Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Ps4 to xbox1 convert
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
    Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
    Google Ads

Dashboarding

Go down 
    AuthorMessage

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Ok, I am still not sure why people do this, but correct me if I'm wrong. Dashboarding is the act of quitting the game mid-match? Does this only work if you are the host? Does this basically just eliminate all records of that game ever being played?

Audio tried to explain it to me last night but I had a few too many Sam Adams Oktoberfests to fully comprehend.

If this is true, what is the reason for doing it? It's kind of a selfish thing to do, if you ask me. Some people may be having great games and you're eliminating their accomplishments. If someone would have dashboarded my 40-4 match on Drive in last night I would have probably smashed my controller and PS3...

Someone give me some clarification on this...

Thanks in advance.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Not sure how it works on PS, but for Xbox, you can hit start and opt to leave the game. If you are the host it tailspins the entire lobby into a host migration that occasionally crashes the match. If you are not the host then it just leaves your team down a player until someone else gets platooned into the match later.

As far as stats go, it counts as a loss and doesn't remove your previous game stats. If you went 1-10 before you bailed it still shows. Not sure why people do it. It just proves you are a weak player and ruin the game for others as well.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 1:36 pm

From what ive seen you keep your kills/deaths but there is no record of w/l and it will not show up on your recent games list. So if someone on your team does it you still get credit for your kills and such. Ill be honest ive done it 2 times in the 20 something days of play i have. Yeah you do have to be host for it to happen. The times i did it was cause i thought the enemy was cheating or glitching and i was so damn pissed. I dont care about being beat legit but wont stand for being beat by cheating.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:27 pm

I agree with Nixon if you think someone is cheating then I don't have a problem leaving a game or if you have a connection which it totally crap. From what I've seen if a 30 host wants to leave they'll check with the others first before bailing.

I do think these games show up in your recent games, but you have to wait for the game to end before it will be available.

Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 pm

I definitely leave games if I sense shenanigans. But my question was the difference between leaving the traditional way and hitting the PS button and quitting the game.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 3:46 pm

The X-Box main menu is called the dashboard, that is how this dirty trick gots its name. In pre vious CoD titles dashboarding would clear you stats whether you were host or not. Blops made an attempt to fix the exploit and as a result only the host has this power now. Dashboarding is quiting the game entirely not just the match (returning to your dashboard or XMB) or disconnecting your internet, so that the system has no time migrate host. If the host dashboards, all stats for everyone in the game are vaporized.

Last edited by SN0WR1DER on Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah if the host dashboards everything is lost but if not the host you're just down a player....if the host quits normally then you get host migration....I think!!!
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 5:14 pm

I cant imagine doing this if I was the host. I usually have great games when I'm the host, which is almost never.

It happened to me last night, but I'm not sure who the guilty party was.
    Back to top Go down
    JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:24 pm

Dashboarding is different than Quitting a game, and the only time I even try to dashboard is when getting spawn camped with no end in sight. K/D really doesn't matter, but games like 4-50 just aren't for me and I find doing this is my only chance at getting back at a spawn camper.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:16 am

I would never stick around long enough to go 4-50. I go 3-10 it's usually time to go.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 10:45 am

I rarely have seen dashboarding. The chronic dashboarders are those kids with outrageous win streaks. If you dashboard ie shut down the PS3 with a hard shut or pull the internet cable you keep your W/L record complete. The kills will affect your KDR though from in game. If you are host then the game will usually fail to migrate hosts and crash. That is my understanding of it.
    Back to top Go down

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 pm

BigDaddyN8 wrote:
    I rarely have seen dashboarding. The chronic dashboarders are those kids with outrageous win streaks. If you dashboard ie shut down the PS3 with a hard shut or pull the internet cable you keep your W/L record complete. The kills will affect your KDR though from in game. If you are host then the game will usually fail to migrate hosts and crash. That is my understanding of it.

I was curious about that awhile ago and made note of the number of losses I had, and then pulled the ethernet plug to see what happened. It did indeed hit me with another loss. It might not do that EVERY time, i'm not sure.

Sometimes it does erase everything though. I was in a game that I dashboarded after finishing the grenade throwbacks for my flakjacket pro perk (this was months ago). Mostly as a F.U. to some random who went 25-1 in the first 2 minutes of the game. However, even though i got the congrats message for fullfilling a perk requirement, i still had to toss back two more grenades and didn't have my pro perk. So it was really an F.U. to myself.

I'm more careful about it now, unless I have a real life emergency and need to shut everything down and run upstairs. I still do it ocassionally I must admit. Example:

yesterday, Demolition in Nuketown. My "teammates" decided to not actually defend the crate, but to camp BEHIND the house in corners and pick off guys that were running the outside allies. Half of them were laying on their stomachs in the lawn. They didn't go inside and of course the objectives were blown up.

Turn on mic....told them to go f themselves...shut off main power switch in back.

PTFO. Next.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

Dashboarding Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Dashboarding   Dashboarding Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dashboarding
    Page 1 of 1