Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Future 30 Division?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we open a future 30 division for mature gamers not quite of age?
Yes
Future 30 Division? Vote_lcap26%Future 30 Division? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
No
Future 30 Division? Vote_lcap61%Future 30 Division? Vote_rcap
 61% [ 14 ]
Unsure
Future 30 Division? Vote_lcap13%Future 30 Division? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

Future 30 Division? Empty
PostSubject: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:04 pm

Should we open a future 30 division for mature gamers not quite of age? Everyone wants mature people to play with and who can blame them? They could eventually act as their own faction within the website. Questions? Commments? Concerns? Ready set go!!

Again I remind you. Everyone is in control of their own friend lists.

Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:58 pm

I think if you do they will just mesh together and your other question today will have answered itself.

I know nothing about setting up a website but why not use this one as a template and open a new one called the twentys or something. It could be a sister club and would be good for playing matches against.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:20 pm

I think it's a fantAstic idea worth looking into indeed

A few ideas in no particular order:
1. Heavy moderation and mentoring for a set Time period
2. No cross traffic in the forums to stop confusion
3. Pictures of their sweet and tender girlfriends are required
4. Probationary time till they understand our root philosophy
5. Strict following of our rules of conduct
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Manic has some good points there. If you would happen to make a sister site for them maybe some of the 30 members should be MOD's for them as opposed to them being their own MOD's. Almost like a probationary situation. With exception to Rule #3 Manic's chain of conduct looks ideal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:30 pm

MANIC wrote:

It smacks of effort.

I agree.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:33 pm

There is a girl who joins us online called amy who would probably like to join and would pull a few in with her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:55 pm

If anything it would be interesting to see how for our "Brand" can go...
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Manic that's kind of how I look at x30x now as a brand and a community. We are still a clan but we are much more also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:06 pm

We are casual about pretty much everything and we have a great group here. 30 + is one thing that, in my opinion, we do need to keep in tact. We have a terrific group and I understand others wanting to join the likes of us, but I just would hate to see the floodgate open.

A sister site/clan is a great idea and I would enjoy some friendly matches against them.

Couldn't drive until I was 16, vote or drink beer until 18, join the clan unless I was over 30.

Them's the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Who has the time to do all of that policing, mentoring, etc?

Why not pour that time in the members we have already?

I hear the better players saying they want us newer players to learn the ropes more. Well how is taking on this enormous task going to give the better players time to help the newer players?

We have a poll asking if the membership should be locked on the PS side and it is overwhelmingly being voted for locking.
That should tell you that the members want more game play with people they know and enjoy.

The very thing that is the strength of the clan is the maturity and closeness from a small group, therefore the comradarie we feel when playing in games together.

The number of EXISTING clans for younger players vastly outnumbers the number of clans for people over 30. Why reinvent the wheel?

Mentor them? Do you think gaming will be the same in 10 years when they are ready to join? Do you really plan on investing 10 years of your life until they are old enough to join the "over 30"?
Because by doing this you are telling them that you will mentor them until they are old enough to join the over 30.
That is a long commitment.

So either you plan on investing a huge amount of your life into them or this is just an ego-trip.

See Fran, that cannot be me because my mouth is not zipped. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 pm

ooh I am all tingly, I think I have a new friend and he is a sailor boy. Do me a favour send me some photos of you in your whites, I'd say you were cute and cuddly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:37 pm

Maybe a good thing to try, considering the The1's other post of the 30 getting to large at least on the PS3 side of things. Let them in a smaller group here to start and find the ones that would fit as leaders almost like ranks itself from there as said above some of the us could be the Mod's over them keeping tabs and making sure that after their own site or spot in here is taking care of and not abused...Manic had several good points that should be as LAW per say..I think it would be smart to at least try with a small group of 30 to start and after a time expand beacuse the OG 30 or the one's that have showed stepping up to leadership status..would require less Mod from us and they could feel more like their own group not a shadow of the 30. It's would be great to have inter clan matches with them as a training tool too us and them as we grow together. The1 if this happens let me know in anyway I can help...
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:39 pm

We don't have to police them. We don't have to moderate them. They would be their own identity (with their own moderators) with a place here on the website to chat, and in the event of them turning 30 they could join x30x if they wanted.

Usergroups control everything. I can set what user groups see what forums and are able to participate. Its just a few clcks and it's done. I could stop traffic in between the x20x forums and the x30x forums just like I do with the Dirty 30 usergroup. I can make it where x30x has access to x20x and not visa versa. And then we could also have a common grounds area for everyone..

I'm just throwing ideas. I want this site to grow. I just don't know if x30x for Black Ops needs to grow any more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:45 pm

The1UrLookin4 wrote:
We don't have to police them. We don't have to moderate them. They would be their own identity (with their own moderators) with a place here on the website to chat, and in the event of them turning 30 they could join x30x if they wanted.

Usergroups control everything. I can set what user groups see what forums and are able to participate. Its just a few clcks and it's done. I could stop traffic in between the x20x forums and the x30x forums just like I do with the Dirty 30 usergroup. I can make it where x30x has access to x20x and not visa versa. And then we could also have a common grounds area for everyone..

I'm just throwing ideas. I want this site to grow. I just don't know if x30x for Black Ops needs to grow any more.

That all sounds good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:01 pm

The1 you are the boss, this is your baby so it's really up to you because as most people have said already their friend lists are full or almost full so we will probably be playing with the same people over and over....so the way I see it is that the groups will be split into older members and newer members as we won't be able to add any of the newer members.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I kind of agree with Canis, While it would be neat to grow into the biggest clan ever, I don't think thats what anyone joined here for.

Here are a few issues I see
I understand we control our F.L., but we don't control our friends F.L. As our clan has swelled well past 100 members I no longer have room for them all. This leads to me seeing what appears to be a group of 4-5, but it's actually a full party. This would get worse with another 100 members we all don't have on our lists. If we open the floodgates, every 20 that joins in a 30 lobby would be effectively kicking one of us out.

Every 20 I accept a FR from would be removing a 30 from my list since I am full (many of us are)

The 20 would not start off with a full roster, so the new 20 members will start off playing with 30, once integrated it will be impossible to separate. We will be so co-mingled that the >30< won't mean anything anymore.

The larger we grow, the less 'family' like we will become. With exception of WC roster being a little light, I wouldn't be opposed to closing recruitment on the PS3. And while I want to share our greatness with everyone, I don't want it to get watered down to where we are a forum with a 1000 members and matchmaking threads. I like being able to know and play with almost everyone here. That's were our close knit community 'feel' comes from.
If we become to large, we will turn into a forum with a bunch of inside jokes between the vets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 7:17 pm

We made a few exceptions back in the day but...

No.

We are the OVER 30 clan.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 8:59 pm

carlmuir wrote:
We made a few exceptions back in the day but...

No.

We are the OVER 30 clan.

+1 agreed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:04 pm

I want to assume that the proposed idea for a under30 division would not necessarily co-mingle with the x30x but be an entity onto themselves. There is no harm in that at all. I don't see the pesky kids breaking the old guys stuff. We would be giving them a place to call their own...a haven for those folks to have a place that reflects our core values.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Dave-(Lookin)-

Why don't you get some enterprising young chap to lead a 20-30yo clan effort. They could be sort of a sister clan to us and we wouldn't have to compromise our boundaries. We could have friendly clan v clan matches, etc. They could be cut from the same cloth in regards to maturity level, no juvenille bs, kdr requirements, blah, blah, blah.

This sort of alliance would allow us to expand in theory without diluting our core of OGs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:57 pm

it will be similar to how it is now, you play with players in your time zone or specific user group, because they have similar interests and play the game around the same time you do, add who you want to your friends, play with who you want

i originally voted "no" but i think that this may not be all that bad of an idea

1) more members
2) more players online that share our same ideas of team-based games
3) less odd-man out or 7th man in a lobby
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 4:50 am

what youve said lookin makes perfect sense due, im happy to see the site grow and the x20x would just be a bunch of loonie kids just like the x30x are a bunch of loonie adults lol we are all here for the fun and come to the site as a reprieve .. the kids are the same.. if they are sensible enough to join a relaxed gaming clan and not a competitive then that speaks volumes to me ..

as you said not much at all will change to us so why not .. in for a penny in for a pound, thats what i say Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:33 am

@ shorty "if they are sensible" is the key phrase, i dont truly believe that your age defines maturity or sensibility, but i feel similarly the more the merrier, i am just glad i was able to join up before a cap is put on the psn side of things

everyone has an opinion on what to do and either way i support the 30s decisions
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:29 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
Dave-(Lookin)-

Why don't you get some enterprising young chap to lead a 20-30yo clan effort. They could be sort of a sister clan to us and we wouldn't have to compromise our boundaries. We could have friendly clan v clan matches, etc. They could be cut from the same cloth in regards to maturity level, no juvenille bs, kdr requirements, blah, blah, blah.

This sort of alliance would allow us to expand in theory without diluting our core of OGs.

No offense FBD...but isn't this how we started the discussion?

I'm a bit confused how everyone would think that the x20x would co-mingle with us (except for mentoring, modding, battles, etc) and interfere with our Friends List and Grumpy Old Man Club
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:42 am

I was just suggesting Dave pass along his wisdom to a 20 year old padawan so he doesn't have to admin 2 potentially large clans. I tend to think of a x20x clan as a feeder clan for x30x. Minor leagues, if you will...though they will probably be much better players. Quicker reflexes and all... They will need some seasoning to keep up with the banter in this dysfunctional crew. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future 30 Division?   Future 30 Division? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Future 30 Division?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next