Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Dinosaurs

Go down 
+4
Doamne01
ImGoodIfYouSuck
SouthPawDraw
Winners
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Being brought up in a Catholic family I never really questioned does God exist it's just a given, though I never used to pay attention at church as a kid or read the bible and I don't practise my religion.

Infact I hadn't really given it a thought until last night, I was watching the comedy channel and some American comedian did a sketch saying some people believe the earth is only a few thousand years old and they got the number by adding up all the dates in the bible.

It made me question what I believe and doubt the existence of God and the idea of Heaven. It seems most people are pretty certain what they believe, they are either Religous or Atheists and there's no grey area. Does anyone else have similar thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Killface you fucking crass piece of shite...

You know the Earth is only about 6000 years old and that Dinosaur bones are used to test our faith.

What a fucking plonka
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm

I was raised as catholic as well but in my mid 20s I started to have doubts about everything I was taught. Now in my late 30s I am agnostic, for me there are too many questions unanswered and I choose to worship what I can see, feel, hear and touch......my family and friends.

This topic can get sideways quick just remember we all need to respect eachothers viewpoints.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:06 pm

So that means Savvy worship's my freshly shaved moist balls
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:16 pm

In matters of faith, I have none. I am almost jealous of those that do. I think to as a child I would wake up on Christmas morning to find gifts left by Santa under the tree. Then I found out that it wasn't Santa it was my parents. Same as the tooth fairy and the Easter bunny. As an adult I have seen more evidence, all be it falsified, that Santa, the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny exist than I have ever seen evidence that God, Allah, Yaweh, Jehovah or any other name for whatever deity you choose existed. I am not going to use "magic" to explain away the things I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Winners

Winners

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 80

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Only if he can see, feel, hear and touch them.

Sorry savvy I don't know you that well but Manic left that wide open for a response.
Back to top Go down
http://over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/WinnersGT

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Come on Sly...magic is just a higher form of technology that we can't even pretend to understand.

What the fuck...haven't any of you read Philip K Dick or Arthur C Clarke
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:37 pm

I think I've been of the same view point as Savvy for a long time but not consciously thought about it.
I spoke to my other Grandfather who is an atheist I guess, and he said if God created us... who created god. Maybe Steeler is right as humans we feel the need to explain and understand everything. And we can't just accept we don't know it all.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

MANIC wrote:
Come on Sly...magic is just a higher form of technology that we can't even pretend to understand.

That's more or less my point. I leave the magic to Harry Potter and Sabrina the Lazy-Eyed Witch.

I don't believe in the incomprehensible. There are only things we are yet to understand.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:51 pm

I like Savvy am agnositc and I fully understand that there is a place for faith in everyones life, but I practice no religion. I respect people of all faiths, and I do mean all,structured and abstract. It is my opinion that we, as a people, inherently look to something else as a way of stabilizing ourselves. It is human nature to rationalize and attempt to understand our surroundings and the events that transpire. We look for meaning and purpose in our lives beyond the mundane. We long to be liked and loved under any and all conditions. Because of that life is a series of turbulence and "faith" helps to stabilize us through the journey. It is all about keeping us upright, rising to face each day and having the confidence to do so.

I fully believe that EVERYONE has some kind of faith...even if that faith is in the fact that there is none.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Just like the great Tracy Chapman said "we're talking about evolution"......no wait that's not it
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:05 pm

What the hell does a leprechaun know about American comedians and The Revolution? bounce
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Wait there's American comedians...I don't believe ya begorrah to be sure to be sure.....it's all about the craic
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:19 pm

How big is the universe?
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Dinosaurs For-the-glory-of-satan-of-course
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm

I went through 12 years of Catholic schooling and I'm not convinced. I think all forms of religion were created to either stuff the founders pockets or try and make the world a better place. I do think that raising kids to believe in religion is good for their upbringing but they should make their own decisions when they are old enough
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:16 pm

MANIC wrote:

Just finished 2001 this month for Book club and loved it. When I watched the movie I had no idea what was going on, but the book made way more sense. Clarke is one of my new heroes. I enjoyed his exploration on one version of what could have been.

Agnostic as well. I see and hear things that make me think there is a God and It is great, and then I see and hear things the make me think It is a small and petty beast who can only enjoy suffering and joy in equal measure. Then I see things and hear things that proves to me that there is no way there is a God as no being could ever want us to suffer like that. I grew tired of the debate so I settled down into no knowing and being OK with that. I can't know for sure, so I just moved on and figured out some other way to be at peace spiritually.

An influential book was [url=Siddhartha by Hesse]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhartha_(novel)[/url]. The ideas outlined in this book serve as a loose guide for how I interact with the world spiritually. The idea of inter-connectedness between all of us is what appeals to me the most.

Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Lol Hippiecott
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:38 pm

God is completely different and a higher technology...and?
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:22 pm

xkillxfacex wrote:
Lol Hippiecott

Maybe. N8 says the same thing.

Accepting others and recognizing that others have the same spiritual connection to everything that I helps to fuel the empathy required to do the job I do.

When my agency needs to work on a reunification plan between a kid in fostercare and his biological parent who screwed up good enough to be removed from the home they call me. When there is a teenage sex offender that is returning home and his safety plan needs monitoring they call me. When there is a crisis in the office and the assigned clinician is out of the building they call me.

I work with clients who some clinicians have a hard time finding empathy for so this approach really helps me help people that no one else will work with.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Um...

Namaste?
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:50 pm

My parents were Catholic and Protestant, from what little understanding I have, those religions are not compatible. So they left me to decide on my own. I decided to be ignorant to the gods and what they have to offer and just go with what science has to say. If you are not into science that is fine with me, since I have not explored your beliefs I'll admit that science could be way off the mark. I'm OK with that too. All I ask is that you do not knock on my door this weekend to discuss it, I am showing you that same courtesy.
I do think it is a shame that people fight and kill each other because of what they believe. That is very sad.
Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Winni I was only pulling your sandle and sock wearing leg x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dinosaurs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dinosaurs   Dinosaurs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinosaurs
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Over 30 Clan :: Welcome to the Over 30 Clan :: Off Topic Area :: Waste Basket (ARCHIVED TOPICS)-
Jump to: