Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

what type of gamer are you?

Go down 
+20
Severed Digits
SwollenCamel
longhornfan8575
bouyah61
chavarlison
xXx MiGs xXx
Naven
mspiderw
o RED ARROW o
walldoggy
Psycho Reaper33
ArcaniX
The1UrLookin4
Dubious Baller
SouthPawDraw
WREG
NukeLaCoog
indyratpack
HcMaximus
BlackDeath
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

what type of gamer are you? Empty
PostSubject: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:37 pm

So I was talking to slam a bit today about this. I was surprised to learn he's a one trick pony Wink and primarily only plays COD.

Gaming goes way back for me - to the days of the VIC20 with just text based rpg's, atari, nintendo, pc, playstation 1 and 2, and finally xbox.

I like practically any game type and enjoy the downtime occasionally with single player titles. Are you a one trick pony or multi game maniac?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

I would love to say that I'm multi-game maniac, but there is not enough time for that anymore Sad I mostly play CoD and when possible some RPG's like Elder Scrolls and Mass Effect (I have ME3 unopened for 6 months now :s) I also play FIFA.....
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Great....now I will nightmares about the hours of coding put into creating a game on the VIC20 only to have it crash and lose it all. Crying or Very sad

Over the years I have gone through various forms of gaming:
VIC20 - Pong - Intellivision - Sega - Nintendo - Super Nintendo - Playstation - Sega Saturn - Nintendo 64 - Playstation 2 - Xbox 360.
Damn, now that I look back I've spent a lot of money on games over the years.

Before I got married I used to play all types of games, if the game was fun and entertaining I would give it try. I was always up for the challenge of trying something new and seeing if it could be conquered. But now my time is limited with a family, I found that I was buying games that I didn't have time to play. They would end up sitting on the shelf collecting dust. As a result, I have limited myself to the number of games I buy for myself to play. The past couple of years I have mainly focused on the COD titles.

The good thing with having a teenage step-son is that he has plenty of games available should I choose to take a break and try something new for awhile.

So, like Slam, I would currently consider myself a one trick pony.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I have played mostly CoD since I joined. But, I like to mix it up some and games I have played the most in the past are Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, Max Payne, Assassin's Creed series, Sleeping Dogs, FIFA, MLB The Show. Looking forward to GTA5 and Watch Dogs from Ubisoft
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
WREG

WREG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:47 pm

As others have mentioned above, I don't have a lot of time to play any more.

Since I joined the over 30, I mostly play COD. Before I found COD Modern Warfare, I played Metal Gear Solid games, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Ghostbusters, and Madden.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:57 pm

what type of gamer are you? Birtha10

I mean...Jason, I pretty much have Always been a gamer...

I know my first console was the original Nintendo system.. With that I played anything and everything from Gambling in Vegas, to Contra, of course Mario's many adventures to tetris,Zelda, DK, MK, so on so on

Sega Gen, Lion king BITCHES! other Disney games, Sonic Ect.

Nintendo 64 was basically my life, for about 3 or 4 years. I dominated Bond, all of the cheats and shit unlocked. (I still own this lol, I will not let it go.) Mario Kart, ect ect

I have been a PC gamer for a short while, prob just shy of about 2 years total invested. World of Warcraft, For the Alliance of course.

I did play rift, graphics are outstanding! My brother bought me SWTOR and I made a few toons on it but i did not invest any time into rife and SWTOR, (as I did WOW) bc as you guys know they came out during the MW3 Movement, and I did not divi up my time as needed to play.

I have been interested in getting some people together to play WOW, SWTOR, or Rift, so let me know if anyone is interested in going for a >30< Run.

Now a days, i have to admit, I love COD MW games. I can not get enough! I really enjoyed playing Dead Island, however, with games costing 40 +, I have not even thought about playing others. I was interested in Bond, But i was told (Delta) it blew!

Its a little late to start expanding my xbox gaming verizions with the up coming release of BO2 next week... one day I will invest in another game, to bring out that inner gaming child again.

By the way, In the video where >30< clan was vs. whats his face (the pros), I believe it was at (time) 3:01, where i swear to god you can hear the Chime of the +1 mushroom up, from Mario Bro. Check it out and tell me if I am insane.

<3 Jess
Back to top Go down
SouthPawDraw

SouthPawDraw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 3:52 pm

The local arcade - Atari - ColecoVision - Nintendo - Sega....then a very long lag till a friend gave me his old PS2 and I got hooked on Killzone and Madden. With the release of the PS3 it was Madden, Killzone 3 and MW2. Since joining the clan though it's been nothing, but MW3.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:25 pm

tecmo bowl - hands up? cheers

i also forgot to include Commodore 64 damn a lot of memories there two games that stand out to me are kung fu fighter and gi joe

jes i had no idea you were a former or closet pc tard Embarassed you should give planetside 2 a go - its coming out 11/20 free to play (however it is micro transaction based if you want to speed up unlocking equip / certs)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Tecmo bowl was good... But give me Tecmo Super bowl. 1st game to tract season stats! and you got 8 plays instead of 4.

Have been gaming for ever but did not really get into FPS and on line gaming till MW2.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 pm

damn i cant believe i forgot there was regular and super - i meant super Smile

fps wise i played them all on pc (doom, quake, unreal tournament, battlefield 2) my first fps on console was black ops - i moved to console primarily to limit the amount of multiplayer cheating that takes place (rampant on pc)
Back to top Go down
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 4:37 pm

Like just about everyone that posted before me, over the years I have been a multigamer. I have probably spent more time on madden than any other game. About 5 years ago I had all but quit gaming. When Black ops first came out a friend of mine got me to play it. I had never played a shooter game before. I did not like it at first but after I gained control of my gun and quit shooting the floor and the cieling I was hooked. Since November of 2010 I have not played any other game other than BLOPS and MW3.

I am still not a real good player but I have came along way in 2 years from the 2 and 15 "if it was a good game' ghost pro, grande launching, Dark Corner McDougle that I and I think most new players start out being.

The answer to the question is yes I am a one trick pony, although I have not always been.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Wow, I've been a gamer for decades. Started out with the arcade classics of course: Space Invaders, Asteroids, PacMan and all that. Then got into the consoles: Atari 2600 & 5200, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, PS1, PS2, and PS3. With the occasional PC stratagy games like: Warcraft 1, 2, 3 (never got into WOW), Age of Empires, and Age of Mythology.

As far as game styles I've done them all over the years but now that I'm older, I just don't have the patience for stratagy and RPG as much any more. I stick with Action/Adventure or FPS nowadays.

Didn't get into the multiplayer thing until MW2 though. Always was a single player guy until then.

Last edited by BigDaddyEarl71 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:21 pm

One trick Pony. I tried BF3 and didn't like it, but even if I did like it I would have choose to play one or the other. It's hard enough trying to play 2 consoles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
ArcaniX

ArcaniX

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm a multi-game maniac at heart, but time gets in the way of playing multi-games...
The only way I've managed to expand the time horizon again is through playing SNES on my mobile phone... Ahh... Final Fantasy VI was awesome the first time around, and plays surprisingly well on Android...

As for the 1-up mushroom chime... You're not crazy... It's my text message notification and my phone was nearby when we were taking it up the ....... Good ear to pick that out of the mess of explosions!!

You might also hear the opening theme of Final Fantasy over the comm, it's probably my phone again... Ringing...

Or the Zelda 'Secret' sound...

Wow.
I guess I probably just showed my multi-game maniac colours... But I never confuse my phone with anyone elses!!!!

Re-evaluating my phone ringers/notifications... ... ... ...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ArcaniX5696?feature=watch
Psycho Reaper33

Psycho Reaper33

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:18 pm

I mostly played rpg's for computer, xbox, playstation, playstation 2 and playstation 3. Yes I used to have a Playstation 3. Didn't really start playing shooters until I got BF2 then went to Black Ops and on to MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:35 pm

It seems I am a little different that the average player here. I really don't give a rat's ass about Call of Duty. I have only played these since late july of last year. I play them because you guys play them. I love the social aspect of these games. If you listen you learn about the people you play with.

I don't know what kind of gamer I am. I am looking forward to the new Hitman and Assassin's Creed. I like sports games when i play against people. I will never actually play an entire season. I loved Mass Effect (thanks Pariah). And Skyrim was awesome. favorite game of all time...Quake.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:43 pm

I’m a way old school gamer too. Played Dr. J vs. Larry Bird and Ultima III on my Apple ][+ clone back in the day. Earl Weaver Baseball on my cousin’s Amiga. So much that I eventually took it to my house to play it when he didn’t want it anymore. Tetris and SimCity on the Mac in college.

NBA Jam, Madden on Sega Genesis. Then I discovered RPGs – I finished a few like Suikoden and Vandal Hearts on PSone. I loved Ridge Racer and later the Ace Combat series. Super Mario 64 on N64. Counterstrike on the PC, Halo on the Xbox. Final Fantasy Tactics and Civilzation Revolution on the DS. Lumines on the PSP. And now Black Ops and COD. I just got Assassin’s Creed 3.

So let’s see – we’ve got sports, RPG, racing, arcade fighter, action, FPS, Turn-based RPG, simulation, puzzle. So yeah, I’m kind of a multi-gamer. Time and kids limit me now more than anything.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
WREG

WREG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 2

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:54 pm

I never was too good at Madden, sooooo......I still have my NES and copy of Super Tecmo Bowl. I play it every once in a great while to relive my old glory days in college. I was a beast at this game. I made plenty of grown men weep. My team was the 49ers! Joe Montana the greatest QB ever to play the game.....IMO. geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Couple challenges for you Wreg

1. rush for 1,000 yard and pass for 1,000 yards with Randel cunniham

2. Rush for 1,000 yards with Barry Word and Christain Okeyee in the same season.

3. miss a field goal Laughing
Back to top Go down
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 pm

I guess I would have to say that I'm an old fart, noob, one trick pony I saw my first video game, Pong, when I was 24 years old around 1975 in a Sears store in Austin, TX but never played it. I played asteriods once in while mostly in video arcades. The first video game I owned was a Nintendo Pac Man given to me by my mother in law around 1989? I played Tiger Woods PGA Tour about 5 years ago at my grandsons home. I got COD WaW for the Wii about 3 years ago but only played campaign until a year and a half ago when my son in law suggested playing multiplayer so I could play with my grandson, I was hooked immediately. So, I've only been playing COD multiplayer for about a year and a half and only about 2 1/2 months of that time on Xbox. I still have a lot to learn but I'm having lots of fun nearly everyday trying to get better.
Back to top Go down
mspiderw

mspiderw

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 1

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:53 pm

I've been playing since Atari Pong! Thank the Heavens I don't have to put quarters in a damn machine anymore. I'd be broke!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

I started as a PC gamer. Played WoW from Beta all the way to 2 months after Cataclysm launched and realized I didnt like it anymore. Bought an X Box and have been playing that since last Dec. I play CoD and BF3 more than anything. I like shooting pixel people in their faces.

Being a recruiter for the Army, when I shoot the pixel people I just think about all the mouth breathing, oxygen wasting idiots that I am exposed to daily in this fucktarded ass liberal state.

Last edited by VoodooRedneck on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Naven

Naven

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 30

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 pm

I am a very eclectic gamer. I like most things except RPGs on consoles. I have a 62k gamer score, which is more pathetic than anything... but it says something about my open interest in games (and my OCD). I love the Halo story and other great epic tales like Mass Effect, C.O.D. is really the only game I play online. But, I love games of all types.
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Gaming since I was 8; first system was the all mighty ColecoVision - then atari, nes, snes all the typical games for those consoles. As an adult really started gaming on the PC with EQ - played for about 5 years moved to WoW - then rift, WoW again, AOC, WoW again then swtor, then WoW again... Always played Cod and Madden since cod2 and madden 06 between all the mmo gameplay - As for the last year more about the console than anything - always BO and Mw3 with some random madden mixed in. I guess at this point I am a one trick pony with the COD series

However I will never forget the joy of getting the allmighty power glove

what type of gamer are you? Powerg10
Back to top Go down
chavarlison

chavarlison

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:49 am

I was mostly a strategy gamer growing up.
Civilization
Warmonger
Warcraft
Dune
Famicom Wars
Herzog Zwei
Starcraft
Command & Conquer
Xcom
Homeworld
Star Wars Rebellion
Shogun Total War
Rise of Nations
Sins of a Solar Empire
Endwar

And then there were the hybrid RPG/Strategy games.
Fire Emblem
Shining Force
Dragon Force
Heroes of Might & Magic
PuzzleQuest
Valkyria Chronicles

And then I progressed to rooting for the bad guy.
Populous
Dungeon Keeper
Evil Genius
Black and White(emphasis on black)
Overlord
Grand Theft Auto
Prototype
Saints Row

But I did play them all: SHMUPS, RPG, RTS, FPS, Action, Adventure, Simulation, Side scrollers, Fighting, MMOs.

But if I had to pick, with the amount of strategy games I play it's a no brainer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what type of gamer are you?   what type of gamer are you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what type of gamer are you?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next