Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

The Original Noob 7/18/12

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

The Original Noob 7/18/12 Empty
PostSubject: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:07 pm

BOII preorder put in today. I am officially in.

I have about 60k respawns. Most of which are from BO. 50 were from the worst game I ever played on any FPS ever and that was on Mission with Deathsmistress (she was the only one who stayed as long as I did so she is all I remember). I now consider her NSFW posts as a consolation of that horrible time.

I just had a conversation with a woman at gamestop about peer to peer hosting, dedicated servers and how renting COD servers would be a great idea for 3arc as it is a new revenue stream. How nerdy is that. She was not even hot, just knew what the hell I was talking about…

I will spend a lot of time over the next 5 months fantasizing about renting dedicated servers on COD game. I am doing this in the hope that I will have that issue resolved in my mind well before the release. In my mind COD franchise will always be a second class citizen to any FPS/MMO that uses dedicated servers. On one hand I don’t understand how a game that will make over a BILLION dollars cant figure out how to bring in dedicated servers and make big time cash on getting us to pay for that as well as elite as well as the DLC and the game. For BF3 I shelled $60 for the game, $15 for a map pack, $50 for Premium, and I sent $20 to darker for my cut of server payments (180 days). All of which I feel was a good deal. Premium included content I already paid for (map pack) so I am getting $75 for $65 and I still think it is a good deal. The best part battlelog (Elite like site) was free.

The point is I shelled out $145 so far for BF3 and am OK with that. Why can’t COD find the things that I want and monetize it?

I have 235 hours logged. That is less than a good chunk of my BF3 BFF’s who are way more time invested. Even at my paltry time investment I paid about $0.62 an hour. A penny a minute. There is still 5 months of gaming left. Who knows how many hours then. 500? .30 a minute?

So for COD why they don’t want another $20 from ½ the guys who play so they can have the privlidge of renting a server is beyond me. All they have to do is figure out how to make a stable system that will have 27 million gamers on it at one time on Nov 11th… Easy right?

There are only 4% of BF3 players who have more kills with the AN-94 than I do. I am not sure if this is cool or sad. I have 2 other weapons in the top 10% SG553 and L85A2. Yeah me. BF3 Stats: Making you feel good about yourself in obscure ways. Any player in the whole system can find something they are good at which I think is a good thing. We can’t all be killer monsters sporting 2.+ KDRs but we can still have fun. This kind of large capture I think just makes things more fun to follow and watch when you don’t get all excited about how many kills you have.

BOII is not going to be that great, just so you know. I am officially lowering the bar today. It will not be as good as BO. It will not be as good as MW3. It will not be as good as BF3. Why? Is it the lag? The perks? The second chance? The ferrets?

No.

BO was in a time when we were new. When we had all the hope and fantasy of what it would be like to play as a group and be better than the sum of our parts. BO was when we were glad to find a full group of 6 on when we were. It was the first time your FL got to 100. We had a new site. We got to know each other. It was like the first time you fell in love. That is what you are remembering, that virgin feeling of breaking the seal and the flood of brain chemicals you get when you have that first pleasurable experience of this particular kind.

This is why we pine for the past. Not that it was all that better than it is now. It was new and exciting and the endorphin dump you then your mind is constantly trying to re-create. I am sure that some of you can remember your first time. Be it prom night, your parents basement, your car, your tractor, your secret lair in the basement whose trapdoor is disguised as a loose section of concrete, you remember that better than the 6 times last week. Some of you I am sure are still waiting for your first time, so don’t worry you won’t forget it…if it happens. The secret is you cant re-create that initial ‘dump’ of chemicals. I hope reframing your exciting gaming experience to a mere biological function did not disappoint you too much and does not lead to you giving up gaming all together.

Earlier this spring my KDR rose above even. I was pretty excited to finally hit this hurdle as it has been a goal for some time for me. I am not sure why. I feel a little cooler but I am not sure why. I am not 40 lbs lighter, I am not pissing microbrews, my wife still makes me do chores, and my controller still smells like last nights sex. Strange how your ideas of yourself are wrapped up in odd things like videogames. Anyway now that I have reached the peak of my own ‘mind mountain’ I have been having more fun. 870 with slugs and Holo comes to mind. What a silly fun gun to use. Anyway, I am now having more fun since I feel like the pressure to get better is now off.

Here is a song I listen to all the time.

The build that starts at 2:00 and then again at 2:30 gives me the chills every time. From a vocal standpoint this Florence lady has some mad skills. Her voice is powerful and graceful all at the same time. She is a master at subtly as well. Spectacular. And unlike Adele, you can hear that she will be singing for much longer. Adele ‘pushes’ too much and is ruining her vocal cords. In about 5-10 years she will have surgery to repair the nodes on her vocal cords and soon after her career may very well consist of songwriting only. John Mayer is another example. Use and abuse of your vocal folds causes calluses that lead to voice loss. The treatment is no talking for 6 mo to a year or surgery. It is due to bad singing habits and if you made your career on bad singing habits (Adele) your career will be short. Yes, I sang in college and yes I know a lot of show tunes for a straight guy. You are welcome to check out My Channel on You Tube. The Jazz Singer list is mostly Melody Gardot who I think sounds like glass from outer space. She smooths out the edges I have a tendency to get from this job.

My thanks to Tuna for allowing me to make some of the most epic mom jokes of my life last night about his mom. In my defense he started it. Sorry Tuna, but when you talk to angry teens for a good chunk of your work week you end up with some good lines that are begging to be used again.

Tag to you N8.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 5:29 pm

Good post. Its nice to see the blog again. Chronicles are on the way.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:00 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 6:24 pm

Fuck I'll have to read this Wini.
I kinda stopped at "preordered Black Ops 2" and I was happy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks for explaining why I bought an Xbox Wini, although my pocket would be happier if I did, I won't be bringing it back to the store.

I think it's unfair to lower the bar on the next "best game ever" sir, with no disrespect. I agree with your assessment however, being a part of the clan is the best part of any game that I play. I don't care so much for the greatness of the game or how much i paid ( $0.23/hr if you wanted to know) but more the friendships i have gained of people i most likely never would have had met with out it. I really don't care what game we play so long as we play it together.

In short the clan is my climax it it has been on going for 8 months with no end in sight. I hope i have raised the bar for you a notch or two.

Love always
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 pm

PS. Mistress is the shit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Nice post. I think you are 100% correct.

COD/BO will never go to dedicated servers because they pander to the kids and COD knows that the kids cannot afford it.

I wish they would do that, but in reality I don't believe it will happen. Like you, I would gladly pay the extra for our own servers.

After playing MW3 for 8 months I realize that this game was built by kids, for kids.

There is a new adreneline rush with MW3 that I dare say equals BO for me.

That is playing with like minded people again and getting to try out the different weapons that MW3 offers.

The other night we laughed and laughed even though we had no party matches.
The laughter was the best thing about the night.

I am not good at MW3, but I find myself competitive most of the time.
I find myself causing people to rage quit.
Beating these kids at their own game brings be a lot of satisfaction.

It sounds like you are enjoying BF3 and I am glad for you.

I hope everyone in the clan finds what makes them happy.

There is new group that has filled the void left by many of you that went to BF3.

So the fun continues, at least for me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:27 pm

This is my favorite original post on the entire site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:04 am

Well put sir! I too have been living in the dream world that I think they can pull of dedicated servers. Its kind of like the small joy you get when you buy a lotto ticket you get the "what if" thoughts in your head, And in till Trearych says flat out they will not have them I can dream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 am

Winicott1001 wrote:

BO was in a time when we were new. When we had all the hope and fantasy of what it would be like to play as a group and be better than the sum of our parts. BO was when we were glad to find a full group of 6 on when we were. It was the first time your FL got to 100. We had a new site. We got to know each other. It was like the first time you fell in love.

Fuck you Wini for ruining it for me.

You're basically right. Your comments are pretty much exactly why I loved the early Black Ops days with the clan.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

p.s. Hopefully I'll see you tonight on BF3 if it doesn't take 3.5 hours to download the 1.3 GB update/prerequisite Close Quarters DLC that I have to download but havn't even bought.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:45 am

Long-winded and monotonous as usual, my dear Wini
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 8:48 am

Wini's blog is still one of my favorites, only second to n8's. What always has amazed me is that this clan has such a diverse group of people. From doctors to auto mechanics, computer nerds to firemen. This clan is great maybe cause it was my "first", our it is just truely awesome.
Yes death mistress is still rocks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

Dead_Eric wrote:
I think it's unfair to lower the bar on the next "best game ever" sir, with no disrespect. I agree with your assessment however, being a part of the clan is the best part of any game that I play. I don't care so much for the greatness of the game or how much i paid ( $0.23/hr if you wanted to know) but more the friendships i have gained of people i most likely never would have had met with out it. I really don't care what game we play so long as we play it together.

In short the clan is my climax it it has been on going for 8 months with no end in sight. I hope i have raised the bar for you a notch or two.

Love always

I think you get it Eric. It is about the people and not the game. my .60 an hour was based on BF3 only. I have a way shit ton more hours than that. Dear God, I fear to even check it. I am not sure I want to know.

CanisMajor60 wrote:

COD/BO will never go to dedicated servers because they pander to the kids and COD knows that the kids cannot afford it.

I wish they would do that, but in reality I don't believe it will happen. Like you, I would gladly pay the extra for our own servers.

I think a lot of people would pay for this service. Fighting lag is something I think people would be more than willing to shell out a few bucks for every month. Split in a clan the costs get even smaller. Like this group could run 3 EC servers easy and every one could throw in $5 and that could last for months with the size of our region (do we even organize as regions anymore?)

CanisMajor60 wrote:
After playing MW3 for 8 months I realize that this game was built by kids, for kids.

I agree that the over 30 is not really the target demographic. I watch my cousins play and am amazed at the things they can do. I think the guys at IW and 3arc TRY to put out a professional product, but are not able to always get it right.

CanisMajor60 wrote:

The other night we laughed and laughed even though we had no party matches.
The laughter was the best thing about the night.
I hope everyone in the clan finds what makes them happy.
Some of the best memories I have is of playing dodgeball and getting hawked by Dave in a regular match. Just screwing around stuff is where the real fun is. One night on Tehran Highway we all agreed to do pistols and knives. I still remember that match. It was months ago. Most of us were laughing so hard.

CaptainHammer420 wrote:
This is my favorite original post on the entire site.

Thanks. I enjoy writing it as well.

Sith_Miester wrote:
Well put sir! I too have been living in the dream world that I think they can pull of dedicated servers. Its kind of like the small joy you get when you buy a lotto ticket you get the "what if" thoughts in your head, And in till Trearych says flat out they will not have them I can dream.

I think your lotto analogy is spot on. I have the same feeling as I fantasize about it. I dont need to win the big prize I would be more than happy with the $250,000 one for matching 4 and the powerball. It will never happen I fear, but I can hope.

carlmuir wrote:

Fuck you Wini for ruining it for me.

You're basically right. Your comments are pretty much exactly why I loved the early Black Ops days with the clan.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!
You are welcome Carl! Now that I am here I am staying. Enjoy!

MANIC wrote:
Long-winded and monotonous as usual, my dear Wini

Sorry? Fuck Off? What do you want again? Game at night like a real human so we can see you.

Zombiepatton wrote:
Wini's blog is still one of my favorites, only second to n8's.

I love his writing as well. I have never served and I always knew that what I see in movies is not what really happens. I really like how he gives the unvarnished gritty day to day aspect of his deployment (or 3) that makes being a soldier the experience it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 9:25 am

I absolutely do miss you Wini... pig I love you
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:59 am

like any hobby - it costs money

how dedicated you are to the hobby = how much money you spend on it

it never ends... games, controllers, chairs, tvs, pvrs, etc - its everyones individual decision if they find "value" in what they're spending and on what

i would certainly find value in dedicated servers for a game thus pay more for it - some may not and thats their prerogative

ive played mw3 more than blops - is it because the game is better? FUCK NO its because of the company I keep Smile

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:12 am

We do need Manic on with us.

Last night in my group (Savvy,MJC,NamKnight and appolgies on who I forgot) we decided to check clan members stats after our talks were of "average" at best players like myself (except in Black Ops lately where I seem to rape face).

Manic finished in second place award for worst MW3 Over 30 member based on Accuracy and KDR.

Seriously Asa, we need to shoot the shit together online!

PS : Proof that accuracy means shit....I have the highest clan accuracy (like 20.50%) but in the bottom 1/3 for KDR at like 0.89 or something ass like that.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 11:53 am

Dedicated servers would be cool. But then again it would suck because it removes my excuse for going 8-35 and losing by 70 points. If my lag excuse is gone then I will have no one to blame but myself and I am definitely not ready for that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Original Noob 7/18/12   The Original Noob 7/18/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Original Noob 7/18/12
Page 1 of 1