Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

KotW player rotation

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Player rotation
Lowest scorers rotate
KotW player rotation Vote_lcap50%KotW player rotation Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Decide in lobby who will rotate in
KotW player rotation Vote_lcap50%KotW player rotation Vote_rcap
 50% [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

KotW player rotation Empty
PostSubject: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 am

In order to simplify the lobbies during the KotW games I am going to throw out an idea with a poll and put something else up for discussion.

First the poll...
With the KotW popularity we often have lobbies with more than 6 players ready to play.
In an attempt to avoid playing favorites and foster the true spirit of competitive play. I am thinking something along the lines of the lowest scoring players are rotated. Exceptions can be made upon voluntary basis, if someone feels another player is better suited for the next particular gametype.
An example in a full lobby of 9, 3 sit the first game. The top 3 scorers can stay and the lower 3 rotate their spots. Same thing for next game, top scorers can stay and the lowest scores get rotated.

This will make sure that anyone only sits out 1 game at a time, (good for involvement) and keep the stronger players in. We do these games for fun, but there is a highly competitive atmosphere. Why bench the top guys? Unless they volunteer.
While I understand score is not the only measure of a players worth, it is the easiest to use.

I am only suggesting this as a rule/guideline that can be bent upon the decision of a lobby/team. But as a general rule if the lowest scoring player knew he was going to sit and the sitter knew he was goin in, things may go a little smoother in the lobby.

I do not mean to offend anyone, nor do I want to deter anyone from playing. Everyone is welcome to join in the KotW games.

to the next thing......

To declare maps and games before? This is a new one for discussion...
My .02 ...I like deciding on the fly, I like the idea of picking a map and game based on the momentum of the battle, picking a game to throw the opposition off course, ( vs EC,anything other than TDM Laughing ).
Being able to see that the opposition has strength in smaller CQB maps and picking Array. What a Face Or vice versa.

But most clan battles are on declared maps and games, so I see this side of the debate.

Each team would have to pick 3 games/maps before hand. What you say?

Last edited by SN0WR1DER on Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:12 am

Great idea snow, +1 to you. I have realized that it's never really a problem getting volunteers to sit out. More so a problem, that it just needs to be more organized, so the lowest score may be the best/easiest route.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:31 am

Actually at one point we on the EC, were short 1 guy, so it took us awhile to get a sixth man in. Luckily turp was online and jumped in to finish the night with us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 6:35 am

+1 snow i was going to right something later but you da man and have it covered .. i agree about the bottom 3 scores or by agreement before hand on the site as in who plays when ... 1 thing about last night .. we tried to roatate players but they could not join and i invited a few but all i got back were messages cursing psn and unable to join Sad sorry for that you now who you are ... the main problem was too many talking at the same time lol so a organised approch is definatley welcome ... i think also a dead line needs to be in place for deciding maps/modes so if both sides wish then they can prepare for it ? just a thought and some have said before .. but i like you like to go of the bat and play what we will on the night .. thing is tho how will we organise 3 modes and maps each if we then come together with same map or mode as the other region .. maybe drop the play only once rule .. just a thought ..

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 8:38 am

Yep would be good to have a system in place as I was gutted I didn't end up playing last night after bothering to sign up and making sure the controller and headset was fully charged. I know it was a matchmaking / party problem with BLOPS and I did get invites but I only left in the first place becasue I got sick of the frikin bickering in the lobby.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 9:40 am

Sorry, but IMO, there should be a sign up. First come First served. If you don't sign up in time, you will not be in for that match. Alternates will only be used if someone who is not on the original 6 list can not make it or has to drop out. It may not sound very nice, but if we are going to say the "worst players" in each match should be rotated out, then this should help with some of the chaos. Make sure to sign up as soon as possible if you want to be in the match.

Although it is competitive in a way, it is still supposed to be fun. There is nothing fun in being told "you are the weakest link... goodbye."

If that is the case, then who will want to sign up if they know they are not as good as the "Good players" that are already signed up.

There should DEFINITELY be a vote beforehand of maps and modes to be played from each team. Makes the entire thing run much smoother.

I hope this doesn't come off as some rant or as argumentative. Just putting my voice in.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:17 am

I agree with all above, including you must sign up.

I am convinced that the problem with getting in lobies is to do with one or more players having a closed NAT, not necessarily the host. At the same time you cant join one party you can join others without any problem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:24 am

I for one feel that the rotation idea is a good one. Many times as many regional members as possible want in on the KOTW and rotating is the best way to accomplish that. There should be some order on how to rotate. For the most part everyone has been very cool, even the high scoring monsters, on saying they would sit the next one out so someone else can get in. I disagree with the vote beforehand. I think on the fly is the best way as the team that just lost will want to pick a game mode they feel will best suit the momentum of the game. At this point in COD's release everyone should be familiar with all the maps and gamestyles. Just my .02
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 am

For my .02 I agree with Darkker. There can be enough chaos trying to get the match going without trying to decide who is in/out, what map are we going to play etc. We have the forums as a tool to set up matches at least loosely beforehand, let's use it to our advantage.

Rotation out based on score sounds kinda crappy to me. I don't have a better suggestion at the moment. I have not participated in any of the KOTW events. Maybe it is for the best, I'll let ya all hash that out.

Good times to all regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:33 am

In a way though, you hate making the lower scoring players feel bad and unwanted. That's a fine line you need to be careful with. As I noted in the ECvsUK forums there needs to be some sort of decision making prior to the match itself. The members that sign up should be the only ones in the lobby prior to the game starting. Then....if someone is needed send an invite or two to fill the void(s). Also included pre-match should be the person that will host the 1st game and the gametype being played. After that 1st round the decisions can be determined in the lobby. I apologize to those that counted on me being in the match, but after about 7 minutes of listening to 18 people voicing their opinions on what to play and who will play and who will be host, that was enough for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:35 am

I think it should e decided by the team, not by the score.

One thing that might be a good idea is to have each side meet up 15 minutes before the KOTW starts and just discuss the maps/teams etc.

I also like the idea of maybe having a Captain/Assistant from each side while the rest are muted with only small comments being made if necessary. It gets really hard to hear anything or make any decisions when you have 18 or so people in a lobby.
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:45 am

What about random teams, maps, and modes? Have a sign-up sheet and have a randomizer pick the teams, map, and modes prior to the game. That way everyone knows the info prior to the match and has a chance to practice that mode. This will also get people used to new modes at the same time allowing new people to play. Some people are feeling left out and I understand that. A randomiser in my opinion will solve the problem. I love playing in these matches when I get a chance, but often I back out so others can play as well.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:25 am

I like the randomizer idea.
The three suckiest players is a bit much when I think in the game I played in, four of the seven were summat and fukall points between em. I think were all old enough and mature enough to be able to duck out of a couple of games out of the five without crying about it.
Yes to the muting of all players bar captains pre-game Lobby it was chaos listening to everyone while shorty and whoever on the EC where trying to sort it (thats how bad it was I couldnt tell you who was leading EC). I just sat there and waited to see if I was playing or getting booted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

Quote :
I also like the idea of maybe having a Captain/Assistant from each side while the rest are muted

Yep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:29 am

personally i wouldn't mind the 3 lowest scorers as i know ill be down there and im happy to change place with a clannie to let all have a go .. and think that defo needs to be sorted in the forum first. we shouldn't make it too strict guys because its fun and all should be able to join in the fun .. first come first serve wont be a great idea as some rarely come on the forums but play online all the time so they will be left out and its not compulsory to use the site regular.

i would prefer to pick our maps/modes our selfs but a randomiser may help or like i said just drop the play a map/mode once only then we can choose and prepare if we wish ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 11:48 am

I have to go back on and retract my last post agreeing with the lowest score idea. While I would surely be included in that, it just doesn't, in all reality seem fair. After all the KOTW is meant to be fun for everyone above all else! As someone said above, the signup is there for a reason, and if you want in, you should be required to sign up. Atleast to keep some of the confusion to a minimum. It's never been a problem getting guys to volunteer to sit one out.

Last edited by DEATH-THREAT-HxC on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm

It is about fun but with lowest three out over four or five games everybody would be included. I would have no problem dropping out and leaving the better players in. Its good to be KING.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 4:50 pm

Last night was great fun and we have to give credit where it's due the EC gave us some tight games and then absolutely destroyed us on CTF.
However it was absolute chaos in lobby and the lack of structure and forethought meant that some of the guys missed out even though they were strong players, on the list and been active for a long time so have paid their dues. Personally I expressed my opinion that I wanted to play Demo and Dom and was then happy to drop out, but was on the whole met by silence by all but a few. After the 1st 2 games I started sending invites and was willing to drop out but there was obviously a problem and no one new could join the lobby. TDM then led me to sheer frustration, all the side LOS were taken, every time I tried to make a break for the EC house I was mowed down and going upstairs was like suicide with I believe kolbies piggy littering the walls of the bedrooms. After TDM I wanted out, I was loosing all head to heads and spending more time watching the UAV trying to call out positions that needed cover in CTF than watching the screen and being punished for it. Finally on Sab after getting killed numerous times trying to set up on the bomb I got the LOS by the steps and made every kill count clearing the bomb for the plant and then getting 2/3 kills on EC's defusing.

So here's my 2p's worth

1 - Guys who had signed up had not got to play which is wrong

2 - By TDM I was not pulling my weight and should have been kicked for the CTF match, and rightly so. Bottom I believe Sad

3 - Sabotage, still had a low score sneaking around to set up on Bomb site and my few kills directly impacted the game ending with us winning.

I think we do need to post map/game type in the sign up and stick to it, this way we can decide who is best suited to which game types and decide amongst ourselves who plays which games.
However if we cannot achieve this because of poor communication or no one willing to step out/make a decision then we should defer to the lowest 3 scores rotation. But this should be a decision made by each region NOT as a rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I have to agree that posting maps/gametypes should be done before. This is supposed to be a way to try our skills, not see who can surprise the other team with something they aren't familiar with. Also means one less thing to organize once we are all in the lobby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:12 am

The idea of rotating people out on score is in my opinion a bad one. For example we play search and destroy on the first match a game many of us don't play you could end up rotating out three player that play demolition on a regular basis for the next round. I know that KOTW is supposed to be fun but at the end of the day we want to field a side that is going to put up a decent fight (basically the opposite of Saturday). I'm not saying that the best players should always play but a pre determined team has more chance of victory over 5 games than one that keeps changing in every round.

The solution is simple. We have signups in the forum and like Darker says it should be first come first serve. First six to play then reserves in order of signup. The members who have signed up to play should meet up between an hour and thirty minutes before hand to get in some practice. If we don't have enough players to fill the team then places should be filled from the reserves on the signup list.

I think that we should have a rough idea of what we want to play before the KOTW starts but that we should be prepared to adapt on the fly as the competition progresses.

Join my two pence worth.

Appart from that can I say that I really enjoyed Sunday and well done UK for bringing home the crown (Pun intended)

Avenger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:16 am

CerebusArdvark wrote:
I have to agree that posting maps/gametypes should be done before. This is supposed to be a way to try our skills, not see who can surprise the other team with something they aren't familiar with. Also means one less thing to organize once we are all in the lobby.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:08 pm

new topic in nsfw guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:25 pm

thank god for that lol even i aint going there lmao ...
ill mod this to bring it back where it should be n8 Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm

Hush, Shorty...go get back to your Photoshop, we can take care of this. LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 1:04 pm

Ohhh Shortyyyy Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KotW player rotation   KotW player rotation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KotW player rotation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next