Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Now I know why my connection was shit last night

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Now I know why my connection was shit last night Empty
PostSubject: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

The wife was uploading over 100 high res pics to her blog and at the some time was streaming some fucking movie to her laptop.......... Evil or Very Mad

My apologies to the clan mates that had to endure my complaining last night, especially the new guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Problem noted. I will have to keep an eye on the wife and kids when I am playing. That may be a problem in my house. Kid is alwasy on his phone running thru my wireless and the missus is watching TV online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:00 am

I've noticed this before with my wife.

because the PS is hard wired into the router I normally accidentally turn off the wireless connection on it :-/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:09 am

You may want to consider putting some QoS (Quality of Service) setting on your router. It allows you to divvy up the bandwidth during high traffic times.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:12 am

audiopile wrote:
You may want to consider putting some QoS (Quality of Service) setting on your router. It allows you to divvy up the bandwidth during high traffic times.

Yeah I know QoS will help, I didn't set it up cause last night was the first time since I got my new router that I had an issue when my wife was online too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:15 am

My connection was shit all night. Red Bars, lag, Connection Interrupted several times...It seems to come in waves for me. I know I can;t blame Mrs. FBD for last night as she was in bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:56 am

I get that problem a lot when I go to my inlaws to play. My sister-in-law downloads movies all the time so I just turn off the wireless until I'm done playing. My wife knows better so no issues at home!

Should hit level 50 on the 15th Prestige tonight....YAAAAAYYY!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:04 pm

yep...nothing like forgetting you're downloading in the background...happens to me all the time because the kids have stolen my sense of knowing anything. (yes...I'm gonna blame the kids)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:18 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
My connection was shit all night. Red Bars, lag, Connection Interrupted several times...It seems to come in waves for me. I know I can;t blame Mrs. FBD for last night as she was in bed.

That's how it seems to work for me...it will work for a week then a week of crap connections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:21 pm

SpiderPlant007 wrote:
fatbrowndog wrote:

That's how it seems to work for me...it will work for a week then a week of crap connections.

Maybe I am just a victim of the game just running like crap, either way I reminded the wife again no heavy internet traffic while I am playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 pm

Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you a delicious meal.

That works well for me. What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 pm

fatbrowndog wrote:
Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you a delicious meal.

That works well for me. What a Face

Thanks for the horrible advise! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:03 pm

You could tell her to go iron your shirts...Either way it gets her off the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:41 pm

It seems like just about every game I played yesterday had a shitty connection. Sorry clannies for my rage quitting but no connection no play for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

I always try to look at the positive side and I am positive you had a bad connection. Besides half the fun was watching you magically teleport across my screen. If I have a two bar = a neg.kdr you have a two bar= top of the leaderboards. Remember it is better to burn out than fade away!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 pm

Fireman, we had some good games too. How about that huge DOM comeback on convoy with that OptIc QuIcKsCopEzzzz or whatever the hell his name was! That was an epic match I thought, even with shitty connections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah i didnt have fun with the connections last night either. I can play fine and do well with 3 bars but the game just seemed off last night. I wound up ending my night by quitting mid match after it continued to get worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:39 pm

I kinda wish it was a percentage rather than the 1 - 4 bars deal. I know especially in the past before I upgraded my connection, I'd have 3 bars but it would be really be hovering around the very bottom of what could be considered 3 bars as I'd sometimes show 2 yellow. Meanwhile if I'm at the very top of 3 bars or just peaking into 4 bars, all is usually good in the games.

I think we'll all be much happier with MW3 at least from a connection standpoint. I've sadly become used to ducking behind cover in my perspective, dying and then seeing in the killcam that I still was in the open.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Yeah, the killcams just make it that much worse, basically rub it in your face. Seems whenever you get sniped, the killcam shows the guy was about a foot off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:16 pm

My ingame connection is usually fine, I have a problem joining certain people and again joining a lobby if the same people are in already. Funny thing is I have no problem joining you US guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:21 pm

I got to watching a game that we played in MWA. This one dude was getting kills over and over. He would camp in the bottom of the center building. One time he was shotting at fireman. He was shooting atleast 3 feet behind him the whole time fireman was running past him and he still got the kill. That was such BS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 5:43 pm

Lag compensation usandthem. The host's connection records all matches, but when you are watching from the player's perspective it shows what they were shooting at because it compensated the player back to that spot based on the ping and lag from the shooter to the dead guy running.
I look at some quickscopes in the theatre and the shot is a good 5 feet away from where it show me, but I still died.
Don't understand what I said? Neither did treyarc when they designed this game.

Sometimes the lag is noticable through our mics. I hear "losing B" on mine and then a second later it calls it out thru someone elses. Theoreicallly they should be at the same time?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, I couldn't seem to get in a rhythm, either...Crosshairs seemed to jump more than usual, I could never get that final hitmarker on my target before it got away or killed me, and the times I actually did get somebody it was only for assist credit...

At least I know never to do an RPK contract ever again...I'll stick to what I use best...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now I know why my connection was shit last night   Now I know why my connection was shit last night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Now I know why my connection was shit last night
Page 1 of 1