Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Stray dog found

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:31 am

So on Sunday morning my wife wakes me up crying and presents a dog that came up to her while she was walking our German Shepherd female. He's got not collar and is skin and bones, she is really upset by his condition. So we take him in for the night, and she's taking him to the vet today to get scanned/checked out. He knows how to sit, down, and is fixed so he's had handlers at some time. He's also incredibly laid back and seeking comfort and love.

He's also HUGE. I've never seen anything like it before. He may be a wolfdog, but I'm not sure. I'm 6'2", and when I'm sitting in my recliner and he's sitting down next to me, we're at eye level. But he doesn't seem to have any Great Dane in there. Anyone got any guesses as to his breeding? (NOTE: his condition is terrible, he has been starved/neglected so prepare yourself for these images)

Also, my flag was on the couch after just being folded because I took it down due to an impending rain, I don't leave it there. But BigBoy came down to check things out so I took some time for a picture.

Stray dog found 2012-06-17_10-47-17_456
Stray dog found 2012-06-17_10-47-27_14
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:43 am

Aww Sad he looks so hungry Sad
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:47 am

Certainly has the looks of a wolf-dog, but I've never seen one with such a short coat, unless, he was clipped recently, which is unlikely in his condition. I've also never seen an all-white one.

Good on you and your wife for taking him in at least temporarily and trying to get him rehabilitated.

+1

Given his size and slender build, he could have Irish Wolfhound in there. I hope all goes well with the poor guy. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 am

I'm gonna have to say that he looks like a good portion of a white German Shepherd mixed with something else. I've seen a few of them as patients. The head structure and ears definitely scream more Shepherd or Wolf-hybrid than Irish Wolfhound. Hopefully all it is is in need of some deworming and good nutrition but might want to check him over for kidney disease or diabetes.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:14 pm

My wife took him to the vet today and they said he was 5-7 years old, wolf-hybrid, and non-chipped. They also said if we took him to a shelter he'd get euthanized in 24 hours because of his lineage.

Good news: a little while ago wife called me to say a woman left her a message saying she was the owner. I am optimistic that she is, but I'm apprehensive as well, because if she is responsible for the dog's condition I might have to read her the riot act.

I have never run across such a sweet-natured giant like this, and I miss him already. Here's hoping there's a non-Travolta styled happy ending.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:44 pm

Prolly a wolf dog mixed with White GSD. I would call the ASPCA and have her fined for the dog's condition. If she is allowed to retain the dog, she will have to prove he is being kept in a manner conducive for him to thrive. At least you'll know that she won't just continue to starve the poor guy. You're better off abusing humans than animals in this country...they'll toss your ass in jail right quick.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:20 pm

FBD wrote:

You're better off abusing humans than animals in this country...they'll toss your ass in jail right quick.

This comment is disturbingly accurate.

Sorry to hear you had to give the big guy back. Sounds like you were attached. If it does not work out let the lady know that you can take care of him (if you can)
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Quote: So on Sunday morning my wife wakes me up crying and presents a dog....

I've been in that situation many times (the one crying about a dog). I'm always coming across stray dogs Very Happy My only child is one of them.....

Once I was driving in my neighborhood & saw 2 dogs running down the street that were chained together with about 10' of chain between them so I stopped & put them in my Jeep (& unchained them of course). I took them home & called the humane society & got the phone # of the owner which lived around the corner from me so I took them home & those 2 dogs did NOT want to get out of my Jeep. I opened the side door & they both went as far back into the car as they could...I cried as soon as I left.

Some people should not have dogs or children...we don't always know the whole story but I would be heart broken to have to give that dog back.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm

8i would have just kept him anyway. As malnourished as he was, there is no way the owner would have gotten him back.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I agree with dog i wouldnt of given the dog back i would find a way to take care of it
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Gotta agree with FBD...I'd alert the local ASPCA so they start doing checkups on this lady. Sucks that he had to go back to a home that isn't doing the best for him.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm surprised that the person even wanted the dog back...I don't even like my (wife's) dogs, but I take good care of them. Alerting somebody about the condition of this guy would be a good idea...hopefully they can make sure the lady is taking better care of him.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 am

"epilogue" : The owner came to collect the dog (actually, a full-blood wolf, I was half right I thought he was a hybrid). His name is Apollo and FBD was right he had been shaved very recently, so it made his bones pretty prominent.

After meeting with owner and discussing his appearance, I believed her. The vet said he had been well cared for and did not find evidence of neglect and abuse, they estimated he was perhaps 10 pounds underweight. When we fed him, he did not scarf down food at all, he just kind of ate at a leisurely pace which indicated he was not literally starving. He was indeed a picky eater (refusing a milk bone at one point).

He was quite happy to see her. But my wife and I were sad to see him go, she cried a lot yesterday.

My German Shepherd was ecstatic to see him leave, as she is quite jealous and clingy. She practically gave him the finger and said "Happy Trails, motherfucker."
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:55 am

Hopefully all will be well...thanks for the update.

When I was a kid we had an Old English Sheepdog that my dad would clip in the summer, and he looked like a malnutritioned Greyhound without the hair, so perhaps the owners story is true.

We can hope.
Back to top Go down

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:42 pm

good to hear...
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 4:40 pm

I don't know too much about dogs but the long neck has to be an identifier of some sort. The vet should help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stray dog found Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray dog found   Stray dog found Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray dog found
Page 1 of 1