Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!

Go down 
+3
NukeLaCoog
BlackDeath
TheCanisDirus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Empty
PostSubject: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:57 am

Looks like the brains behind CoD and Infinity Ward who left to form Respawn might be doing an exclusive deal with M$ for their next gen console.

What do you think... would that be enough to keep you with Xbox or make you switch from Sony? I'm more hesitant to switch to Sony... but so far the PS4 is damn appealing.

Via Kotaku:

The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say
The long-awaited first game from Respawn Entertainment—the studio helmed by the creators of Call of Duty—will be exclusive to the next-gen Xbox, according to two unrelated sources familiar with the game. One of our sources indicates that there will also be an Xbox 360 version, but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.

Oh, you didn't think the console wars were over, did you?

The new game from Respawn is a futuristic multiplayer-centric online shooter, one of our sources says. The source describes the game as a battle of Davids and Goliaths. The Davids are heavily-armed foot soldiers. The Goliaths are the giant exosekeltons—Titans—that these soldiers can pilot. These Titans are big mech-style walkers that move with an agility not seen in games like Mechwarrior or Steel Battalions.

Rumor: Infinity Ward Working on Sci-Fi Title
An alleged insider allegedly with Infinity Ward allegedly told TalkPlayStation.com that the Call of … Read…
To keep the action balanced, game maps limit the number of Titans that can be used in a skirmish. Weapon loadouts for the foot soldiers are designed to ensure that the characters on foot can take out the Titans if need be. The source who described the game does not work at Respawn, but their description tracks with the long-reported desire by the former Infinity Ward team to make a sci-fi shooter.

Earlier this month, other reporters noticed that Respawn had trademarked the word "Titan."

An Xbox-only Respawn game would be a coup for Microsoft and a fascinating twist to a number of significant sagas.

While the details of the game came to us from one source—a source who is in a good position to know what the deal is with Respawn's game—their assertion that the game is destined only for Microsoft console hardware was consistent with information another source gave us earlier this month. That other source had also told us that Respawn's game would only be for the Xbox brand. It is possible that the game could be a timed exclusive, but neither source indicated that was the case.

An Xbox-only Respawn game would be a coup for Microsoft and a fascinating twist to a number of significant sagas. It has implications for publisher EA's rivalry with Call of Duty publisher Activision; for Microsoft's competition with Sony and, less directly with Nintendo; as well as for the ongoing debate about always-online gaming. Two sources have told us that this new game is, in fact, always-online.

Ousted Modern Warfare 2 Creators Respawn, Sign With Former Rivals
The drama involving the creators of one of the biggest franchises in gaming continues as Jason West … Read…
RQ
Respawn Entertainment was formed in 2010 following the ouster of studio chiefs Vince Zampella and Jason West from the Activision-owned Infinity Ward. The mega-publisher of Call of Duty, Guitar Hero and Skylanders accused the two of insubordination and plotting to jump to rival EA where, prior to making Call of Duty the men had made a Medal of Honor game. Zampella and West sued back as did dozens of Infinity Ward developers who bailed on the studio, many of whom to work with the former bosses. Zampella and West quickly signed a deal with EA to have that company, which creates its own Battlefield games to compete with Call of Duty, publish their first game. Litigation between the Respawn people and Activision has been settled. West has since left Respawn. Zampella recently teased that his studio would finally be showing their game at E3.

Kotaku reached out to representatives from Respawn and EA for this story and will update this story should they choose to comment. When asked about the possible console-exclusivity for the game, a rep for Microsoft reminded us that the company does not comment on rumors or speculation.

Watch 17 Minutes Of Battlefield 4 Gameplay, Right Here
EA just released this enormous 17-minute gameplay demonstration of Battlefield 4's… Read…
RQ
The new Respawn game's sci-fi setting would appear to distinguish it from EA's own modern Battlefield series. It might also finally deliver the sci-fi game that the heads of Respawn wanted to make at Activision but claimed they couldn't when the publisher pushed them to instead continue the Modern Warfare line of games. The references to Titans and the recent trademark could be a tweak at Activision Blizzard, whose Blizzard studios are working on a new massively multiplayer game—their first since World of Warcraft—that is codenamed Titan.

Since Respawn's game is coming from EA, it may surprise gamers to think of it as a potential exclusive for the next-gen Xbox (codenamed Durango) and the Xbox 360. While the PS2/Xbox/GameCube era was rife with platform-exclusive third-party games, large gaming publishers have been shying away from releasing games exclusively on one platform in the PS3/360/Wii era. Occasionally, you'll have a Ni No Kuni only on PS3 or a Fez only, at first, on 360. Those modern exclusives, however, have tended to be the results of publishing decisions tied to regional popularity of the systems (Ni No Kuni was made first and foremost for a Japanese audience; the 360 struggles mightily in that market) or due to aggressive deals for independent games.

Bungie's Destiny Is Coming To PS4
Destiny will be out for PlayStation 4, developer Bungie announced today.Read…
The biggest modern gaming series series, the Call of Dutys, Need for Speeds, the Grand Theft Autos, and the like, have been released for most or all consoles, the better to sell the most copies. In the current hardware generation, publishers and platform-holders have preferred to craft deals for early access to downloadable content. Bethesda, for example, inked deals with Microsoft to release expansions to Skyrim first on the Xbox 360. Activision did the same with expansions to Call of Duty games, though the company revealed in February that it would give Sony's PlayStation 4 first crack at downloadable content for Destiny, the next game from Bungie Studios, the former Xbox-only makers of Halo.

The Next Xbox Will Be Revealed On May 21
The next Xbox will be unveiled in late May, Microsoft has just confirmed. This is the first time… Read…
EA reps didn't take the stage at Sony's PS4 reveal event in February. Perhaps they were saving news of an exclusive game for Microsoft's May 21 next-gen Xbox reveal?

One of our sources tells us that Respawn's futuristic shooter will be designed for multiplayer. In fact, they say, the game is always-online.

The new Respawn game, one of our sources tells us, is made on a modified version of Valve's Source engine, not on internal EA tech. The source believes the game looks very good on Durango but not as good as EA's internally-made Battlefield 4. That source also says that Respawn is only working on the Durango version of the game and is hand-picking a studio to make the 360 edition.

Respawn's Call of Duty games looked very good, but it wasn't their graphics alone that made them juggernauts. The games hooked players with a role-playing-game-style progression of weapon and skill unlocks, rewarding players with experience points for killing—or for assisting in the kills of—enemy players. Those points piled up, match after match, enabling players to unlock those new abilities and use them in future matches.

Fittingly, one of our two sources for the new game tells us that Respawn's futuristic shooter will be designed for multiplayer. In fact, they say, the game is always-online. The always-online detail was also offered by our other source. We haven't been able to clarify whether the game would permit offline play.

The Next Xbox Will Require an Internet Connection To Start Games, Sources Say
Two Kotaku sources have added more credence to the rumor that the next Xbox, expected to battle the … Read…
RQ
It's been widely reported by Kotaku and others that the Durango may require an online connection. While that detail remains in dispute, if Microsoft could promise a publisher like EA that all or most users of its console would be able to go online, that'd work well for a shooter with such a requirement. Notably, EA recently required PC gamers to have an online connection for SimCity, to some players' consternation. The difference here is that a multiplayer-centric shooter would seem to suit an always-online set-up.

The Respawn game's multiplayer will operate on a grand scale, one of our sources said, with players picking between two massive factions and with all of their experience in the game counting toward the progress of their faction. The source said multiplayer would support 16 players but that Respawn would add AI-controlled characters to make the action more frenetic and to give novice players a greater chance to score some kills.

Our source was less clear on whether the game would have a single-player mode but speculated that players might be able to go into maps and battle only against bots. They did not think that the game would have a standalone linear campaign, which might disappoint those who enjoyed the excitement and narrative daring of Modern Warfare's solo campaigns.

We've heard from other sources that Microsoft is not where they want to be at this point in the pre-launch development of Durango. A reliable source—one who was not part of our reporting about the Respawn game—tells us that Microsoft is as much as six months behind in producing content for the new console, despite an expected late-2013 launch. Another tells us that Microsoft recently cancelled several internal next-gen projects because they were not coming together as hoped. These sources have told us that, comparatively, Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4.

Our sources have told us that Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4 than Microsoft is with Durango.

We'd also heard from an industry insider that Microsoft was aggressively trying to sign exclusive games for Durango. Given the lack of internal development at Microsoft—their internal studios, while talented, are outnumbered by those of Sony and Nintendo—and given some of the apparent recent stumbles and slowdowns internally, signing an exclusive Respawn-EA game would suit the Durango quite well.

While we can safely assume that we'll all see Respawn's game at E3, the source that shared the most specifics of the game with us said we shouldn't expect to play the game until some time next year. They expect it to be a full-sized, boxed retail game.

Given Respawn's pedigree, there's a strong chance the new game will be good. But if it's truly Durango/360-only, multiplayer-centric and always-online, it will also be a test of buying habits, tastes, Internet connections and the allure of picking a next-gen Xbox possibly over anything else.
Back to top Go down
BlackDeath

BlackDeath

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 180

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 am

I believe as a studio or developer you are pigeon hole'n yourself with an "exclusive" title. They better have one helluva contract. Technology has driven inter / cross platform interpolarity for years now. I would never buy distinct hardware for "exclusive" software.

I plan on buying the new Xbox and that's it. Consoles are too expensive (and I'm too cheap) to buy 'one of each'. When 90%+ of the games are on every console/system I feel it's pointless to purchase hw for the handful of 'exclusive' titles.

Respawn was created by Vince and Jason right? The guys who got rail roaded by Activision? I hope their game dwarfs COD (and I bet it will).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/axblackdeathxa
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 am

^^Yup i'm with you as far as exclusives. I was a PS guy before the first Xbox... and have been Xbox since. The PS4 sounds damn amazing... and rumors of the Xbox are lackluster at best so far. I'll have to wait to make a decision... but as of now PS4 with their exclusive Destiny content might win me over.

And i also hope this game rumored to be called "Titans" destroys CoD. I just can't imagine EA and Respawn signing an exclusivity deal (well aside from not making a WiiU version lol) and eliminating a HUGE portion of the market if they're aiming straight for CoD.

I personally don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am

For me, there isn't 1 single game that will shape my decision to buy a particular console especially not a new IP futuristic shooter. Respawn has a great pedigree, but that one game (that won't come out until 2014 at the earliest) isn't worth the gamble on an expected $500 price tag on a console.

This part is a little concerning regarding the XBOX, but it may or may not be true.

Quote :
"We've heard from other sources that Microsoft is not where they want to be at this point in the pre-launch development of Durango. A reliable source—one who was not part of our reporting about the Respawn game—tells us that Microsoft is as much as six months behind in producing content for the new console, despite an expected late-2013 launch. Another tells us that Microsoft recently cancelled several internal next-gen projects because they were not coming together as hoped. These sources have told us that, comparatively, Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4.

Our sources have told us that Sony is in better shape and further along with hardware and software development for PlayStation 4 than Microsoft is with Durango.

We'd also heard from an industry insider that Microsoft was aggressively trying to sign exclusive games for Durango. Given the lack of internal development at Microsoft—their internal studios, while talented, are outnumbered by those of Sony and Nintendo—and given some of the apparent recent stumbles and slowdowns internally, signing an exclusive Respawn-EA game would suit the Durango quite well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
walldoggy

walldoggy

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 173

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:50 am

I suppose if MS throws enough money at them, they would do it. Would certainly make up for development cancellations at this point in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/walldogkl2010
Dubious Baller

Dubious Baller

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:34 pm

I dont think its bad business to do exclusives if your not established. Im not sure how long they contract exclusives for but I would imagine perks of free advertisement probably a certain amount of cash flow or anything along those lines.
Back to top Go down
Cenobia

Cenobia

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 3

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 9:22 pm

I will always go with the Sony console. Sony has far more 1st party studios and more games I'm interested in. It seems like they are going in the right direction for next gen too, making games easier to program by using traditional PC-similar architecture.

That being said, I basically got the PS3 in anticipation for The Last Guardian (from Team ICO), and since this has yet to be released I might as well buy the PS4 for it too... Sad

God Dam I can't wait for that game.

Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! The-Last-Guardian-Header
Back to top Go down
Horst Schist

Horst Schist

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 14

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
^^And i also hope this game rumored to be called "Titans" destroys CoD. I just can't imagine EA and Respawn signing an exclusivity deal (well aside from not making a WiiU version lol) and eliminating a HUGE portion of the market...

... if they're aiming straight for CoD.

They're not. They're flanking them.

It sounds like it could be available on the 360 as well. Build a following that coincides with the gradual cross over to next-gen consoles, then release the follow up title on all consoles.

Whatever-- I'll buy it. BF4 and Titans could provide enough variety to buy a good amount of time on the current console before upgrading at a more reasonable price point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!   Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox "720" to get BIG exclusive!
Page 1 of 1