Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Not a good first impression

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

Not a good first impression Empty
PostSubject: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:18 am

I would love to say that I enjoyed playing the game, but I wouldn't know with all the problems I had with the Black Ops servers and unwanted updates.

When I got home last night, I put the game in and let it do its thing as far as downloading the game updates and Nuketown 2025 maps. I quickly ate dinner while this was happening so that I would be ready to go as soon as the downloads were complete. After what felt like an eternity watching the % bar creep across the screen, it finally finished and I was able to jump into Boot Camp to get a feel for the game and how the new pick 10 worked.

My joy and excitement lasted for all of 45 minutes before losing the connection to the Black Ops 2 servers. I tried multiple times to reconnect but with no luck, even the profanity was forcing the servers to work. After multiple attempts to connect on the multiplayer, I finally gave up and jumped over to Zombies. Still no luck connecting to the server via Zombies, but that didn't surprise me. I attempted to play a Local game of Nuketown Zombies. The excitement was coming back as I began to wreak havok on their dead foot dragging asses. That last about 5 minutes before some stupid ass "Execution" error popped up on the screen and kicked me back to the main menu. The profanities were flying at this point and I rage quit the console off.

After an hour off cooling off I went back for another attempt. Still no luck connecting to the servers, XBox Live was testing fine, but no Ops server were available. Just as I was ready to quit again, here came a game invite from Reaper. What the hell, maybe that might work. YES!! I was finally able to get into a game party, but why would it take a game invite to let me join a game instead of a normal attempt...good grief the disappointment with this game was just growing.

I was finally able to run a couple of Domination games with other members of the x30x. Now, when I say a couple of games, that is what I mean. After 2 games, I get a message on my screen saying that my playlist has been updated (automatically) and it is no longer compatible with other members of the game party so I was booted from the group. We attempt to group back up with me as the game party leader but their playlist were now older than mine and it wouldn't be possible unless they restarted the game to update their playlist. What the hell!!! At that point I gave up and called it a night, no need for them to have to reboot and risk not being able to join the server just so that I could play. My apologizes for having to leave to those that I was playing with at the time.

I really hope this is fixed quickly before my next attempt to play. I may end up jumping back to MW3 or BO if this continues to happen. Just my thoughts on how my experience with Black Ops 2 started. Major thumbs down at this point. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 am

Didn't have this problem at all last night, hope it's better for you today
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Have you tried saving the game on your hard drive?
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:43 pm

SwollenCamel wrote:
Have you tried saving the game on your hard drive?

Yes, that was the first thing I did before downloading all the Nuketown maps.

I had no problem with any other game I tried to play, only Black Ops 2.
Back to top Go down
o RED ARROW o

o RED ARROW o

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 15

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

I got on around 8:30 PM last night, downloaded the updates in a few minutes and played for 3 hours with no connection problems
Back to top Go down
HcMaximus

HcMaximus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey Indy you are not alone I have no good first impressions either.

I had not that many issues with my connection (as you may know I'm in Mexico) but there are 3 things that really caught my attention:

1) Spawn system: I remember woody saying that the spawn system in this game was nearly perfect... What the heck is terrible, much, much, much MUCH, worse that MW3. Literally i have killed some enemies and after that they re-spawn right behind me WTF. Plus I'm a big Assasin/Ghost perk user, I like to sneak behind enemy lines and do some damage there, sometimes in dom you can keep the enemy team that busy in their own spawn that they can't get closer to the other 2 flags. So with that many UAV's going I'm all screw up.

2)lag compensation: again terrible lag comp. at least in MW3 was somehow fair. In this one is total BS. You may be behind a window with coverage and high ground advantage, aiming down your sights and somebody will take you down from far away while turning and using an SMG

3) Game flow, since BO1 i don't feel the game flowing naturally like the MW series, I don't know if it is just me but I don't feel it right.

After day 1 and just 2 hours of play I'm very tempted to go back to MW3 Sad . And don't get me wrong I think i was not that bad yesterday my KDR is at 1.47 (coincidentally the same same as MW3) so at least I went on positive on most of my games. so is not related to being completely destroyed in BO2
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Indy,iv'e been looking around and can't seem to find another of your situations with the playlist's not matching it doesn't make sense (to me at least).

Did it download a small update as soon as you turned the game on?
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Swollen - the playlist update happened mid-game. Everyone in the party was compatible and suddenly it said my playlist had been updated and was newer than everyone else in the party.

I have seen plenty of complaints about the servers being offline in random situations. One had a pair of brothers who were playing in rooms next to each other and one lost his connection and couldn't get it back while the one in the room next door was working fine.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 5:01 pm

Yeah i've had the "offline servers" a couple times. still i don't know why it would update mid game.

But i'm no pro! i feel your fustration Indy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not a good first impression   Not a good first impression Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not a good first impression
Page 1 of 1