Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Running with knives - how do we feel?

Go down 
+3
TheZeroDivide
TheCanisDirus
Ogbunabali
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Running with knives - how do we feel? Empty
PostSubject: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:12 am

Just wanted to see people's opinions on this set-up. You know the guys running around, perked up with just knives.

Personally I usually end up getting more kills off them than deaths as it pretty much relies on surprise IMO but there's an instinctive annoyance factor about getting silently knifed when you are just about to get that score streak, often accompanied by a muttered grumble about lack of ability Twisted Evil

So is it 'playing the game' or in the same bracket as camping or akimbo FMGs in MW3?
Back to top Go down
Ogbunabali

Ogbunabali

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 7:29 am

Each to there own, the only pain is when they run though 9 hits with a smg and stab you..... apart from that I don't care how anybody plays.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:05 am

Having unlocked the diamond camo for all specials i've ran around with just the combat knife and the ballistic knives for TONS of hours! Using only the knife and having a positive K/D takes skill IMO. It's fun to challenge yourself and beat up on people who can kill you in a second from across the map... stalking, keeping hidden by using cover (NOT corner camping) while always moving and then stabbing them in the back when you catch up?! Twisted Evil Playing like this can teach you better practices to use when running normal classes.

Try getting the necessary 5 bloodthirsty kills with only the combat knife equipped and tell me that doesn't take still! lol ok you can get lucky... There are also those who use the combat knife that just sprint through the open map wildly trying to kill... those guys (while it can be fun) are either just f'n around or are idiots.

I have a class set up for combat knife only... with Ghost-Lightweight / Fast Hands-Toughness / Dexterity - Engineer (or tac mask).... I'll stalk around, find someone and kill them take their gun then i'm in business with crazy perks and a grenade or combat axe. It's a good way to mix things up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:27 am

gun fer hire wrote:
Having unlocked the diamond camo for all specials
sweet, congrats, that's pretty tough I'd imagine.

gun fer hire wrote:
There are also those who use the combat knife that just sprint through the open map wildly trying to kill... those guys (while it can be fun) are either just f'n around or are idiots.
ha, yep that's what I'm referring to here, rather than a skilled stalking tactic, and they usually get mowed down as more than they kill.

I may give that load out a try tbh, only recently started using shotguns as I've always used SMGS or assault rifles in the past, and have become a convert. As you say it may be a good way to mix things up a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 9:51 am

You should, i highly recommend everyone have one class like that. I call it my juggernaut class. Switch out lightweight for flack jacket if that's more of your thing and you'll be a beast after you knife someone and take their weapon!

Just think... most people use one of the best 4 weapons... PDW, MSMC, Scorpion or FAL... you're likely to end up with one and then you're stacked with 6 perks and a grenade... you have such an advantage then. That is if you can get a game with a good connection ;P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Funny I was just thinking about building this class but for a different reason. I wanted to see what the best 6 perk setup would be and treat it like a chameleon class. Say your team mate has the unfortunate circumstance of dying in front of you, the enemy is all proud of their kill and then you come along pick up your team mates weapon and now the enemy has to deal with version 2.0 Twisted Evil Or you just run around picking up enemy weapons and show them how they work in the proper hands. I do have a question though, what would be your must have perks, and what would your last point be spent on?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:30 pm

The frustration with these classes is all from lag exploitation. The picture of your opponent, generated on your console, will be moving on a "predicted path" in front of where it was known to be in the last video frame. More lag equates to less certainty in the predicted position, and so the hit-box-them and picture-them diverge. The lightweight / knife class moves the fastest in the game, and can run twice as far as other classes, so the duration and magnitude of that divergence is amplified.

In short, they're hard to hit when they're stabbing to you in face 'cuz they're not "actually" in your face yet. A five foot lag is a total miss at that range, whereas at medium run-across-the-field range you'll get random accuracy bullets that hit the box behind them. Shoot behind them!

Oh, and keep all this in mind when you run the class. Everything everyone said above is true, but keeping the lag lagging in mind can turn you into a dirty, dirty little girl.

And do remember to put you button setting back to default.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

PopNKidRock wrote:
I do have a question though, what would be your must have perks, and what would your last point be spent on?

I switch between (2) basic 6-perck set ups. One for "slower", location based games like domination and the other for faster run and gun combat like in KC or CTF (attacking).

My Domination/Hardpoint/Headquarters 6-perck:
Perk 1: primary=Flack Jacket - secondary=Hardline
Perk 2: primary=Toughness - secondary=Scavenger
Perk 3: primary=Tactical Mask - secondary=Engineer
+ Smoke or C4
-This set-up allows me to capture B-flag much easier and defend choke points / areas after it is captured. The Flack Jacket + Tactical Mask pretty much makes you immune to most B-flag grenade spams. Smoke allows me to block sight lines or flags... the C4 allows me to wipe out 3 people on a flag to recapture or toss up into a building with overwatch.

My TDM/KC/CTF 6-perck:
Perk 1: primary=Lightweight - secondary=Ghost
Perk 2: primary=Toughness - secondary=Cold Blooded
Perk 3: primary=Extreme Conditioning - secondary=Dexterity
+ Pistol (which one depends on mood)
-This set-up allows me to use the pistol and get a quick first kill (most of the time) and quickly switch to the enemy's weapon (preferably i look for a silenced) to maximize my kills etc. The perks help you move quickly, aim fast and stay hidden. I find it's a great combo of perks for flanking.
Back to top Go down
TheZeroDivide

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 1:50 pm

How do we feel? Angry. Very angry.

Knifing's been a part of call of duty since it's inception. I just hate it because of connection inequality. I'd have no issue with knifing if there were still MW2 type connections.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheZeroDivideYT
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 pm

I've veen running knives (both combat and ballistic) just to get the diamond specials. I do find it annoying and there are some games where I die A LOT. However, running around knifing generally means you aren't playing the objective, so I always feel a slight pang of embarrassment when we start losing because no one is capping flags. Then I'll go back to my flag cap class to help us win the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
xXx MiGs xXx

xXx MiGs xXx

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 38

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:08 pm

Never done it, suppose I'll give it a whirl when I'm boored
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm I the only one that plays gun game and runs around just shanking people?
Back to top Go down
indyratpack

indyratpack

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 62

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Am I running with the pointed end away from me like scissors? scratch

I look forward to when all the holiday madness is over and I can find more time to try some of the setups I've been seeing on the forum.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 3:22 pm

YellowGeeHawd wrote:
I'm I the only one that plays gun game and runs around just shanking people?
I play sticks and stones just tomahawking people for setbacks
Back to top Go down
ImGoodIfYouSuck

ImGoodIfYouSuck

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 45

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 pm

gun fer hire wrote:

Try getting the necessary 5 bloodthirsty kills with only the combat knife equipped and tell me that doesn't take still! lol ok you can get lucky... There are also those who use the combat knife that just sprint through the open map wildly trying to kill... those guys (while it can be fun) are either just f'n around or are idiots.

I have 2 bloodthirsty so far, however I have 6 damn 4 kill streaks, it's a pain in the ass
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 4:37 pm

ImGoodIfYouSuck wrote:
gun fer hire wrote:

I have 2 bloodthirsty so far, however I have 6 damn 4 kill streaks, it's a pain in the ass

Yeah man it sucks! After struggling through the specials i could give a F#$K less about working on other camo's again lol. Pain in the ass. I just really really wanted the diamond Shield and Crossbow haha... things look badass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 pm

I hate those knifing fast bastards. They just sneak up on you.

But I think if they like it, each to their own strategy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:34 am

The good old Butter knife is useless in my hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running with knives - how do we feel?   Running with knives - how do we feel? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running with knives - how do we feel?
Page 1 of 1