Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable

Go down 
AuthorMessage

HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Empty
PostSubject: HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable   HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 pm

So we are debating getting rid of our home phone and cable because the kids don't watch much tv (just usually casettes and DVDs) and mobile phone bill prices make a $30 home phone a waste.

Multipart question.

1) What do you use to stream movies/tv? Netflix I know but not all the details or inner workings and is there anything else in Canada worth using? I don't believe we can use Hula either.

2) Is around 15mbs up/down suitable and around 80-100 gbs of bandwidth? We watch an hour or two at most a day. Maybe a bit more on weekends. I don't want to have fear of going over our total bandwidth for the month.

Love and thanks,
Carl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable   HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 pm

I'd love to help but I'm an internet pyrate. We do not have alot of options, I think some networks broadcast on their websites for free though.

I go over my BW all the time and never get charged extra. Consider 3 hours of TV equal to 1 GB of data, so you are looking at 20-30 GB max per month.

Last edited by audiopile on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable   HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 8:08 pm

my ex has 12MBs down at her house. MW3 (and other online games) noticeably lag when others are watching Netflix or YouTube videos. However, Netflix is watchable on 2-3 devices at the same time without issue.

I hope that helps some

Love ya back
Justin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable   HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:26 pm

If you are using Netflix you need not worry about going over your bandwidth. Usually isp's have a list of common subscription based usage. IE: They will see you are connecting to Netflix's server. In which case, they generally wont have any issues if you go over. I always go over, Heck I upload like 10 gigs a day easy, and I have no issues.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable   HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP! from the people that stream tv/movies and don't use cable
Page 1 of 1