Over 30 Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over 30 Clan

Call of Duty Clan Page

Back to Main Website  HomeHome  First REGISTER HERE  Then APPLY HERE  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Blogs  Videos  Log inLog in  Photos  Rules  

Over 30 Clan has moved. New site same domain. Visit www.over30clan.com to Register and Apply. See You there!!! Thanks The1UrLookin4

Google Search
Custom Search
Black Ops (#5)
Modern Warfare 3 (#2)
Black Ops 2 (#9)
PS3 Brothers Across the Pond
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Ps4 to xbox1 convert
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 2:54 am by makersmark123

» Introducing myself to the over30clan
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2014 9:05 pm by Guest

» New jack here from upstate NY
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm by Guest

» These forums are read only!!
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:55 pm by The1UrLookin4

» New Site is Live
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 4:56 pm by DjaxDjax6

» A Shushman in Need...
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 pm by gpfreak

» Netherlands
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 10:21 pm by Vidzjunkie

» Hello again
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:15 am by Gunny0

» 'ello 'ello!
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:14 am by Gunny0

» PS4 App: Wakoz_AK (needs to register)
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:13 am by Gunny0

» Ps3 App: Decaman (approved welcome back)
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:12 am by Gunny0

»  K.E.M problems
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 3:37 pm by MBZA

» I'd like to plan in a clan.
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 7:18 pm by Kenjamin77

» The new face of the Over30Clan
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm by douwant2

» Anyone still playing BO2?
Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:32 pm by brninitdwn

Ads
Google Ads

Xbox One is built to last 10 years.

Go down 
+7
FiremanLFD525
Criptic Wolf
Repo_Dog
NukeLaCoog
pariah_81
TheCanisDirus
Doamne01
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 pm

And always be on.....camera's pointed and staring.

Good news, it shouldn't break for a long time even if you leave it running 24/7.

Supposedly MS had longevity and reliability as the focus of the xbone from the start after the RROD fiasco to start this past gen.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/162889-xbox-one-is-built-to-last-for-10-years-while-powered-on-sources-say
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 67

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 1:58 pm

So does that mean that they purposely built the original Xbox 360s to last a few days to a few months? If so, they could have given a warning, "This Xbox was built to self-destruct in ...5...4...3..."

BTW, does the 10 year build include use on Leap Years or do I need to turn it off those days to get my full 10 years?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 4:12 pm

I think it is a sign that they plan to have a system more reliable than the 360 Slims which have been really reliable under steady use for me.

I hope they make it happen.

Welcome to another xbox one thread.

lmao
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 6:08 pm

My point, while filled with sarcasm, was meant to say that they're not going to come out and say that they built it to last a week and they wouldn't build one that they thought would last a week. They didn't build the Xbox 360 that way either as it would be ridiculous to build a system that results in bad PR, returns/exchanges, and loss in faith in your products.

There's no doubt that the upgraded heat-sinks and fans will make a difference, but complex electronics and their longevity are dependent up the quality of each component, the quality of the component connections, the length and type of use they receive, and how they are cared for by the user. Two different systems used in the same manner with the same care could last one of the users 15 years and the other 5.

Stating that they took more care in the building of the One is a fair statement but stating that they are built to last 10 years is regurgitating a company's slogan not making a statement of any validity.

BTW, I'm getting an Xbox One release day console.
lmao spin head around and vomit pea soup Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:20 pm

Sweet.

Which game you picking up with it?

I know I'll get Ghosts and BF4 for the xbone at launch.
Back to top Go down
Doamne01

Doamne01

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:37 pm

I'll be using it at my Care Home so that the residents can more easily Skype relatives that may not be able to visit and the Kinect should allow some that are unable to use the Wii to exercise and have fun; so I will be looking into fitness games for them mostly.

As for having one that I play my games on, depending on how the one that I have acts and how it's received by the gaming community, I plan on getting one next summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:43 pm

With the heart rate monitoring and whatnot they claim the kinect 2 can do, it might be a great tool for that sort of thing.

Couldn't hurt for an older gent to enjoy a game of domination imo.

Keeps the spirits up.

I hope they let me play CoD 57 when I'm in the home.

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 56

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 am

FightingOkra75 wrote:

Keeps the spirits up.

All right up until he experiences his first case of "WTF i was just killed around the corner and I didn't even fire in his KillCam" lag... then it's a massive heart attack.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 21

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:18 am

gun fer hire wrote:
FightingOkra75 wrote:

Keeps the spirits up.

All right up until he experiences his first case of "WTF i was just killed around the corner and I didn't even fire in his KillCam" lag... then it's a massive heart attack.
If its to be believed, that will not happen on the xbox anymore. They look like xbox 1 COD is getting servers hosted by microsoft cloud.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am

^^^ If Xbox runs Ghosts on their Azure cloud we all know Sony will answer and run Ghosts on Gaikai or other servers. I think we'll either see all or nothing. Both companies know that if one side had DS while the other was P2P there would be a mass migration... they wont/cant let that happen when the solution is so (relatively) inexpensive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:11 am

I read an article where MS people claimed that any online mulitplayer match could be moved to being hosted by the cloud.

Shooters, co-op games......all of it.

Supposedly we will have the option to move player hosted games to cloud hosting ourselves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:13 am

It is to be an "optional" feature the way I read it.

I wouldn't assume it would be found on both consoles however......it will be an "optional feature available on the xbox version" I bet.

Activision has their deal with MS so something like this wouldnn't be a shocker.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 am

IW has confirmed they are hosting cod games on the cloud. and Gaikai has not had anything said about hosting games or any kind of cloud computing. its for accessing Sony games.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:35 am

^^^Yup... Gaikai the game streaming server based system (PS1-PS3)... which, if push came to shove, Sony could use as a server resource to host whatever they'd deem necessary to compete (If M$ did some bomb dropping and went with DS for every multiplayer game). Now THAT could be a game changer... if M$ can somehow guarantee that all online games would be on dedicated servers and do some kinda of anti-lag assurances (and smartly market that way)... that would put the pressure back on Sony, big time!

Would you mind posting a link to IW's comments on cloud hosting? All I've seen are the interviews where Mark Rubin said "I can't talk about it yet!" and "...We're not talking about anything dedicated server-related yet". I haven't seen anything from IW confirming this cloud hosting? I'd be pumped if it's true...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

deleted to get out of the MS/sony stuff

Have fun guys!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 am

Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

^^^ Ah ok... I've seen that article as well. It seemed like he was saying something was confirmed. Oh well... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough either way though. Back on topic....

I think most modern electronics are designed to last well over 10 years. I'm sure we'll see both next gen consoles being played (or at least physically functioning) 15 years from now. Hell, i got a 2600 and just about everything else up from there still working great.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

It was a quip from E3 Gun. Also, Microsoft has stated vehemently that all MP games will go to cloud based. Here is the Wired artcle from a quick google search:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/05/xbox-one/

and yes it is not mandatory, but here is another article where microsoft spoke up about dedicated servers as well:

http://videogamesandnews.com/xbox-one-multiplayer-features-dedicated-servers-smart-match-trd/
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 pm

^^^It's cool man, i just misunderstood, no worries. I read what you said as IW confirmed... like an official statement about dedicated servers. Thanks for the link to the articles (i've read those too lol... just about every scrub of info on the next gens... i'm too much of a Geek)!

So far there is only conjecture but i'm sure we'll hear something at Gamescom this week.
Back to top Go down
pariah_81

pariah_81

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:22 pm

I do know IW did say something of dedicated servers being a real possibility at E3, but I can't find for the life of me the interview with them.  I am still searching,  and I really really think its going to happen.  Activision would be stupid not to.  They have the code, and it is free for them to use. That is too good to pass up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 12:51 pm

gun fer hire wrote:
^^^ Ah ok... I've seen that article as well.  It seemed like he was saying something was confirmed.  Oh well...  I'm sure we'll find out soon enough either way though.  Back on topic....

I think most modern electronics are designed to last well over 10 years.  I'm sure we'll see both next gen consoles being played (or at least physically functioning) 15 years from now.  Hell, i got a 2600 and just about everything else up from there still working great.
I do know cpu's are designed to run for 20+ years. Most computer guys think if you are going to have an issue with major components it will be in the first month 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
TheCanisDirus

TheCanisDirus

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:00 pm

@Pariah: Oh i don't doubt it... they've been dropping what seem like "hints". I just really can't see it being a console exclusive sorta thing, ya' know? Like imagine if Xbox had all it's games on dedicated servers and PS4 was mostly P2P... that shit alone would sway things big!

Hell, at that point id prob have to switch over to a One initially b/c most of what i play is online... but i really couldn't see Sony not having an answer for that... they'd know how much that would crush them.

@Okra: Yeah i think you hit the nail on the head there... most failures occur in something like the first 30-90 days... if it lasts through that chances are you'll have it a long wile. Though i bet big changes will occur in the PC-Steam-Box world before these next gen consoles finish their 10 year span. That's the future.
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 1:02 pm

It is asinine to NOT use dedicated servers for any large MP game on XONE especially for Call of Duty. I am expecting them to announce it....if they don't it says a lot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:21 pm

I can see Sony not having an answer.

See party chat as exhibit A this past generation.

I still believe this is just rumor though at this point.  But, I wouldn't be shocked if MS has decided to spend a lot of money (that Sony simply does not have in reserve) in order to subsidize servers for xbox live this coming generation.

I'll believe dedicated servers when I see it but the smoke is getting thicker so there could be something to these stories that the xbone will have dedicated servers available for most all mulitiplayer games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-25-titanfall-dev-demystifies-xbox-one-cloud-following-a-lot-of-confusion-online

"It sounds like Microsoft isn't charging developers too high a price for access to Azure, either. "Microsoft priced it so that it's far more affordable than other hosting options," Shiring said. "Their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don't want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.""
Back to top Go down
NukeLaCoog

NukeLaCoog

Reach-a-Rounds Received : 100

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 4:33 pm

They ARE available. It is up to the developers to use them at minimal to no cost.

Sony has an answer, they just have to absorb the costs involved to make it easy for developers. It is doubtful that they will do it, but the solution is out there. Before you jump on the thought that they don't have the money remember that they a new revenue stream coming they never had before...PS+ will be a huge money make for them and the majority of PS4 customers have it. It is estimated that PS+ will make them an additional $1.2 billion per year. I still doubt they will do it, but they have the means
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NukeLaCoogx2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One is built to last 10 years.   Xbox One is built to last 10 years. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One is built to last 10 years.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next