Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Never thought I would be back

Go down 
+2
Sr Slampiece
chuckystylez1970
6 posters
AuthorMessage
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

Never thought I would be back Empty
PostSubject: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 am

Recently I have been plagued by Internet issues. If Comcast isn't have technical difficulties (which btw means they have no clue what the hell is wrong) then I have router issues.... 3 routers later and I am back. Sorta, the ps3 is back up and my iPhone is happy but my laptop for some reason can't seem to hold on to a wireless connection. It says its connected to router but no Internet.

If anyone can give me some pointers it would be greatly appreciated!! At least I have my phone to post so I don't get booted from the clan in the meantime. Thanks in advance!!
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am

BlackDeath, paging BlackDeath.....

He will be able to help you. I can not unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 10:40 am

Will Black Death please report to the front office, put down the cream puff and Cosmo magazine and get your ass in here to help our clan mate, Justin Bieber can wait damn it
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm

i can help too, what kind of router do you have? what operating system do you have on your laptop? what is the exact error that your getting when you say its connected but not to the internet? oh yeah and what kind of wireless are you using? (G or N?)
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 pm

I guess first things first - what exactly is the issue? Is it slow or flat out not working / getting page cannot be displayed or 404 errors while browsing the web?

Also what is the model of the cable modem and/or router you have?

p.s. moving this to the tech help section
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 6:57 pm

OK here is the issue.....The lappy is a HP presario with windows 7, the router is a netgear n600 high performance dual band (2.4 and 5). The issue I have is one second (like right now) I have screaming fast wireless access to the 'net, very close to speeds I see on wire connected desktop......the next minute I have VERY slow I mean like 0.4 Mbps or worse nothing at all. I am on cable and am use to speeds of 22+ Mbps.

My iPhone, smart TV, PS3 all have no issues (fingers crossed)....the lappy is the only device with problems. When the slow or no connection thing arises it shows 5 bars signal to router but no internet access. Have rebooted router, modem, lappy several times. Have released and renewed ip addy in cmd window......changed security to none and back again....turned on guest access and even tried connecting there.

I personally have tried every trick I know and nothing works, seems as tho the lappy and the router have a conflict issue but I am not sure.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:36 pm

it sounds like an issue with the laptop and/or router not wanting to play nice - since the laptop out of all these other devices is the only one having the issue I'd say that is your issue

first thing i'd try is update the drivers on the laptop for the wireless network adapter. you're using a HP so it probably has some stupid bloatware bullshit software installed on it to manage the wireless networks instead of just letting windows handle it. usually there is an icon of some sort in the tray (near the time) if you right click on it you may see an option to "let windows manage" if not it could be buried somewhere within the software installed for the wifi adapter

do you happen to know if your router is setup to auto scan channels or is it hard set to a particular channel? or do you have no clue what I'm talking about? lol

i have two dell laptops that simply won't transfer simple files over a wired network (windows hare) worth a shit but if you use a FTP program they're lightning fast its just some quirky bullshit where one network device doesn't like another

another issue may be there are too many wireless devices stepping all over each other - as a test try turning off every device BUT the laptop and see what happens

the router or laptop isn't right next to a florescent light source or a microwave is it?
Back to top Go down
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 7:47 pm

BlackDeath wrote:
it sounds like an issue with the laptop and/or router not wanting to play nice - since the laptop out of all these other devices is the only one having the issue I'd say that is your issue

first thing i'd try is update the drivers on the laptop for the wireless network adapter. you're using a HP so it probably has some stupid bloatware bullshit software installed on it to manage the wireless networks instead of just letting windows handle it. usually there is an icon of some sort in the tray (near the time) if you right click on it you may see an option to "let windows manage" if not it could be buried somewhere within the software installed for the wifi adapter

do you happen to know if your router is setup to auto scan channels or is it hard set to a particular channel? or do you have no clue what I'm talking about? lol

i have two dell laptops that simply won't transfer simple files over a wired network (windows hare) worth a shit but if you use a FTP program they're lightning fast its just some quirky bullshit where one network device doesn't like another

another issue may be there are too many wireless devices stepping all over each other - as a test try turning off every device BUT the laptop and see what happens

the router or laptop isn't right next to a florescent light source or a microwave is it?

No option to let windows manage just says troubleshoot (which finds nothing) and open network sharing center

How do I update drivers? <-----stupid question but I looked and didn't see the option

Router will auto scan or I can set the channel manually

Have turned everything else off and no change

no microwave or florescent light in the room with router
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:09 pm

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html

type in your laptops model or click the start button to auto detect

chances are this is the program on your laptop that is managing your wireless connection

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01667669&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=212728

you can read thru that to either get the latest version of the software, maybe find out how to turn it off and let windows manage wireless networks, or you could always uninstall it which would by default let windows manage wifi thereafter
Back to top Go down
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks!! I am gonna give those a try, right now however it is working perfectly so I afraid to touch or change anything...lol

I have this page bookmarked so I can refer back to it, thanks again for your help, if I need you again I know where to find you Smile
Back to top Go down
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree with BlackDeath on the updating drivers as first option. Also I'd recommend scanning your laptop for virus. These days you can find really nasty bugs out there....
Back to top Go down
chuckystylez1970

chuckystylez1970

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 pm

OK UPDATE!!!

I have no idea why but as long as I keep my desktop turned off (powered down) my lappy is so happy!! Awesome speeds and not getting kicked.....

I have no clue what the conflict is or how to fix it but it is working this way......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:28 am

Did you ever fix this issue??
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:45 am

Deca had problems with comcast too. He might have some answers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:46 am

Good call Wall, is check there to
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 3:47 am

I live to serve.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never thought I would be back   Never thought I would be back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never thought I would be back
Page 1 of 1