Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Request to join: under 30

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Request to join: under 30 Empty
PostSubject: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:47 am

Hello everyone. My name is Devin, I am from southwest Arkansas (US). I'm a recent college graduate, currently working as an ED RN. I'm interested in joining a clan that isn't about kiddos bragging about kd's or whining. I'm 22 years old, but I believe everyone would have a good time playing with me. I'm not a "pro" (kd around 1.1) and my w/l is terrible (.7), but I've only been playing with randoms, so I assume both will rise.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:20 am

Bear,

We have several members over 26 and under 30. 22 by far would be the youngest person on all the rosters. The KD doesn't mean much to us. We have several under 1 and several over 1. The fact is that even though you may be mature you do not meet the minimum age or meet the secondary minimum age of 26. If I let you join at 22 others will follow and I have turned down many people age 21-25.

However I have been thinking about adding a future 30 division for those not quite old enough. The thing is that everyone wants mature gamers to play with, and everyone wants to get away for playing in random lobbies. I know how you feel completely. Let me think some more.

Last edited by The1UrLookin4 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:34 am

Well that's an interesting idea... If you're gonna have a "Think Tank" on this issue I would greatly enjoy being a part of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:48 am

How about 21+ division? I don't think anyone over 21 would want to be considered Jr. Just my .02.

But I agree, you have to draw the line somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:50 am

Defo not JR30...it even leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I just set that joke up...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 11:54 am

Wanna be 30 division geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:08 pm

No...No...let's be fair...we all understand the agony that is having to play with RanDumbs. I have respect for this guy coming to us and asking to join.

The concept of an 'under30clan' is intriguing, just curious as to how we would moderate it and mentor them in our philosophy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:29 pm

I know. I would belong in the over 30 but still childish division. And yes, welcome to the site Bear. I know well enough already that team play is alot more fun and successful than random matches which bring alot of frustration.

Hopefully something can be done to help out those who want to play a mature game without all the heavy performance oriented things you find on many under 30 clans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:54 pm

If a new division is created do you think a rule could be put in place so they need to run something special in there clan tag so we know they are a member of that division? We're not really strict on our clan tags so it might be a little hard to enforce.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:46 pm

I was part of a clan that did this very thing and the problem we ran into was if you cannot say no now to joining the clan, how are you going to say no when they try to join parties with the over 30 group? And they will try.

It eventually split the clan and those that stayed merged with the younger and the ones looking for a mature clan started their own.

I am not unsympathetic, however there are many "over 21" groups out there, but there are not that many "over 30" groups.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Prove that you are mature enough to be a 30 and that is fine with me. Last night we ran into a random in our lobby who was only 18 or 20, but was far more mature than even some people I have seen online that are over 30. He was willing to play as a team and do what was necessary to get the objective. These are all good qualities of a good 30 in my book. As long people don't say stupid crap and are down for playing as a team, then they are fine by me. There really isn't anything that stops mature sounding people from lying about their real age. At least this person is honest about his age, I do believe a sub usergroup would be necessary so that others could choose if they wanted to add them.

Oh well, My 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I think since this guy stepped up, came in here honest about his age, he could be accepted as an honorary >30<.. Give em a little probee time to see if he blends in.

+rep for the honesty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I can definitely understand maintaining the standards of your clan. I'm just looking for a good group to play with and actually have fun. As many of you know the random crowd is a frustrating bunch to play any objective based game modes with.
I'm down to play a couple hours 3-4 days a week, I typically play core domination/tdm/ground war (I've been liking express but the matchmaking seems glitchy).

There will be no hard feelings if you don't want me to join, I'll keep checking back to see what you decide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:44 pm

MANIC wrote:
Defo not JR30...it even leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I just set that joke up...)

This ones toooo easy..................But then I'd have to move this thread to NSFW section lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 6:13 pm

Over 30 is more of a maturity level than anything. Some 18 year olds are very mature. Heck, my 9 year old is more mature than most teens.

I don't object to playing with guys under 30 if they are cool, but as far as true clan membership, we have to draw the line somewhere. If not, we'll be a few thousand strong and we'll end up forming splinter groups/clans based on guys we have a good time playing with.

My advice to younger guys that want to play with us, would be to send out a few friend requests for starters. If I can only round up 4 clannies I have no objection to playing with younger guys that "get it." If we need your space to get some of our regulars into a lobby, we'll explain and you can back out and perhaps find another group that has room.

I'd rather play a match with 4 clannies and 2 younger guys that are mature than 2 randumbs. Also, make sure you have a mic. That's pretty much mandatory to be a good teammate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:30 pm

this is where i would hate to be the1, this decision would be hard to make, maybe like FBD said tell him to send out some friend requests and maybe have a "trial by fire" so to speak, and see how he performs with some of the members........but ultimately this is not my decision just know whatever is decided i support the1's decision.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm

As of now your membership has been denied. I myself don't have a problem playing with you, but I think we do need to maintain our age group restriction. It's really been the only guildline that we have had since the beginning. It has been bent several times, but in this case your age is a lil lower than I would like it. Thanks for considering us. I know that you'll find your place somewhere.

On a further note. PS3 side of the over30clan is now on lock down. No new members are being accepted for Black Ops (There may be some exceptions made). This however does not mean that we have stopped recruiting for the Xbox or any other games. I will not add anyone to the PS3 usergroups for BO unless they old members with new forum accounts or id there registration date is after today. If you are redistered now consider yourself in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request to join: under 30   Request to join: under 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Request to join: under 30
Page 1 of 1