Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

New guy posts...ad nauseum

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New guy posts...ad nauseum Empty
PostSubject: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 pm

I know I'm a notorious dick, but am I the only one growing tired of seeing the endless wave of New Guy from Indiana/Ohio/NY/Texas/etc posts?

I like to hit the "View posts since last visit" and inevitably have to sift thru 25 FNG posts every day. I don't click on them, and if I did, I'd see the same "welcome, add me, blah, blah..."

Perhaps we should either close the borders for a while or just make a sticky changing the policy for all the same redundant new guy posts. Tell them to sign up, send PMs to start compiling their 30FL, and just assimilate.

It's like going to an AA meeting every day here.

FNG: "Hi, I'm John, and I'm a codaholic."

Everyone: "Hiiiii, Johnnnn."

If I'm out of line just say so, because I can take it. I am still the King Prick around here and need to assert my dickishness fro time to time...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:16 pm

Ill be honest here so mods and dave dont take offense. Im not a fan of zerginess. I think there are WAYYYYY to many people here. Thats my personal opinion. I rarely say anything much anymore because all it is people complaining and whining because it is hard to have this many minds going at once and tempers and attitudes flare. I dont even send out F/R anymore because quite honestly after I see that person that one time chances are I wont see them again. Just my view on things anyways
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 pm

I have no idea what zerginess means, but I think you are in favor of lifting the drawbridge for a while...

In which case I fully support you!

Lift the drawbridge, close the gate, man the turrets IMO.

Invite people in when you stumble across them if they seem cool. I've found some good, active guys that way. It's responsible vetting. Open borders let too many people in, and as Vegas stated, you play with them once, and probably never hear from then again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:52 pm

I don't mind the new guy posts. In fact it means they are being proactive and posting on the forum so they are making an effort to be part of the clan. Unfortunately many drop off the radar after that first post or stop being active and that is the issue.

I too don't send out friend requests anymore, but that is becuase my roster is full and everybody on there I play with. I don't think closing the border is the best thing because we were founded on a open clan basis. I do agree that a little more vetting/trial period with a sponsor to ensure they are actually going to play with the clan regularly and exhibit the type of behavior we want to encourage here should be done.

Hopefully all the mods can chime in and give their opinions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 pm

There are 10 new threads right now on the recent posts under Introductions...The volume of FNGs is just out of control lately. Vetting/sponsoring...something to qualify the new guys is necessary.

Where is Fred Thompson when you need him.

"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it."

New guy posts...ad nauseum Fred-thompson-hunt
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:43 pm

I skip the new guy threads also, to be honest my friend list is probably down to about 40 right now. If I never play with people I delete them, havent added too many of the new guys because you never know how long they will be around. As far as out of control well maybe but I am just too laid back to care and one of the things that I really liked in the beginning was the open door, only way I would have been alowed in.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:07 pm

I don't plan on closing the doors at the momment. I can't hate on the new guys for doing what I have asked them to do in the intro PM. I'm actually glad that these newer guys can read and follow instructions. The scrolling recents post area is a perk of the site. I can shut it off and force you to actually brouse the forums. Lol

New guys will continue to show up, but you don't have to send invites out. Just wait until BLack Ops 2 comes out then the flood gates will open. I have made room for several of them of my PS3 list. I deleted 200 accounts from the forums yesterday of people that haven't made a post in a while or haven't visited the forums in 90 days.

Since I have started playing on the Xbox side everyone is new to me and I am to them. It has been quite pleasant and I have enjoyed getting to know those that I have played with. It has been a nice change for me for the time being. As many people as we have here, we have had just a handful of bad apples. Most of the new guys will play with new guys or play within their rosters.

I don't want to exclude anyone just because you don't like seeing the posts on the forum. Most of the older members have no room for new people, or don't care to meet new people and that is ok. Remember when you were new?

Its all about people meeting new mature gamers and not playing with randoms. This will continue to happen even if you personally don't ever add another new guy.

And yes you still are a prick. Very Happy

Even if there is 100,000 people in the clan and on the forums you will still play with the same people that you have always played with + or - a handful of gamers. But tons of other people will have made new friends and get to enjoy The Over30Clan just as you have. So what does it matter if there is a continuous flo of new bloods, or if some topics get repeated because the Search do-dad doesn't work on the site.

Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:04 pm

I've only been with the clan since December but at times i feel like i'm a long term clannie. while it gets a little busy getting guys added to a roster. i still like seeing the interest we generate being a group of old guys who can kick some ass. Sunday night vassago and were playing 2vs 2 and ran against a random who was 46. he thought it was nice to get away from the snot nosed brats. i do think a random"probation" period might be a good thing but don't like the idea of closing the doors.
Back to top Go down
Repo_Dog

Repo_Dog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 109

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:35 am

agree with yeti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:36 am

The1UrLookin4 wrote:

Even if there is 100,000 people in the clan and on the forums you will still play with the same people that you have always played with + or - a handful of gamers. But tons of other people will have made new friends and get to enjoy The Over30Clan just as you have. So what does it matter if there is a continuous flo of new bloods, or if some topics get repeated because the Search do-dad doesn't work on the site.

I was actually agreeing with FBD and even felt we could consider banhammerin' the roster down to a smaller number like the "old days".

Then I read Dave's post.

I've added a few of the newer guys recently who might not even be considered new like Btmac, D17whateverbunchofnumbers and a few others who play when I'm on but my friends list is nearing fullness and I can't/won't add every new over 30 FNG.

But basically we have brought a bunch of other people together and they share their friends lists with each other.

And yes FBD, you are a douche.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 am

WISC-YETI wrote:
I've only been with the clan since December but at times i feel like i'm a long term clannie. while it gets a little busy getting guys added to a roster. i still like seeing the interest we generate being a group of old guys who can kick some ass. Sunday night vassago and were playing 2vs 2 and ran against a random who was 46. he thought it was nice to get away from the snot nosed brats. i do think a random"probation" period might be a good thing but don't like the idea of closing the doors.

This was my thought on how to recruit. Find guys online that "get it" and invite them in, rather than just leaving it wide open. If everyone is special then none of us are.

As it stands right now, the only requirement for entry is that your dad slipped one past the goalie before 1982, and even that gets bent sometimes.

It just seems like there should be a nomination/validation process. Anyone can apply, but until you can be verified by playing with some established members you're in limbo. Besides, it would save the work of having to cleanse the ranks every few months of hundreds of phantom members.

Dave, my gripe wasn't about the functionality of the site, (the site works just fine) it was the culmination of seeing 15 new guy threads a day for the past week. I just threw an opinion out there, and you've all basically told me to STFU so I will.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sitting on the back porch with a shotgun keeping the damn kids off my lawn.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:56 am

Even if I told you to STFU it was a kind hearted one. Smile Everyone's opinion is valid and wanted. The problem is that 1/3 of the members may feel the way that you do and another 1/3 feel the way that I do, and yet another 1/3 are indifferent.

I think that a validation program or trial membership will be too much trouble to manage. Who would do it? I don't have the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:46 am

I think the "recruit" process works just fine as is. We play with someone and if they stand out like a sore thumb *cough* redballs69 *cough* then they're booted.

On a general platform we're all like minded thats why were here and play this POS game together LOL. Don't hate on the new guys. Not saying you gotta cater to them either. Spending so much time dwelling on it probably goes agianst your therapist's recommendation anyhow...I know it is mine jocolor

I see it as all the more opportunity to find cool people to play ANY game with not just COD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy posts...ad nauseum   New guy posts...ad nauseum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy posts...ad nauseum
Page 1 of 1