and don't have a strella or law STAY INSIDE! Don't just feed the enemy kills. With their air support!
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:12 am

beckvillebird wrote:
And if u don't run ghost and don't have a strella or law STAY INSIDE! Don't just feed the enemy kills. With their air support!

I hardly ever stay inside unless I am going in to kill a enermy else I am on the move, using your mini map you can easyly move around and not get shot from attack helicopters and chopper gunners. The only problem air support is the huey and they get shot 99% before there on the map.

So in that 1% I will swap to kill it then swap out again.

Or I will just let the sam turrent do it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:26 am

beckvillebird wrote:

Feeding kills is only a problem in TDM. KS kills don't do a thing for objective games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:34 am

Yes true but if ur continuing to get spawn killed u r no good to the team and I mean move from building to building or cover to cover not run in the open hell I'm not gonna just sit in a corner and wait for the chopper to leave the map. Maybe I wasn't completely clear LOL
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 am

beckvillebird wrote:
Yes true but if ur continuing to get spawn killed u r no good to the team and I mean move from building to building or cover to cover not run in the open hell I'm not gonna just sit in a corner and wait for the chopper to leave the map. Maybe I wasn't completely clear LOL

hehe got you Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:53 am

beckvillebird wrote:

Running out in the open is bad? Crap...I wish I had known this months ago. I'd be a 20th prestige by now... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 11:08 am

Remember its tips for the "average gamer". I find it useful to shoot a few bullets as soon as I spawn just to let the enemy know where I am. Just to give them a fighting chance!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty   Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ways to improve your skill level in Call of Duty
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next