Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....

Go down 
+28
Psycho Reaper33
brninitdwn
birddotcom
FiremanLFD525
Jon
YellowGeeHawd
JAGERpatrol
MajorBedhead067
mwhop78
pariah_81
parabola79
Spartan Runnerr
Severed Digits
ImGoodIfYouSuck
The1UrLookin4
HcMaximus
BlackDeath
whistlingmick27
Kamea6
xXx MiGs xXx
ho_li_schitt
indyratpack
Danoma08
walldoggy
SwollenCamel
BLACKHAWXX 88
lateralus73
Sr Slampiece
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Empty
PostSubject: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:08 pm

So you gave your wife a parasite. I preface this with the following from one of my favorite television characters Dr. Gregory House:

Jill: My joints have been feeling all loose, and lately I've been feeling sick a lot. Maybe I'm over training; I'm doin' the marathon, like, ten miles a day, [House looks tired] but I can't seem to lose any weight.
Dr. House: Lift up your arms.
[she does so]
Dr. House: You have a parasite.
Jill: Like a tapeworm or something?
Dr. House: Lie back and lift up your sweater.
[she lies back, and still has her hands up]
Dr. House: You can put your arms down.
Jill: Can you do anything about it?
Dr. House: Only for about a month or so. After that it becomes illegal to remove, except in a couple of states.
[he starts to ultrasound her abdomen]
Jill: Illegal?
Dr. House: Don't worry. Many women learn to embrace this parasite. They name it, dress it up in tiny clothes, arrange playdates with other parasites...
Jill: Playdates?
Dr. House: [shows her the ultrasound] It has your eyes.

Some of you know already, but I can make it official my wife is pregnant; after months of trying it finally happened. So what does this do for my psyche? I feel bad for my wife, for all intensive purposes I did this to her. I was half of the symbiotic process that is going to cause all of this grief. On the other hand I was an only child the thought of raising a mutant clone of myself a perplexing challenge I welcome.

This is our first child, and clueless would not even begin to describe our ineptitude of impending parenthood. I know if there was a manual on being a parent it would have been required reading in school. I can barley take care of myself, but as a good friend pointed out “ you will never take care of yourself half as well as you take care of your children “.

I write when I’m nervous, scared or happy. Today I am all three with a mixing of I’ve should have listen to my parents better. One of my greatest realities is that I know our child is going to think I’m the dumbest son of a bitch on the face of the planet and I don’t know my ass from a hole in the ground. Then one day he or she will have that epiphany that I had about 10 years ago.

I’m telling you as a group because some of you have been real good to me. This is a true community environment that I have come to enjoy. Like I’ve said before if you break this down we are grown adults that enjoy playing video games and the fellowship that comes along with it. I’m not looking for +1’s or reaches this is truly how I feel and I wanted all of you know to know that.

With all this being said any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I will not turn down advice, guidance or an occasional laugh at my expense (which I will be expecting).

Thank you for your time Brothers and Sisters to read this random thoughts I’ve thrown together in a feeble attempt to get it out of my head.

Last edited by YellowGeeHawd on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : cannot compose a sentance correctly.)
Back to top Go down
Sr Slampiece

Sr Slampiece

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 235

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:12 pm

Congrats Will! Life will never be the same! (for the better)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrSlampiece?feature=watch
lateralus73

lateralus73

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Dude, congratulations!! Achievement Unlocked!!! cheers

Fatherhood changes you. All for the better. Seeing that baby for the first time and realizing everything that means is such an experience.

Best of luck and congratulations once again!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/lateralus73?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:42 pm

The first thought when I read "So your a gamer and wife is pregnant" is "so who is the dad? Let's let Maury decide."

My next piece of advice is keep in mind that every state has some form of a baby Moses Law.

the next piece of advice is in case baby moses doesn't work for you, buy everything you think you are going to want in the next 20 years now. Because this is it. Your hobbies are now relegated to what ever you can do with two hours sleep, when you are not working overtime, and you are not crying in your basement or falling asleep on the toilet.

All that being said, even as bitter as I am, it will be the best time of your life.

I used to consider myself a manly man. But the sight of my daughter crying is usually enough to make me weepy. So in all honesty I have cried watching Twilight.

Welcome to your life.
Back to top Go down
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:03 pm

Congrats GeeHawd !!

Okay I'll throw my two cents in...

Everyone says your life will never be the same... it's not just a saying bro!! It's as real as it gets... better than anything on earth... you just helped make a little version of you!! And it's coming... cant turn back now... that little two armed two legged ball of energy is coming!! haha

For me it at first it wasn't all a big change... for me it kind of took time to actually sink in... it's all exciting & uplifiting, but yet scary too... a thousand things...all wrapped into one big ball of emotion.

But as you get closer and closer to that big day... maybe the fear will become a bit larger, only because you are entering an entire new "phase" of your life.

You're going from one where everything you do is pretty much for YOU... then you meet your wife, get married... and now it's all about BOTH of you. But now... something else is coming, at least with me, the perspective on how you look at the world will change completely. Know what I mean? A new "force" is about to change your universe (sorry.. shitty Star Wars reference rabbit )

When that big day came it was still all surreal to me... 8 billion questions running thru your head, but the biggest with me when that day came was "God please let this baby be healthy, no complications" and all that. Let everything go smoothly so the wife (well, ex-wife now) and baby get thru this without any problems. If you are religious you will say many a prayer that day. At least that's all I worried about when that day came. It was like a smack in the face from mother reality. WAKE THE FUCK UP KEV!! affraid Get your game face on and be ready... because he's coming now and nothing is going to be the same in a few hours.

Leading up to that day... yeah you'll worry about the crib, the formula, the baby's room, little one-zees, baby bottles, reading books on how to feed a baby, how to protect your house so the baby doesn't get hurt, toys, teaching your baby how to walk, talk, crap on his/her own. Diapers...... did I mention diapers?? You would never believe that such a small infant could produce so much, from such small amounts of baby food. Oh and the smells.. the lovely new fragrances you will encounter... a lil slice of heaven. Suspect

Looking back... One of my favorites... Nothing in the world can beat laying down and having your baby fall asleep on your chest/tummy... feeling his/her little heart beat, and the warmth against your body... That is pure love that is unmatchable and maybe even overwhelming at times... something to this day I still think about and wish I could go back in time and experience that just one more time.

In the end there isnt anything in this world more important than my two boys... nothng comes ahead of them. I can't even describe the love I feel for them. And soon you will know that love.

You give up a lot in order to make their lives better, get them things you never had, and all that... and to watch them grow... maybe it is still a little bit surreal to me.

In the end you won't regret it for one second.

Well at least til they are teenagers Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

So.... You scared yet???

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Th-2

Oh and I forgot one last thing... You get a present from your wife.... BIGGER BOOBS !!!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Well put! good words from everyone, don't worry yellow your not the only in that boat, i'm in the same situation as you and would relish some insight on what i should be feeling.
I really don't know what to do but wait out the craziness that is my pregnant wife and just accept that it IS all my fault.

Good luck to you and your expanding family.

P.S (fuck YOU hormones).
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:45 pm

Congrats Yellow! This is awesome news. How far along is your wife? When is the due date?

One reason it is awesome news is that when the baby comes, you can volunteer for the night shift and "watch" the baby so your wife can rest. And by "watch" I mean play Black Ops 2 while you listen out for the baby to wake up. This is what I did for both my kids.

But really, being a dad is like nothing else in the world. Sly and Blackhawxx are right. Everything does change. Paternal instincts you won't know you had will bubble up - you'll keep the crazy kids away from them at the park, you'll tell people to stop smoking in front of them, you'll suddenly drive the speed limit and yell at everyone else zooming by for putting your family in mortal danger.

Feel free to post any questions you might have as there are many fathers - and some grandfathers too - here and I'm sure we wouldn't mind giving advice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Well she is about 3 weeks along. Black, Sly and everybody else thank you. I have no questions as of yet but i'm sure they are starting to surface.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Congrats!
I'm sure you'll get plenty of advise weather you want in or not on any question that may arise.
As for your wife's side of things I hope she has an easy pregnancy. My first was easy, the second not so much. It will all start really sinking in when you see that first ultrasound and even more so when you see the one that tells you it's boy or girl. (If you choose) Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Danoma08

Danoma08

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 7

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:45 pm

I have a 5 month old so I just went through it. There is a good spot wall dog s right on with the night shift stuff plus babies sleep a lot so the first couple weeks you will have a lot of time to play. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to put your baby on a schedule as soon as you can. I have all the feedings and everything down so he goes to bed around 7-8. Then I can play all I want. But, congrats while I have never been more tired ever in my life, I have never been happier.
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:55 pm

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
Today I am all three with a mixing of I’ve should have listen to my parents better.

You will be surprised at how many times you catch yourself saying the things your parents used to tell you and then thinking "Oh shit...I sound just like my dad (or mom)."

Congrats!
Back to top Go down
ho_li_schitt

ho_li_schitt

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 4

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Congrats!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:37 am

Awesome news Will! There is no feeling like the first time you hold your child! I can honestly say it was the best day of my life!!!! There will be anxiety, worry, and the feeling of what the hell am I supposed to do now when you leave the hospital and you are on your own. You will figure it out and I am sure make a great dad! I mean how many of us have Irish, Korean, hillbilly fathers? My guess is the two of you will be getting more advice than you need in the coming months and after the little one is born. If it's a boy I think you should name him Captain! A middle name of underpantzz may be asking too much!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:59 am

Will, good luck hope for a boy with a strong arm...your team needs it lol. Not to steal your thunder but you know were in the same boat, my wife gave me a book (warning books will not help you) but it put me at ease,ten fingers ten toes and ready to deploy Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 am

I already asked Scott if I could name it Captian Underpantzz (I threw in the two z's at the end) no words just pure hate spewed out her eyes. Then I asked if I could name it Sly " you mean you want to name it after a guy who post the most fucked up things i've ever seen......" I already know that child is better than me at MW3.

Shane you are correct as long as it has 10 fingers and 10 toes i'll be happy. If it's a boy it's going to be a lineman and a long snapper just like his father. Ethier sex has no choice in college's Clemson or the Marine Corps period.

Robert, First of thank you for the invite to R3 without that I would be bored to death playing video games. I called my parents last night and my dad laughed his ass off and said "Now you going to know what it was like to raise you...." he was laughing so hard I couldn't make out anything else.

Phoenix, I'm praying that she and the child get's threw this with no major complications. My question to you is when did your unborn children cease to be a parasite and it became real to you.

Walldoggy, I've already called night duty. She knew that from the begining. She is cannot operate w/o sleep... i can't wait to see that.

Last edited by YellowGeeHawd on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Damn South Carolina Public School Education.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:54 am

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
Phoenix, I'm praying that she and the child get's threw this with no major complications. My question to you is when did your unborn children cease to be a parasite and it became real to you.

Not sure I ever thought of it as a parasite. I remember feeling like butterflies were literally fluttering around my lower stomach. My husband said that's the baby moving around. It was so weird but cool at the same time. I have to say though laying there holding my husbands hand while looking at the ultrasound monitor as the doc is trying to get my little one to spread his or her legs (didn't care either way) then hearing It's A Boy is the best feeling. That's when it became real. We both teared up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 9:59 am

Yup just cried at work. Thanks Phoenix. Now I have to tell everybody that I dropped some pipe on my toes...... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:13 am

You can always go with the 'Allergies' or 'Dust in my Eye' excuse. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 10:32 am

indyratpack wrote:
You can always go with the 'Allergies' or 'Dust in my Eye' excuse. Laughing

Damn right Indy. That's why your a Roster Leader.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm

You better come up with some chronic illness that causes leaky eye. Smile
It's to early to be crying. You said she was three weeks along. You've got 37 weeks to go!
You better let your wife eat whatever and how much she wants. especially if she can hold it down. this is her chance to enjoy herself. You know Mickey gained weight with me. Not as much as me but he put on a few pounds. Probably the chocolate milk shakes I had to have every night so watch yourself. You might find yourself putting on a few pounds.
This weekend the two of you should go to the book store and get a pregnancy book. I suggest The Pregnancy Bible. The book will tell you what to expect week by week as the baby develops. It's great bc it'll tell you your baby is this big and compare it to something like your baby is roughly the size of a peanut. It also will give a place for your wife to write how she's feeling. Oh and stuff about how to deal with nausea among other things. Lots of pics too.
Back to top Go down
BLACKHAWXX 88

BLACKHAWXX 88

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Quote :
Lots of pics too

Boobs?

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/KEVANDTHEBOYZZ?feature=watch

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Congrats Y.G.H

I will attest that night duty is awesome scored it for both mine.

Its going to be a roller coaster ride for the next 8 months to 20 years so sit back and enjoy it.

The three things I really learned from that 1st go around that I can pass to you are

1. A baby looks like a little porcelyn doll but there built tuff, not saying you should bounce it like a basket ball but you don't have to tip toe around either. I had trouble with thought if my daughter rolled over she would get bruised.

2. If your going to take family leave I would take just a couple weeks right after but then take the bulk 6-7 months down the road. around that time there making alot of quick progressions and its alot of fun to be around then. The couple months is alot of sleep and attached to the tit.

3. If the doctor says not to have sex or wife will go into labor you should listen.

I had a good book that was written more like a wilderness survial guide then your standard baby book I liked a lot

http://compare.ebay.com/like/230858072873?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Congrats again!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:49 pm

Congrats man! I have 2 of my own; the absolute one thing I could say is enjoy it while they're young - they grow up so fast.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:02 pm

I second Sith on the whole fragile baby thing. You may see the nurses treat the babies roughly, but they are built to take punishment. Remember that cavemen had babies just fine too. And I always remember my cousin-in-law who's kid fell out of a shopping cart at 6 months and is perfectly fine. But they are super cute and when he/she wraps its finger around yours for the first time... heart just melts.

As for a book, ask around, or go look on craigslist or garage sales. The one everyone gets is "What to Expect When you are Expecting." So there are tons of copies out there.

For you, I would recommend this: The Expectant Father. I read it and it's pretty good as it's from a father's perspective on a lot of stuff. I'd give you mine, but all our books are packed away somewhere and I have no idea where it is.

Another good book to look at is Baby Bargains. You will get 100 different opinions on baby gear and stuff to get. This helps you find good deals on all that. I had friends that would go to Barnes & Noble and just read sections and take notes. Or you could get an older edition used. Much of the info is the same. But the best monetary advice I can give is to get as much hand-me down and/or used stuff as you can stomach. Not a car seat or mattress, but furniture, clothes, toys, etc. can be cleaned and washed and used like new.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....   So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So your a gamer and your wife is pregnant....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next