Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Blog Post 10/10/11

Go down 

Post Blog here or on old site?
Post on Old Site. It reminds me of the good old days when we walked uphill both ways to school in 2 feet of snow.
Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_lcap17%Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Post in thread here so I can quote from text into my comment like we should be able to in the 21st century.
Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_lcap44%Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Suck it Trebeck
Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_lcap39%Blog Post 10/10/11 Vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Blog Post 10/10/11

Please put discussion on this thread so we can all see it.

Thanks and enjoy.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:54 pm

I had to vote for the SNL quote. But post it here would be my real answer.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 12:58 pm

As always, a very good read bro. I want to get in on some zombies with you homie.

A couple thoughts on your poll question that were not choices. 1: establish your blog on a real blog site maybe? I'd read it. 2: I would really enjoy a Winicott youtube commentary. seriously.. And I think others would as well.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:01 pm

in fact, lemme change my vote. Abandon the blog all together and focus on a youtube chanel. Smile I think we'd all enjoy it tremendously
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:11 pm

Congratulations on a satisfying week Wini. I pleases me to hear that someone has been successful. Those last 10 wins will come, but it might be more like 15.

JVegas is good, he was big in the last KotW match. Sounds like he has the spawn zones figured out. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

+ If we've got A and B and someone is spawn killing IN C do the guys he kills spawn at A?
+ If we've got A and B and someone is spawn killing IN C do the guys other players kill spawn at A? (Someone sure does)
+ If we have a back flag only and I go try to ghost the other back flag why do they still spawn there? I never do, it's always some random neutral area.

[rant]
My week has been frustrating apart from a couple good camp sessions leading to WOOF. One of two scenarios have been playing out in the lobbies. They are either KDR killwhores, in which case we win but I die alot, or the other team is playing the objective in which case we win (mostly) and I die alot more.
If I may suggest a few things.
+ If we get put into lobbies with newer, less than average players let's not make fun of them after we whoop their ass. Instead encourage them to stay so we can do it again. Only trash talk the better players for not PTFO.
+ When we are in-match against these newer players, racking up killstreaks etc MILK THE MATCH. Please don't triple cap them, I'm likely at 7-8 killstreak. Those matches should got 200-180 since we are in total control. Think about it. [/rant]
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:17 pm

Winicott as always your blogs are a pleasure to read. I was blown away by your kind words. Im glad I can be somebody that helps our squad out. And audio thanks as well. Winicott we should definitely get some zombies going bro. I'd love to run with you and Nate. Me and Nate have already done a round but he had to leave Sad. Thanks

Vegas
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 pm

IDREF and JxVegas are awesome at zombies. Sorry Vegas that I had to scoot that day. I can never seem to log in a large enough chunk of time for an epic zombies fest. Some games can go for a very long time. I am glad that Mr. Winicott had a good time on Der Reise. I enjoy that map and only shared what little I know of it.

I agree completely with the kill-whores locking down the spawns. It almost is spawn-trapping, but is quite in my opinion. If you keep the spawns fixed and cover all the routes out of the spawn that is good offense in my opinion. It is the ones that trap you and kill you as soon as you spawn that suck. Flipping the spawns does great pandamonium and I have seen us lose close matches due to that.

I agree with Audio about smack talking in the lobbies. I don't enjoy smack talking to a team that we just soundly beat, especially if they are trying to play the objective. I let the win and the score do the speaking. On the other hand if they are smack talking before the match or still talking crap after taking a beating I don't feel bad about throwing back some smart-assed one liners.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 pm

+1 Wini.....Somehow I went 22-5 on discovery yesterday, then the next few games I came back to reality, lol
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 2:04 pm

audiopile wrote:
Congratulations on a satisfying week Wini. I pleases me to hear that someone has been successful. Those last 10 wins will come, but it might be more like 15.

JVegas is good, he was big in the last KotW match. Sounds like he has the spawn zones figured out. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

+ If we've got A and B and someone is spawn killing IN C do the guys he kills spawn at A?
+ If we've got A and B and someone is spawn killing IN C do the guys other players kill spawn at A? (Someone sure does)
+ If we have a back flag only and I go try to ghost the other back flag why do they still spawn there? I never do, it's always some random neutral area.

[rant]
My week has been frustrating apart from a couple good camp sessions leading to WOOF. One of two scenarios have been playing out in the lobbies. They are either KDR killwhores, in which case we win but I die alot, or the other team is playing the objective in which case we win (mostly) and I die alot more.
If I may suggest a few things.
+ If we get put into lobbies with newer, less than average players let's not make fun of them after we whoop their ass. Instead encourage them to stay so we can do it again. Only trash talk the better players for not PTFO.
+ When we are in-match against these newer players, racking up killstreaks etc MILK THE MATCH. Please don't triple cap them, I'm likely at 7-8 killstreak. Those matches should got 200-180 since we are in total control. Think about it. [/rant]

Audio I completely agree

The matches with average players, there is no reason to taunt. I ONLY taunt when someone goes into the match talking and then loses 200-80 because they think its TDM.

As far as the triple capping, it can be annoying getting shot in the back because they are spawning behind you. When I run Ghost and flank I try not to get too deep into there spawn area. Some maps are more obvious than others (i.e Nuketown....you cannot go past the opposing fences or in their house).

With one month left lets have fun and win some games and when we are getting are asses handed to us, pull out the BBQ, noob tubes, and pistols and have some fun!
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 4:05 pm

You're right Stream, it's too late to be worried about the minor details. I need to chill and enjoy the good things about BO (like the famethrowa) before we go back to MW land.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 9:07 pm

Winni another outstanding read.... +Rep

On the thoughts of the Killwhores...
good KW's can go about it 2 ways.
Camp/Defend. Play slow and 'campy' but be close enough to B (within 2-3 seconds running) or have a position with a line of sight on it.
Or sneak into enemy spawn and create choas. This works if it's done with balance. The spawns will flip if our presence as a team is shifted onto the opponents side. 1 person can run around all day by himself as long as the other 5 are behind B. If the team is at or near the B line of the map and 1 or 2 players press into their spawn the balance of our team presence is now on their side of the map and the spawn flips.

ProTip- watch your map.. If your team is getting aggressive and pushing the B line press select and identify the the most open part of the map. that is where the are likely to spawn.
Example jungle. there are basically 6 spawn points ( there are more but many are very close together)
"A" spawn - village or river valley/ruins
"C" spawn - behind tent or rice patty
side spawns - B hut (>30< clubhouse) or below red hut in the river.
If you look at your map and know where your teammates are, you can predict the spawn.
1 guy in the village 1 guy on sniper rock, 1 guy at B hut, 1 guy near B in the river and the other 2 roam in between these positions and they will always spawn in the ruins allday errday. Spawn locked..
You can also lock them into the tent at C
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:38 am

In the voting options I don't see

-Put it in the Post and address it to 'Someone who gives a Fuck'
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:45 am

And Wini I don't really mean that I just thought it would be funny, I actually like the YouTube blog idea better. Preferably with you sitting in front of a log fire, smoking a pipe, adorned in your finest burgundy smoking jacket, a velvet cravat and old man slippers. You can read your blogs out as your fat tabby cat purrs quietly on your lap, and if you need a second to collect your thoughts you could sip on the single malt that is resting on your side table.

Now that Wini I'd like to see.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:16 am

Could we switch out the cat for a Basset Hound?
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:22 am

It's my fantasy Manic stay out of it.... unless of course you can persuade Wini to have Vivaldi's Spring playing quietly in the background as he reads his blog. Then maybe I'll be willing to bend a little, though in all honesty I don't think it'll take much persuasion as I think he listens to it as he writes his blogs.
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:23 am

For some reason I was hearing Stravinsky
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:25 am

xkillxfacex wrote:
And Wini I don't really mean that I just thought it would be funny, I actually like the YouTube blog idea better. Preferably with you sitting in front of a log fire, smoking a pipe, adorned in your finest burgundy smoking jacket, a velvet cravat and old man slippers. You can read your blogs out as your fat tabby cat purrs quietly on your lap, and if you need a second to collect your thoughts you could sip on the single malt that is resting on your side table.

Now that Wini I'd like to see.

Blog Post 10/10/11 YouWinanInternet
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 am

MANIC wrote:
For some reason I was hearing Stravinsky

What that's saved for when he gets tore up and smokes crack through a light bulb
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:30 am

Darker I don't even know what that means but it made me lol +1
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 am

Yeah...I'd figure that crazy time signature would result in awkwardness
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:33 am

I might prestige today
Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Sn0r1der wrote:
On the thoughts of the Killwhores...
good KW's can go about it 2 ways.
Camp/Defend. Play slow and 'campy' but be close enough to B (within 2-3 seconds running) or have a position with a line of sight on it.
Or sneak into enemy spawn and create choas. This works if it's done with balance. The spawns will flip if our presence as a team is shifted onto the opponents side. 1 person can run around all day by himself as long as the other 5 are behind B. If the team is at or near the B line of the map and 1 or 2 players press into their spawn the balance of our team presence is now on their side of the map and the spawn flips.

ProTip- watch your map.. If your team is getting aggressive and pushing the B line press select and identify the the most open part of the map. that is where the are likely to spawn.
Example jungle. there are basically 6 spawn points ( there are more but many are very close together)
"A" spawn - village or river valley/ruins
"C" spawn - behind tent or rice patty
side spawns - B hut (>30< clubhouse) or below red hut in the river.
If you look at your map and know where your teammates are, you can predict the spawn.
1 guy in the village 1 guy on sniper rock, 1 guy at B hut, 1 guy near B in the river and the other 2 roam in between these positions and they will always spawn in the ruins allday errday. Spawn locked..
You can also lock them into the tent at C

Snow- Solid response. This is the kind of input that is helpful in taking the next step in operating as a team. This is something we all kind of 'know' by playing all this time, but were never able to quantify. We need to figure out something like this description for MW3 maps. I know when I see people pushing too hard past B I run back to our flag or behind it if I can to keep people from spawning there. I figure if I am standing near where they may spawn then the algorithm may prevent it from putting the other team there.

xXkillcuntfaceXx wrote:

I laughed at both. I know you well enough.

TY Marsh and KF. I like the idea of a vid blog, but I keep thinking of what kind of time it will take to edit vids and post them. Like for this blog I would want stills and the like to point out the areas of high threat and how having JVegas back there is helpful. Also, my play is pretty dirty, as in I am lucky to hit 5 KS with any kind of regularity. May not be that fun to watch. I think I would like to switch to others in the matches. I just envision that would take a lot of time to put together. This may detract from BO time. Just sayin'

Both composers are good. Stravinsky reminds me of how BO is playing right now. I also have a fondness for Charles Ives. That guy is intense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blog Post 10/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Post 10/10/11   Blog Post 10/10/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog Post 10/10/11
Page 1 of 1