Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox 720 and Used Games

Go down 
+4
The1UrLookin4
BlackDeath
TheCanisDirus
walldoggy
8 posters

Would you get the Xbox 720 if didn't allow you to play used games?
Doesn't matter, will definitely get it
Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_lcap31%Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
Probably
Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_lcap25%Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
No, on principle alone
Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_lcap19%Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
No, but not not because of the used games
Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_lcap13%Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
What's an Xbox?
Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_lcap12%Xbox 720 and Used Games Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

Xbox 720 and Used Games Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:59 pm

Would you get it if didn't allow you to play used games?

http://news.yahoo.com/next-gen-xbox-details-emerge-reinforcing-reports-used-164504269.html

Quote :
The latest report comes from Edge, which cites multiple unnamed people with “first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console” in claiming that the new Xbox will require an always-on internet connection to check disc registration in order to function. The report reinforces earlier rumors that Microsoft will restrict or even completely block owners’ ability to play used games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 4:54 pm

Used games... kind of a bummer. Must always be connected to the net to play!? Seriously... GTFO of here!
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 5:03 pm

honestly there isnt much difference between a used game and just waiting a few months after a title's release

im not too keen on the principal of the matter if you bought a game you bought the fucking game - just because you didn't pay top dollar for it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to play it

p.s. you broke a sacred forum poll rule you realize?

no boobs OR bacon WTF MAN!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
The1UrLookin4

The1UrLookin4

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 218

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm

How can they tell the difference between a used game and someone playing their game on another console on a secondary account in another room in the same house?
Back to top Go down
http://www.over30clan.com https://www.youtube.com/user/netxhunter
DeathByAK

DeathByAK

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 23

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:28 pm

I wanted to vote boobs. Sad

I'm not a big player in the used game market, so it really doesn't matter to me. I also don't have a ton of xbox titles outside of the CoD franchise.

I'm hopeful that the new console will open the door for a legit CoD killer that removes a large chunk of the frustration felt by all.
Back to top Go down
b5wagon

b5wagon

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 0

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:39 pm

I thought playstation was doing the same. It does suck I trade all my old games in.
Back to top Go down
SwollenCamel

SwollenCamel

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 44

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

DeathByAK wrote:
I wanted to vote boobs. Sad

I'm not a big player in the used game market, so it really doesn't matter to me. I also don't have a ton of xbox titles outside of the CoD franchise.

I'm hopeful that the new console will open the door for a legit CoD killer that removes a large chunk of the frustration felt by all.

See that's all they have to do.........market it as the next biggest thing out there that address's all the problems we currently have,then jack the price up and make mega buck's on the pre-order it now and get blah blah blah.

It's so easy to do because we're all suckers right?

They truly are clever bastards!

Remember folks,if there's profits in it,they will do it!
Back to top Go down
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 8

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 pm

I can see this becoming an issue if they do block used games on the new console. U r going to limit who u can play with within the clan since not everyone will buy the new unit right away or maybe for quite sometime. I know I wont b buying it right off the bat although I want to but the almighty $$ speaks. Gonna suck for a while that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 9:56 pm

I'm not sure what this really means.

Always on console....ok....I can deal with that since mine is always on anyway.

Used games......eh....I can wait on 90% of titles til the 39.99 price drop (or lower).

Is the game tied to the the gamertag or something though like EA? I don't buy EA games for mulitplayer because of that feature. I buy a game for my FAMILY to use so I want to use it across gamertags and across consoles. If I can't do that then it will be a major issue.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 pm

My guess they leaked this rumor to gauge the public opinion. Since the real question here is "Will future content be exclusively digital?" IMO this console will certainly reach for more of that but not quite rely on it solely.

And when we're talking digital content like Steam has on PC - yes that one account gets access to the content and that's it. If you want to play that content you need to be signed into that account. My guess is with Steam's console they will try and mimic XBOX and the whole family plan deal. Because us adults don't want our kids fucking up our K/D and shit LOL.

Another thing to ask yourself is WHY would MS want to stop the re-sale or play of used games? Are studios lobbying MS to nix the idea of used games? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm

BlackDeath wrote:

Another thing to ask yourself is WHY would MS want to stop the re-sale or play of used games? Are studios lobbying MS to nix the idea of used games? Who knows.

Think this one is self evident. MS doesnt make a dime on resold used games nor as much if u have to buy a license to play multi player. They want all the dollars they can get period. The used game market is huge. Gamestop alone in 2010 sold $2,469 million in used games vs $3,968 million new. Not chump change by any means.
Back to top Go down
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 pm

gk daddio 65 wrote:
BlackDeath wrote:

Think this one is self evident. MS doesnt make a dime on resold used games nor as much if u have to buy a license to play multi player. They want all the dollars they can get period. The used game market is huge. Gamestop alone in 2010 sold $2,469 million in used games vs $3,968 million new. Not chump change by any means.
MS gets a cut of every new game sold, as do the publishers. However, only Gamestop gets a cut of used games sold in their stores. The publisher, I assume, gets most if not all the cost of the online "key" for used multiplayer games. Maybe they get a cut of that too, but I'm sure it's much less than what they get for each new game. The publishers want some cut of the secondary market, or eliminate it all together, which is why they are pushing this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
gk daddio 65

gk daddio 65

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 am

walldoggy wrote:
gk daddio 65 wrote:
BlackDeath wrote:

MS gets a cut of every new game sold, as do the publishers. However, only Gamestop gets a cut of used games sold in their stores. The publisher, I assume, gets most if not all the cost of the online "key" for used multiplayer games. Maybe they get a cut of that too, but I'm sure it's much less than what they get for each new game. The publishers want some cut of the secondary market, or eliminate it all together, which is why they are pushing this.

Thats what I pretty much said but yes eliminating the secondary market is that only real way to increase additional profits. Wouldn't doubt that it would bring in an additional 25% revenue for them so why wouldn't they move that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox 720 and Used Games   Xbox 720 and Used Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox 720 and Used Games
Page 1 of 1