Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Share | 

ps3 controller?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ninjesmurf

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 39

PostSubject: ps3 controller?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Past couple days I've noticed my left analog stick keeps getting stuck in the forward postion what do I need to do to fix this buy a new controller or is there a fix for it?

If I saw you first , You were already dead

Back to top Go down
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9f8w5vIONjs38Vmbw0Nyw

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 pm

You could try taking taking it apart and cleaning it out. Check you tube for videos.

"If it doesn't work already, you can't break it more."

My dad always told me that and it's served me well in figuring out how stuff works and how to fix it.
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Well I must be alittle heavy on the run stick .looking around online I found replacement analog sticks which are ps2 /ps3 compatible .I still have extra ps2 controller so I took the ps3 controller apart and had worn a groove in the stick . Replaced it with a donor from ps2 , no more sticky stick .

Back to top Go down
mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 am

Ur my hero Ninjesmurf!!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:21 am

I posted that I needed a controller on the BUY SELL TRADE about this. Mine sticks forward all the time, I end up blowing myself up with semtex's all the time. I'm gonna pull mine apart right now and switch out with PS2 joystick. I got plenty of them for when I used to have a job...
Back to top Go down
Denar

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:16 pm

lol, Rellek17 yes I think it's time to fix that controller..I don't think there are any emblems or titles for most suicides...

BTW, I heard there are modded controllers out there that improve your movements or firing rates. Anyone hear about those? I would be more interested in seeing what if any difference it. Obviously I am not an advocate of cheating.. just curious on this matter.
Back to top Go down
mwhop78

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 57

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:28 pm

Denar wrote:
lol, Rellek17 yes I think it's time to fix that controller..I don't think there are any emblems or titles for most suicides...

BTW, I heard there are modded controllers out there that improve your movements or firing rates. Anyone hear about those? I would be more interested in seeing what if any difference it. Obviously I am not an advocate of cheating.. just curious on this matter.

Look at the Scuf controller. It is the only one that is legal for tourney use according to MLG. All the rest have cheating mods, ie rapid fire or other stuff. Scuf controllers just have hypersensitive triggers, the sticks are shaved to keep them from sticking, and they have paddles on the bottom thank can be alternatives to having to take ur thumbs off the sticks to hit the x and o buttons. I have one and love it. Biz and Audio also have them and like them (they are better with theirs too). I also think there is several other 30's that have them. They are expensive though. Depending on what u get on them they can run u between $110-$150. They will also mod a controller u send in for much less. Here is there site, check it out.

http://www.scufgaming.com/usa/

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:39 pm

I ended up having to take a dremel tool and round out the holes in the case just a bit ,smoothed out the edges because the ps2 analogs sit a hair taller then the ps3s do .but after that they work fine .

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:48 pm

I cant count the number of ps3 controllers I have done this to. In fact I have 4 working sticks right now. And everyone of them has at least a 3-10 millimeter groove in the left stick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:50 pm

ninjesmurf wrote:
I ended up having to take a dremel tool and round out the holes in the case just a bit ,smoothed out the edges because the ps2 analogs sit a hair taller then the ps3s do .but after that they work fine .

Funny part is, I did the same thing. I have a black bottom stick with an island blue top from a ps2 stick. I had to shave off, two small plastic pieces around the r1 l1 buttons, but the thing works like a champ. One issue I did run into trying to make a couple, was that the slim dual shock, and a package purchased dual shock, have a small piece of plastic near the analog light, that 1 has and one doesn't, depending on when they were both purchased.
\
So be aware of this when trying to fix them. It can be snapped off, but then the ps button likes to take a dump if you dont do it correctly.
Back to top Go down
Denar

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:27 pm

WEll I got my Scuf Game Controller. It looks very cool, it took forever to charge too, so not sure if the battery i better or not. The sticks are smooth as silk and the other buttons seem about the same as a normal 1. The extra paddles seem really stiff too, but I think I cna adjust those. I had a couple nice moves where I got on the ground quick and made a sweet Shot! But it takes time to get used to for sure. Very cool controller none the less. Thanks again mwhop78!
Back to top Go down
ninjesmurf

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah those grooves are the problem .it takes me about a month to develop and then they stick in the forward postion . Already starting again . Maybe I play to much or to hard.

Back to top Go down
miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 am

I bought a cheater controller recently. Genius mod rapid fire from amazon. I can say that it has made the game more enjoyable and I don't feel like I am cheating. It does quite a few things but I mainly use quick reload and rapid/burst fire. Little tricky setting up since it has so many different fire modes.

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 am

I didnt think those were allowed
Back to top Go down
miggilly

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 5

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:01 am

Maybe not for competition but grwat for killing noobs cheers

PostSubject: Re: ps3 controller?   

Back to top Go down

ps3 controller?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1