Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Empty
PostSubject: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:26 pm

I've stopped prestiging so I've decided to work every gun up to the gold camo. I went thru all 31 excruciating weapon levels and got it to gold. It's terribly inconsistent! One match out of five, you can put down people in one or two bursts. The rest of the time, you might as well be shooting a BB gun. Don't even bother trying to win a CQB, keep your distance as much as possible and camp your ass off. Couldn't believe how many times I put a full 3-round burst and first bullet of the second burst point blank into someone just to walk thru all that and knife me. I know alot has to do with lag but it didn't seem that bad with the other 3-round burst weapon. I will NEVER use that gun again!
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 3:30 pm

Yep MW3 has made the M16 a POS. You should watch Drift0r's vid on Youtube (see below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GStinFetl1M
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:12 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Very true. A couple of us have taken this POS to level 31 for some unknown reason as the T95 is better in every way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:05 pm

It was way over powered in MW2, more so than the T95 is on MW3.

I think a few 30's run this however
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 pm

mw3 has bastardized the m16 - even in hardcore its terrible...it certainly is not the m16 i remember from blops where you add a silencer and red dot and you got insta sniper assault long shot city rifle in HC Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm

The Grail...

"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! 403935_10151096079489935_1384658412_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:52 pm

Congrats to those who have gotten it that far....I think I have 3 kills with it... Should finish the MP7 by this weekend then maybe do the SCAR, CM901, PP90M1, or M4A1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:08 pm

For some reason these unpopular guns are like lost puppies to me, I just have to try and give them a home. I decided to try and get the M-16 to gold this prestige. I have it at level 30.5 and I'm at level 78 or 79. Unfortunately, I didn't focus very well, and took a little detour with the UMP and that is level 30.3. I think I will be able to prestige before I get either gold. I just don't know if I will be stuborn enough to hold off pushing the button until I get the damn M-16 gold or not. Maybe it's a good enough reason not to prestige again at all.

I don't think it's that bad. I just can't run into more than one bad guy at a time. After I use the M-16, my usual standby, the MK14 feels AWESOME.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:12 pm

ProTip: Play HC Dom/HC modes if you want to gold guns faster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:23 pm

I think you just have to decide prestige or gold guns...

I have ALL AR's and every SMG except the PM-9 which is like level 20 right now

Also have the Striker and L86LSW...

you can only go full prestige and gold guns if you are jsavvy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Congrats Earl.

I think I was in a lot of those matches and my hat is off to for sticking with that gun.

Now, back to the LMG and some moabs?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:30 pm

The only thing I have found wrong with it, is the fact that you have no rail unless you put a sight on it. And they added that annoying piece of steel behind the iron sight, which takes up most of the screen. However, I do agree, it is certainly not the same M16 it was in (every) other game.... But hey, what do you expect from a piece of shit game. This is by far the worst online call of duty game of all time. And I say that knowing that I can log on, win, and have an amazing game. So my decision on this game being a piece of shit, has nothing to do with me crying cause I suck at it. The fact is, they turned it into halo... every map is a perfect square, and every area has bottle necks. This is the worst Call of Duty since before there was call of duty. And that M16 is just as shitty.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 10:40 pm

DealingTheDeathCard wrote:
The only thing I have found wrong with it, is the fact that you have no rail unless you put a sight on it. And they added that annoying piece of steel behind the iron sight, which takes up most of the screen. However, I do agree, it is certainly not the same M16 it was in (every) other game.... But hey, what do you expect from a piece of shit game. This is by far the worst online call of duty game of all time. And I say that knowing that I can log on, win, and have an amazing game. So my decision on this game being a piece of shit, has nothing to do with me crying cause I suck at it. The fact is, they turned it into halo... every map is a perfect square, and every area has bottle necks. This is the worst Call of Duty since before there was call of duty. And that M16 is just as shitty.

we may have to come up with a new nickname for capnunderpantz because you seem to be the new and all knowing oracle Wink

+1 bro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:22 am

justyourhero wrote:
ProTip: Play HC Dom/HC modes if you want to gold guns faster.

This^

You can max out your handguns in HC FFA in as little as 3-4 games. And it's fun as hell OSK'ing with the MP412. You get lots of fan mail when you win HCFFAs with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:44 am

I know you get overall XP more in HC modes but I think weapon XP is always a standard 100 per kill unless you get a headshot then you get the extra 100. Anyone got clarification on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

I dont see the point in grinding a weapon to 31 that you will never use after that point.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:17 am

JxVegas702 wrote:
I dont see the point in grinding a weapon to 31 that you will never use after that point.

because we're all fucking bored with this game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:19 am

JxVegas702 wrote:

I change my weapons up almost round by round... so once in awhile Ill throw on the gold M16 for show... like in a killcam a guy says "who the fuck is this guy that keeps killing me with a fucking M16 and how did he get it to gold??!"

I think in reality though its just a challenge... same can be said for prestiging.. "I just unlocked 30 guns, 10 pro perks (or more), and finally have all my equipment, so lets just start over and grind with a shitty class for a week before I get what I need" ... I just dont see the point but many do it to get maxed out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 am

BlackDeath wrote:
JxVegas702 wrote:

True dat. Thats why I dont play sober. Spices it up quite nicely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:02 pm

CanisMajor60 wrote:
Congrats Earl.

I think I was in a lot of those matches and my hat is off to for sticking with that gun.

Now, back to the LMG and some moabs?

Not if I can't aim worth shit. That's been my problems the last 3 or 4 days. My game room has been taken over by a guest sleeping on the futon in there and I've been having to play on a different TV and haven't gotten used to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 6:56 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
JxVegas702 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Me personally, I think kills are easier to come by in HC modes. It has nothing to do with the weapon XP ranking up the weapon, but the fact that if you're using either of the 3-shot burst ARs, if you hit anywhere above the knee it's a kill... unlike in core modes.

HC is great for ranking up guns in general due to that reason. It takes some getting used to having less health and getting killed pretty instantly when people get the jump on you. But it's also hilarious when you flank the other team and kill 4/6 guys with 1 clip from an AR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!   "Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Holy Horrible Weapon, Batman" M16 is Useless!
Page 1 of 1