Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Empty
PostSubject: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:13 am

Hi all,

Maybe I'm going to sound a bit selfish here but read on maybe you will agree.

Recently, particularly on the UK side we've been playing private matches due to the party size of around 14/15 players.
I have no objection to this but due to some members not having the DLC maps we only play the original maps which I was bored of long ago. I like playing with clannies so put up with it.

However when MW3 comes along and if the rumours are true about a new DLC after 3 months and then 1 per month after that. it suggests that the game may not come with as many multiplayer maps as previous versions of the game. Infact each game has had 2 less maps than it's predecessor.

As I'm willing to fork out the extra for the hardened edition of MW3 and will be getting the DLC's as soon as I'm going to want to make the most of them as soon as.

Now this may mean causing bad feeling asking someone who doesn't have the DLC's to leave. I don't want that but I do want to get value for money for what I've paid for.

I don't know what other clannies think about it and would be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter.

Cheers all,

Inglorius
afro
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:19 am

Ye selfish prick, the cheek of ya, how could ya be so mean.

Had to get all that pc out of my system first, I agree 100..

hang on looking for the percent button

ah there it is % with ya Inglorious

clown

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:21 am

Its actually a pain in the ass at the moment not playing the newer maps, some of them are quite good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

Yes I would like to play on the new ones more, seems the last set of maps havent played with the clan on them much. Mostly randumbs, love hazard.

But don't get me wrong would perfer to play with clan on old maps vs play randumbs on new maps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:36 am

Thats what Inglorious is saying, he is bearing with it for the sake of playing with pals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:39 am

Exactly. :thumbs:

I don't really understand why anyone wouldn't buy them if they play a few times a week or more confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:50 am

Would love to play more Hanger and Drive-In...

As for the map packs...from what net nonsense i've heard (and we all know the internet doesn't lie) that it will be three full map packs for the general public but subscribed Elite will get maps sooner...but in single map aspects. if that makes sense
Back to top Go down
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:54 am

I will get the hardened edition as well.

The way I see it is that most people that don't have the map packs now may have just got the game recently. So they may not be willing to spend another $45 right after they buy the game. We have had our $45 spread out over 1 year. But yeah I like playing all the new maps except for a few. I still love some of the old maps as well, but I want a variety.
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

I realize everyone is in a different financial situation, but it makes it more enjoyable if everyone has the maps. I don't like ever having to ask someone to leave a lobby, but sometimes when I want to run Hardcore DLC to play Dom and someone who doesn't have the maps jumps into the lobby, it makes for uncomfortable conversations.

I would like to encourage everyone to get the Hardened edition up front, as it will make matchmaking easier and be more fun for all of us. If you can't swing it initially, that's totally cool, just try to save up the $14.99 to download them when they become available.

I hear the argument that "Activision already got $59.99 from me, so I'm not spending any more...screw them." Break down your time played by investment made and we're talking pennies per minute. The value is there.

The defense rests.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:16 am

fatbrowndog wrote:
I realize everyone is in a different financial situation, but it makes it more enjoyable if everyone has the maps. I don't like ever having to ask someone to leave a lobby, but sometimes when I want to run Hardcore DLC to play Dom and someone who doesn't have the maps jumps into the lobby, it makes for uncomfortable conversations.

I would like to encourage everyone to get the Hardened edition up front, as it will make matchmaking easier and be more fun for all of us. If you can't swing it initially, that's totally cool, just try to save up the $14.99 to download them when they become available.

I hear the argument that "Activision already got $59.99 from me, so I'm not spending any more...screw them." Break down your time played by investment made and we're talking pennies per minute. The value is there.

The defense rests.

Court is in session!!

insert FBD's statement here.

Court is Adjourned!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 am

agreed inglorious .. privates are getting boring because of this problem .. ill only ply with you all, its very rear i will play random's. and i understand why some haven't got them but it does make it difficult for me when im asked to play a dlc and i already know someone hasn't got them and i dont want to single out people so i just say we cant sorry ....

on the same note ... you may or may not know that if you have a close friend playing blops too you can share your packs ??? so if money is tight like at my house then there is a way to half the cost ... its all about download history ???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:22 am

I agree with all that is said here. I enjoy the new maps and like the variety of getting to play them all. I don't think we should ever require members to purchase DLC's as that is just a bullshit dick move, but at the same time that member should be willing to hop out of a private match so the party can play all maps.
I don't expect someone who has recently bought Black OPs to buy all the DLC's for just a couple of months play time. I do hope that everyone who is purchasing MW3 will get the DLC maps or buy the hardened up front.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:29 am

Serious question- What do you think the trade in value of Blops will be? Most of the time it's shit, and I'd rather drop it into the shredder than give it to gamestop for $5. I guess I could just keep it for the zombies. No zombies in MW3, right? That's a Treyarch exclusive I think...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:32 am

You are correct no zombies in MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am

yeah, you know i might keep it. since i ordered the Hardened Edition and have money left on my PS3 card, I might as well buy Rezurrection.

Guess I wont be taking it to the range and putting .40s through it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am

I really don't have a problem with people not having the maps. The original maps are fine with me. Maybe we should start a paypal map pack fund for people who cant get the maps not everyone can get the maps as soon as they come out. Just a thought anyways.
Back to top Go down
JK STEELERS68

JK STEELERS68

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 60

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:51 am

Not a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/JKSTEELERS68

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:53 am

If you can't get the maps, no big deal. Just be considerate enough to excuse yourself from a lobby if 5 other people want to play DLC. Or else you get Das Boot! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am

And that's kind of what I was asking in my thread if it was worth me picking up Black Ops again for the PS3. I did redownlaod the First Strike pack though so 1 out of 3.

I also forget that I had been playing them all a fair bit longer when I had the 360 so while I'll miss drive-thru, I won't rush out to spend another $30 on top of the $30-40 it will cost me to pick back up Blops used.

It's not so much the money as it is wasting it when in 6 or so weeks I might never play Blops again.

I want to play with you guys again on the PS3 but don't want to have to feel like a 3rd wheel because I'm missing 2 DLCs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:01 am

I don't mind playing old maps with you Carl. I am fine with it. I think the issue that was brought up was that the UK play a lot of private games and they enjoy the new maps for the private games so it behooves everyone to have the DLC's that are dorking around in the private partys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 am

Carl, I give you Special Dispensation. You are welcome to join my lobby any time! I can't vouch for Winicott though...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

I agree with N8. This sounds like a UK issue and their love of the private match where the real UK Grab Assing goes on.

I remember here in US lobbies we asked one person to leave one time so we could play the DLC the first few days it came out. Now though, I dont have a problem playing old school maps. Hazzard is the second worst place on earth. Old map only lobbies are full on Noobs who are easy to kill.

If you just bought the game then dont bother with the DLC. Not worth it IMHO for sure now since on Nov.8 there is almost no reason to put BO in unless MW3 is so unbalanced that it makes retruning to crappy hit detection worth it.

fatbrownasshat wrote:
Carl, I give you Special Dispensation. You are welcome to join my lobby any time! I can't vouch for Winicott though...

Carl never should have been allowed to join the PS3 side since we closed it shortly before he arrived. In retrospect, not allowing him to join PS3 may have prevented the PSN outage of 9/21. Now that he is here I will add him and play with him since it is not right for anyone to have to play with Randumbs.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 am

I have some feelers out on kijiji for a used copy so maybe I'll see you guys tonight with only my first strike pack. Nice to be able to redownload it though after like months and months of not having a PS3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:42 am

SHORTY_-77-_ wrote:
on the same note ... you may or may not know that if you have a close friend playing blops too you can share your packs ??? so if money is tight like at my house then there is a way to half the cost ... its all about download history ???

what is this you speak of?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:53 am

If you put your profile on a friends ps3 and then download the map packs when he logs in on his profile hey presto new maps. I think you can put it on 5 or 6 systems. Thats why if Carl takes up the kind offers he has from some of the guys in his region he will have all the packs. I am sure they wouldnt have offered if they werent serious.

It might also be a way for people who cant afford to pay for new maps on mw3. I can share in my region with any solid members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them   DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DLC Maps And Those That Don't Have Them
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next