Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Domination Strategy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Domination Strategy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:50 pm

I agree with the basic domination strategy of a lone player grabbing A, but one thing to note is that some maps lend themselves to a rush and 'nading of the opposing spawn flag. When I spawn at C on Summit or Radiation, for example, I will use a lightweight, warlord pro, marathon pro class and rush the left side for A, tossing nades and flashes. I have scored several triple kills this way. It forces the other team to divide their attention at the outset from B and removes the spawn flag cappers who would then move up to B as a second wave. To defend this tactic, I always start domination with a "grab" class using flak jacket and tactical mask pro. This setup lets me survive most grenade attacks to grab A and/or B. That class set up is very effective in objective games since people assume their tactical grenades and napalm will clear out the enemy. It even enables you to use the enemy's napalm as cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 3:15 pm

El Guapo Pelu wrote:
I agree with the basic domination strategy of a lone player grabbing A, but one thing to note is that some maps lend themselves to a rush and 'nading of the opposing spawn flag. When I spawn at C on Summit or Radiation, for example, I will use a lightweight, warlord pro, marathon pro class and rush the left side for A, tossing nades and flashes. I have scored several triple kills this way. It forces the other team to divide their attention at the outset from B and removes the spawn flag cappers who would then move up to B as a second wave. To defend this tactic, I always start domination with a "grab" class using flak jacket and tactical mask pro. This setup lets me survive most grenade attacks to grab A and/or B. That class set up is very effective in objective games since people assume their tactical grenades and napalm will clear out the enemy. It even enables you to use the enemy's napalm as cover.

Ye I actually look foward to bathing in enemy napalm using Flack Pro....sometimes I am running Hardline Pro and forget though, then that kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:14 pm

so the 2 strategies are cap ab or bc and chaos? What happens if you divide the team in 2 and put half on a and half on b? do they just spawn from the middle? I haven't played a lot of dom, but when I have b is always the hard one to hold. Just wondering if it's a tactic that's been tried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Sturdy- this post is for Black Ops Dom. This strategy works great for that game. MW3 seems to have acompletely different feel. In BO you could control the Chaos a little better by holding your spawns flag and B. Now if you get too close into B and dont leave anyone behind they flank you very easily or worse, they spawn behind you. Then comes the chaos and then you suddenly lose all 3 flags.

We are still learning how to play DOM on MW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Oh I know Wini, I'm currently using MW3 as a coaster for my drinks. It's much less annoying that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 11:55 am

nothing on mw3 yet?

it seems like this 1a 4b hold strategy would work just as well on mw3

thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 pm

Hold A and B. Cap C and lose all three! <--- Over30clan motto!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 pm

Awesome. good to know thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:05 pm

bmbags, check out this link for thoughts on MW3 Dom. It feels like now that we are a bit bigger there are more opinions on how to dominate on dom, part of our evolution. Best thing is to get in game with a group and get a feel for it. I will adapt my play depending on who I am running with.

https://over30clan.forumotion.com/t2475-winning-dom-game-strategies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for the link Chef

orgi borgi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: My take on Domination (Previous Clan Strategist of [OP])   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 2:54 pm

DOMINATION: BLACK OPS

Strategy:

1. Assuming a six man team, five will capture the spawn flag while one person runs immediately to the secondary flag. Upon capturing the spawn flag, the entire team proceeds to push and/or defend the secondary flag. The goal of the one person to the secondary flag in the beginning is to simply make sure the other team isn’t rushing it. If they are, that person needs to be ready with quick explosives to get them off the flag until the rest of the team gets there

(I know this isn’t a popular idea but it’s crucial. In a match type where any flag yields one point per three seconds, time is paramount. The quicker you cap any flag, the quicker you’ll be on the scoreboard.)

2. Once both flags are under control, there’s two different ways to defend. On linear maps, five players control the secondary flag and the middle of the map as best as possible. One person will stay between the spawn flag and the secondary flag as a means of long range backup for the other five and to quickly defend the spawn flag if necessary.

3. For triangle maps, I find it best to assign a team of two to each flag and then have two floaters. These floaters will have to analyze the map information and listen to call outs to try and understand where the heaviest pressure will be. This creates a highly flexible emergency response team to handle any problems either two man team may have.

Spawns:

1. I want to talk a little bit about spawns. The engine has ways of determining where it will spawn a player of any given team. This criteria is based on my personal understanding of the system but I can guarantee you it is very close to how the engine determines spawns.

Did the team just capture an objective?
If yes, then spawn at objective
If no, continue…
Who is the longest living member of the team?
Spawn in proximity to team member
What is the relative proximity of enemies?
If an area about 30% or larger is devoid of enemies and your team has not recently captured an objective then you may spawn here.

I want to show this because it’s imperative that players know what spaces to occupy on a map and when to push objectives. An additional role of the person to stay near the spawn flag is to ensure that your team continuously spawns in a safe area. Also, it keeps the enemy team from spawning there as well. If a team member is running around in the other teams spawn then the engine is going to eventually look for a new place to spawn them. If you have a team member watching your spawn flag then the engine can’t spawn them there. This is why it’s not a good idea to have anyone on your team too far past the secondary flag.

Lastly, I recommend that any time your spawn flag gets taken over that you immediate run to the enemy teams spawn flag and capture it. We see that objective capturing is the highest priority spawn variable on the list. So with that in mind we know that if the enemy team takes your spawn flag then they will immediately start spawning there. Your secondary flag team is already much closer to the other spawn flag and can capture it with little to no resistance. This moment of transition by team members is the riskiest but only relatively as the other team still has to run all the way to the secondary flag to engage you.

Example Classes:

I’m going to show you what I use for both roles in Domination just as a way to convey how these strategies work in real combat.

(1) DEFENDER: This guy runs to the secondary immediately as the match starts. Once two flags are under control, he watches the spawn flag to ensure safe spawns and keep the flag secure. This guy relays map info to the team about enemy positions and focuses on keeping air traffic low.

Galil, dual mags/silencer
Strela for air control (this is very important, whoever controls the mini-map, controls the game.)
Frags (long distance explosive, silent and hard to track back to source)
Nova Gas (effectively blocks popular paths, can also be placed on flags for momentary defense.)
C4 (Can be left at flags and detonated from anywhere, making you more agile and able to traverse the map without worrying about the flag.)
Ghost Pro
Warlord Pro
Hacker Pro (You can see enemy equipment from really far away, allowing you to tell the team where others may be hiding.
Killstreaks: Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, SR-71 (control that map!)(Use SAM turret if you can’t reliably reach SR-71 often)

(2) ASSAULT: These players worry about getting to objectives quickly and maintaining that control.

Famas, dual mags (you will burn through ammo)
Any pistol (the goal here is to use it instead of having to use sleight of hand. Also, every other reload with dual mags is quicker, further negating the need for sleight of hand.)
Semtex (explodes quicker, no need to sit idle and cook)
Nova (same reason as for Defender.)
Claymore (quickly set it up in popular paths as a quick notification system and defense.)
Flak Jacket (Because you’re going to be a big target)
Steady Aim (Because just pulling the trigger in CQC is much quicker)
Second Chance (I can’t tell you how many times I’ve capped flags in Second Chance because the enemy didn’t see it coming or was just too far away to do anything about it.)
Killstreaks: Spy Plane, Counter Spy Plane, Napalm Strike (Help control the map with continuous Spy Planes/Counter Spy Planes and use Napalm Strike to instantly cut off entire areas of a map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Im starting to see allot of the 30 clan likes to play Domination.I have not played very much of it for the most part I play HC TDM.What would be a all round kit for black ops and MW3 for Domination?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:55 pm

Classes are not nearly as important as capping/ defending the most advantageous flags and covering the choke points worrying about class setup is a waste of time as most 30's set up classes according to their play style.......this topic has now been derailed.

And yes 95% of the 30's Prefer to play core DOM and some believe there are no other game modes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Stream_Man wrote:
Classes are not nearly as important as capping/ defending the most advantageous flags and covering the choke points worrying about class setup is a waste of time as most 30's set up classes according to their play style.......this topic has now been derailed.

And yes 95% of the 30's Prefer to play core DOM and some believe there are no other game modes.
Stream man thank you for the advise and I do apologize if I derailed this thread.lm a noob to the forum and still trying not to post topics in the wrong threads.
Back to top Go down
DELTAxDOG

DELTAxDOG

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 65

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 am

You didnt derail it badger, he must have been talking about what was said before you asked your question.

Make sure you go back and read the first post in this topic, Stream outlines some good points that will really help you get on track with the rest of the guys here. We also have at least three more topics like this you shoild read through that will help also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domination Strategy   Domination Strategy - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Domination Strategy
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4